collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The new "Gaurdians of Harmony" toys  (Read 3068 times)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The new "Gaurdians of Harmony" toys
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2016, 01:23:19 PM »
But...but... the Transformers are a warrior race of sentient machines fighting to keep humanity from being overthrown by evil! The Ninja Turtles are trained in a deadly martial art to defeat a ninja master from taking over the world.

THE PONIES LEARN LESSONS ABOUT FRIENDSHIP. -_-
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2016, 02:04:49 PM »
But...but... the Transformers are a warrior race of sentient machines fighting to keep humanity from being overthrown by evil! The Ninja Turtles are trained in a deadly martial art to defeat a ninja master from taking over the world.

I have to agree with you there. And I'm not really sure what's up with Twilights mechanical claws, plus she never actually fought a changeling since she was a princess ((not counting when she went into the alternate timeline)). And honestly they don't fight that much :/ I wish they did tho  :blush:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
Instagram: @lunamooncustoms

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2016, 09:35:52 PM »
I saw the Celestia one at work recently and I think she looks really amazing in person.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2016, 06:00:24 AM »
I saw the Celestia one at work recently and I think she looks really amazing in person.

I really wish they had gone for all four colors in her mane and tail. :\ Even 3 would have been nice! Blue plastic with a painted pink stripe just doesn't do it... Though I think the pose is awesome.

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2016, 07:55:00 AM »

I really wish they had gone for all four colors in her mane and tail. :\ Even 3 would have been nice! Blue plastic with a painted pink stripe just doesn't do it... Though I think the pose is awesome.

Yeah I have to agree, and on the back of the box it shows celestia with hair that looks almost metallic, and with way more pink. That's really the only thing that bother me, at least they didn't make her body pink   ;).   But the paint is a little slightly off in mines eyes as well, it's really blurry. The funko ones just don't have paint errors like that :/

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
Instagram: @lunamooncustoms

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2016, 08:53:38 AM »
Booo! :(

Although Funkos aren't that great either. I had two with tails that were practically falling out. They broke off after I touched them as I lifted them out of the box. And I had a Celestia whose horn broke off IN the box! When I brought that one back to TRU, the cashier said "Oh, you could just glue it back on!" :\

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2016, 09:13:10 AM »

At least it's easily fixable.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2016, 05:22:33 PM »

I have both Celestia and NMM and where I have Celestia when the light hits it JUST right her hair doesn't look just pink and blue. I've tried getting pictures of it but it doesn't come out. I think them and maybe Spike/Shining Armor are going to be the only ones in this series I get mainly cause its so HARD to find anything new MLP out here.
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2016, 10:33:41 AM »
Moving to corral :)

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2016, 02:39:51 PM »

I have to agree with you there. And I'm not really sure what's up with Twilights mechanical claws, plus she never actually fought a changeling since she was a princess ((not counting when she went into the alternate timeline)). And honestly they don't fight that much :/ I wish they did tho  :blush:

Those claws are supposed to be to grab and fling the Changeling away (I guess Twilight's expression is because they are kinda heavy?). So really it's a defensive move as opposed to attacking. The Guardians of Harmony might not start fight but they do defend themselves if they get attacked.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2016, 04:16:25 PM »
I saw the Nightmare Moon one at a walmart and I really liked it.  I wanted to get it but I was told not to buy anymore stuff until I move and it was kind of big so there was no way I could sneak it into my purse, but I bought a Maud Pie funko vinyl instead. :P

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2016, 06:03:17 AM »
Where ponies are concerned, I'm not a fan of toys that don't have brushable hair, so I'm not into these. However they seem really well made. I think I'm right that the giant adultish Spike the Dragon is also part of this line? I say giant, it's large compared to a brushable. Interestingly enough in the toy store this morning it was a boy who was fascinated and playing with it, not a girl...not that I'm stereotyping, just thought it interesting.

In terms of the concept, I think its awesome. I never have got into FIM because it spends too much time on trivial things like Pinkie Pie's parties and Rarity's fashion. I kinda got fed up with watching it, because in my opinion it presents an unreal expectation of how friendship works and an unrealistic expectation that being nice to someone automatically means they'll be your friend...which isn't how the world is. Also that all the bad guys will end up being good guys if you are nice to them, which I think is a dangerous premise to teach kids in the world we live in. Not that it's bad to promote those things as an ideal, I just feel it's trying too hard to push those ideas into the storyline (at least up to where I stopped watching).

If FIM had been more on the lines of Rescue at Midnight Castle, Tambelon etc from the start I would probably have been more interested. In G1, they didn't try and befriend all the bad guys. Some of them they consigned to their own world of doom and darkness. I like the idea of them being a motley crew of friends forced together in adversity, I just don't feel that Hasbro have really capitalised on the idea of that in either the show and the overall toy line.

I don't think it hurts to branch out and maybe widen the target base of the toys at the same time. They are more action figurey, and maybe the point is to make it seem more accessible to boys AND girls as far as toys go.

But I am the girl who, as a child, played games with friends that involved zombie overlords invading ponyland, among other things. So I guess I like that concept much more.

If the figures had hair you could brush, I would probably be all over them...;)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 06:10:55 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2016, 06:21:56 AM »
I have both the Celestia and Nightmare Moon figures, but I want most of this toy line! <3 I haven't seen much in stores yet, and am thinking about buying from Hasbro Toy Shop before I miss out...
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline SaelaVe

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2016, 09:27:59 AM »

Those claws are supposed to be to grab and fling the Changeling away (I guess Twilight's expression is because they are kinda heavy?). So really it's a defensive move as opposed to attacking. The Guardians of Harmony might not start fight but they do defend themselves if they get attacked.

Completely agree. 
FiM is quite heavily about resolving conflict, and that resolution very often involves battle.  One of the most epic battle sequences that I've ever seen in a kids' cartoon was Twilight's fight against Tirek at the end of season four.  Almost every season ends with some sort of clash between the ponies and a nemesis which threatened the existence of either friendship, Equestria, or both.  And this, of course, hearkens back to the original animated series, which was also quite heavily about ponies adventuring and fighting the forces of evil.

I think that this was a bold and genius move on Hasbro's part.  These figures show that, just like FiM, "girl's" toys can and should be multi-dimensional.  MLP are pretty, colorful, glittery fantasy horses with silky manes who learn and teach life-lessons about friendship.  But they are also battle-doing superheroes whose very job in Equestria is to routinely save it from annihilation.

Personally, I love these and plan on buying several for myself and my daughter.
"I like being weird.  Weird's all I've got.  That and my sweet style."

:rainbow: Instagram :rainbow:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2016, 09:49:29 AM »

Completely agree. 
FiM is quite heavily about resolving conflict, and that resolution very often involves battle.  One of the most epic battle sequences that I've ever seen in a kids' cartoon was Twilight's fight against Tirek at the end of season four.  Almost every season ends with some sort of clash between the ponies and a nemesis which threatened the existence of either friendship, Equestria, or both.  And this, of course, hearkens back to the original animated series, which was also quite heavily about ponies adventuring and fighting the forces of evil.

I think that this was a bold and genius move on Hasbro's part.  These figures show that, just like FiM, "girl's" toys can and should be multi-dimensional.  MLP are pretty, colorful, glittery fantasy horses with silky manes who learn and teach life-lessons about friendship.  But they are also battle-doing superheroes whose very job in Equestria is to routinely save it from annihilation.

Personally, I love these and plan on buying several for myself and my daughter.

Yup. Also I've said something to this effect before but I think seeing Mattel's actiony DC SuperHero Girls and wanting a chunk of that audience had something to do with it. Even tho they have the rights to Marvel they probably can't pull anything as ambitious without Disney's involvement and it's just easier to work with something entirely theirs.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 09:51:41 AM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal