collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 fan saying hi!  (Read 514 times)

Shadewing

• Trade Count: (0)
G1 fan saying hi!
« on: September 08, 2016, 05:10:46 PM »
My name is Erica and I have collected My Little Ponies since I was a little girl. I collect ponies made from 1980-1995; I use the term G1 for ponies from this period.  I love 'treasure hunting' at flea markets, yard sales, and thrift stores and I can't say no to even the most rough-looking ponies.  I have ponies from other generations too, mostly when they come in packs with G1s.  Hmm...I live in Canada so that's where my collection is limited to for now!  I have G1 doubles I can trade, as well as some from other generations.  As mentioned before I buy rough or 'bait' ponies-especially since I found some videos on how to fix them.  I wrote to an arena member about an ad she had on kijiji; that's how I found out about this place (and how to ethically mark restored ponies!)  I mostly am excited to browse through a like-minded community of collectors, and look forward to growing my 'herd'!!  Thanks for having me!

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: G1 fan saying hi!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 08:16:44 PM »
Welcome to the Arena :wave:

Sounds like you're off to a great start and are already making pony friends!

Now that you have found this community, be aware that herd of yours is likely to double in size in no time :silly:

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 07:28:09 AM »
Welcome! I'm so happy there's another G1 fan here who believes in saving the ponies others might consider "bait."  :yikes:  I always feel that if they can be customized into something else, they can just as well be restored to their original state (even if it wouldn't be considered minty, at least she's who she was meant to be!).

And Spinky is right, this community is nothing but enablers, your herd is likely to increase quickly!  :silly:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Kikwifluff

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Bait ponies need love too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 11:58:13 AM »
Welcome to the Arena!  :lovey:

Like you I can't turn away a sad looking pony- they always come home with me! I love g1, they're just so sweet looking!   ^.^

And good work restoring the bait ponies- it's sometimes difficult, but always rewarding to see a pony (especially g1!) restored to their former beauty!  :frolic:

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 07:32:41 PM »
Hi, Shadewing! Welcome to the Arena!

I also love rummaging through secondhand stores to find older ponies, it's just more fun to "hunt"  :) It never hurts to restore baits, always good to have another dedicated restorer around here!
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal