collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: cleaning perfume puffs, scented and so softs  (Read 298 times)

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
cleaning perfume puffs, scented and so softs
« on: August 29, 2016, 01:23:00 PM »
How do you clean yours?
I gently shampoo and condition my G1 so softs.

G3 scented ponies I scrub the bodies with toothbrush/paste, shampoo&condition the hair and it brings the scent out again.

I haven't cleaned a perfume puff before, what are the do`s and don`ts?

Offline Rachel8125

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Emotional Wellness
Re: cleaning perfume puffs, scented and so softs
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 02:50:07 AM »
I do the same with so softs. I've also found that drying them as quickly as possible prevents the bobble look (like on sweaters that have been washed a lot). So I gently pat as much water as possible from them and then use a cold hair dryer for about a minute. After this I air them in front of a window and repeat the 1min cold hair dryer a few times over the next hour. It's worked for me!

Offline Purpleglasses

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 07:29:42 AM »
I love scented G1s (my childhood Sugar Apple still has that sweet smell, which I sometimes accentuate by sticking her in a ziplock bag) so I'd love to hear more stories about people fixing up G1 pony scents! Has anyone ever cleaned one and destroyed its smell, or cleaned one they thought had lost its scent and had it come back? Do scented products cover it? I would love to know.

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 07:43:40 AM »
I have cleaned my Perfume puffs basicaly like I clean my normal Ponies. Their hair is so much fun to comb out especially when it's super messy. I love washing it with a frizzy hair shampoo and then rinse it and put in the conditioner and take a normal comb at first to comb out the worst knots. And then take a thin comb and brush it out gently. The result is amazing and surprisingly lost little to none hair. I was affraid I would lose a lot of hair, but it's super strong! After it's combed out I leave in the conditioner for a bit before washing it out again. It makes them smell super nice.

I rarely wash Pony bodies unless it's nessicairy. I just don't want water in their tail hole.

That's also one thing I do with all my Ponies. Make sure you don't just hold them under the water or just run the tail under the water but leave about a centimeter of hair dry from the tail hole.

If I wash bodies I always use dish washing soap. Nothing special. A sponge or toothbrush for tighter spaces such as around the base of the mane, ears and between the legs.
My wish list: Click here!.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal