collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: World's Longest Yard Sale Finds! (Long Post, pic heavy)  (Read 999 times)

Offline HoneyBonnieBunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
World's Longest Yard Sale Finds! (Long Post, pic heavy)
« on: August 12, 2016, 11:33:05 PM »
Last weekend I got to explore The World's Longest Yardsale! It stretches roadside all the way from Gadsden, Alabama to Michigan! Me, my mom, my aunt, and her bf started in Alabama and made it up to Crossville, Tennessee. I found way more ponies than I ever expected to, plus a few extras :)

Most of the g1 ponies came from the same booth, a woman's childhood collection. They were in a box with a bunch of old dolls, and I almost passed the booth up. I just happened to catch a glimpse of Applejack's symbols and I got to digging! She let me have ones with obvious marks for $1 and the rest for $3 each. My total would have been $25, but because I bought so many she was nice enough to bump them down to $18 ^^

Sunglory! My first and only Sundazzle pony. She was $1.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Pony Bride! She doesn't have her ring, and her other side has a big sticky black mark (which i'm pretty sure/hopeful will come off when i wash her). She was $1

Peachy! $3

Firefly! Her glitter symbols are perfect, and her hair is so bright! She was my first g1 pegasus.  I was never a fan of the g1 wing shape, but they're starting to grow on me! I love her pose too <3 $3

Applejack! She's pretty much perfect, they only major flaw I can find are initials on the bottom of her feet, but that's not even much of a flaw. $1

Baby Lickety Split, and Baby Lucky! $3 and $1 these are my first baby ponies, and Lickety is a first tooth baby! Lucky even has his bowtie.

So Soft Sundance and Magic Star! The flocking on both these ponies is perfect, I can't find a rubbed spot anywhere! Sundance also had her harness(?) so that was nice! I think both of these were $3.

Glory! Another pony with amazing glitter symbols. One of the tails of the star on one side has a slight rub near the top, but otherwise she's gorgeous! $3

Twilight! I love the g1 unicorns, and Twilight is probably one of my favorites (Along with Galaxy and Fizzy). Another pony with beautiful glitter symbols! $3

The next group was from an older lady in a booth towards the end of day 2. At first she said they would all be a few dollars each, but when I started to put them down she said she'd let me have them for a dollar each!

Sparkler! I found a Sparkler last summer, along with a Bonnie Bonnets and they were my first g1s! This one may actually be in better condition than mine, but since the other was my first g1 idk if I could part with either one of them. This sparkler came with some cute purple slippers, but idk if they're originally hers. They were on her out in the heat and some of the dye was rubbing off on her ;-; It didn't stain too bad, but I'm hoping what is there will come up with some acetone.

Minty! I love her white hair, I like to imagine that she's a little granny pony. She's also a flat foot!

Butterscotch! I found two Butterscotch's on the Yard Sale. The first was with the girl that i bought the big g1 group from, but i left her behind since I already had one at home. I had to grab this one though because she's also a flat foot (like Minty, and like the Butterscotch I already had!). She also has this cute rainbow dress and legwarmers, but again idk if they're hers originally.

Beddy-Bye Eye baby Hearthrob! I really like Hearthrob, so I was excited to find baby Hearthrob. Unfortunately one eye is rusted open, and the other just kinda does whatever it feels like. I'm hoping they can be fixed :c if not she'll still display nice ^^

Lastly, Peach Blossom! She's my first flutter pony, but unfortunately she doesn't have her wings. Since she was only a dollar, and I've always heard that it's hard to find them with their wings anyway, I went ahead and got her. I love her so much, and I'm hoping eventually I can get her some replacements!

Moonstone! Moonstone was in a lot with a few g3s. She's pretty grubby, but I think most of it will come up with a magic eraser. Her glitter symbols seem a little faded too, but I'm hoping they'll pop better once she's cleaned up. I got her and the g3s from a mom and her little girl for only 50 cents each!

The rest of my ponies were all g3s and g3.5. I was surprised at the lack of g4, and the few I did find were all Mane 6.

G3.5 Styling Size Pinkie was 1$. I didn't notice the tiny teeth marks around her ear, chin, and hooves until I had offered the dollar and the lady accepted ;^; Luckily the marks are small and not too noticeable.

G3.5 Rainbow Dash and G3 Pineapple Paradise were $2 each. I almost left Rainbow Dash behind because I'm a cheapskate, but I just couldn't do it. I love Pineapple Paradise, I had never seen her before then ^^

The rest of the G3s and G3.5 Scootaloo were all 50 cents each!

Finally, my non pony items!

1995 Twinkle Bear for only 50 cents! I had never seen one before, but i'm in love! I'm not sure if she'll still light up because the battery box looked a little rough. I'm wondering if it can be replaced, and how?? Even if she never lights up again she's still super cute!

The Lion from the Moon Dreamer's line, again only 50 cents! I don't know much about Moon Dreamers, but I recognized him immediately. He doesn't glow in the dark anymore, and he's pretty dirty, but I think he'll clean up nice. I'm debating whether I want to keep or sell him..

Little Pretty, Frosty Fur for $1. I had never seen one in person, and she's bigger than I expected. The rubber bands holding her braids are melted into her hair, so I'm going to let it soak for awhile and hope it just kind of breaks up.

Care Bear Figure, $1! I'm not sure what this bear's name is, but he's really cute. He has a small rub on his nose, and small one on his symbol, but I don't think it's too noticeable. Does anyone know his name?

And finally, Pokemon marbles and pouch still in their package! For $2 this was pretty good, and I had never seen these before. The package had a lot of water damage, so I figured it was worthless and went ahead and opened it. The pouch and marbles were fine tho, and they're really pretty and detailed.

That's it for my World's Longest Yard Sale post! I'm Sorry for the length, I was just super excited about all my finds. I think all my ponies came out being $26? I figured that was pretty good! Did anyone else get to visit the yard sale? If so which part did you see, and did you find anything interesting?
Commissions are open~

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Re: World's Longest Yard Sale Finds! (Long Post, pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 11:54:56 PM »
Congrats! I went through our sale in Arkansas today but didn't go as far, lol didn't turn up as much here. Sundazzle is a fun pony especially if her hair still works.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline misskindle

• No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • ~Everything must be PINK~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 02:10:14 AM »
First of all congrats! That yard sale sounds like a lot of fun. Second of all, the Care Bear is Birthday Bear! He's one of my favorites.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 12:17:46 PM »
Congrats. You found some great ponies. :)

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 05:48:03 PM »
Wow congrats on the pony finds there.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2016, 09:42:49 AM »
Oh wow! Thats a pretty impressive "ponies in the wild" pony haul :) Congrats on everything. And it sounds like you and your family had a pretty great adventure as well.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2016, 01:53:50 PM »
It must have been so exciting to find so may G1 ponies in one place - and at such good prices too.  Nice that Sundnce still has her bridle, not to mention some other random costume pieces with the others.  Nice finds :frolic:

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2016, 11:40:43 PM »
Wow! That sounds like a lot of fun and great pony finds!!!

Offline Blue Haired Ken Doll

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
  • Always eat your vegetables young grasshopper ♡
    • View Profile
    • My Blog ♡
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2016, 07:17:15 AM »
Great Finds!
(ᵄ̴̶̷́ॢ ˙̮ ᵄ̴̶̷̀∗ॢ) ♡ Formerly known as Diamond Pony

Offline Littlesparklepony

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2016, 01:41:41 PM »
So many ponys at the same Yard sale!

Big Congrats on them!

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2016, 05:30:38 PM »
Awesome finds!

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2016, 10:40:46 PM »
That sounds like an exciting yard sale!!! Not to mention you found a really good assortment of G1 and non-pony finds too.  Congrats :cheer:

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2016, 09:30:44 PM »
Wow, major congrats! I love events like that - you always know you're bound to find ~something~!

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal