collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: my little wiki is back up and updated!  (Read 4730 times)

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: my little wiki is back up and updated!
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2016, 05:01:07 AM »
I'm not sure if it's just me but none of the pictures will load.

It's not just you, I'm noticing the same thing.

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2016, 07:20:43 AM »

They don't load on the page, but you can click on the little gray boxes where they should be to view them.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2016, 08:56:45 AM »

They don't load on the page, but you can click on the little gray boxes where they should be to view them.
I've noticed that it varies by page.  I can see them on some but not others.  They appear just fine when I click on them though so it probably just some kind of formatting issue from the shift.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline absol

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • mylittlewiki.org, mylittlewiki.org/absol-site
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2016, 07:53:47 PM »
Thanks everypony for your kind words! I am a maniac for organizing and for my little ponies, it is so much fun to share organizing my little ponies with everyone!  :lovey:

The images issue has to do with thumbnail generation I think, that is, if an image hasn't been viewed at a particular size already, that size can't generate now because that is a kind of edit and all edits are off (or the folder hierarchy got out of order, or, or, etc.). But the original is certainly there as was mentioned, and you can still click on a grayed out image and see it it seems. It will be another few days until I can get back to working out the wrinkles of the new install.

In the mean time, I have seen scans people have done over the years of books and comics in jpg format... if anyone has any laying around that they feel inclined to dig up and share... it is the future and there are handy tools like this that can turn a pile of jpgs into a single scrolling pdf  :biggrin: https://smallpdf.com/jpg-to-pdf

Here are a couple links that show a mediawiki pdf extension in action.
http://spiele.j-crew.de/w/index.php?title=Datei:13q_gro.pdf&page=2

https://usability.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=File:William_Blake,_a_critical_essay_(Swinburne).pdf&page=5

Offline pandorarose3

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2016, 06:02:02 PM »
Yea we hope you get things fixed when you can, ie listing the correct year for the ponys and more details on the accessories.

And has anyone experienced any issues where when you select a pony from the list to open it up to see more details on the pony it goes all of the way down to the bottom of the screen?
Find the Original My Little Pony Talk Show only on blogtalkradio.com http://www.blogtalkradio.com/My-Little-Pony-Talk  We are live every Monday night at 8pm Eastern time.

Offline Tiara546

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.tiara546.de
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2016, 05:48:06 AM »
When the wiki was back online, I noticed that images bug too, and also noticed I couldn't edit the wiki anymore. I thought the image bug would get fixed and that nobody was allowed to edit the wiki in between as maintenance would be unfinished the time being, but it has been more than two months now. Could you please post an update on this? :heart:

Offline telelle_wings

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • G1 Unicorn Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2016, 03:32:53 PM »
I talked to absol recently and it sounds like between a crazy school schedule and other major time consuming/stressful events there hasn't been a lot of time to work on fixing the issue(s) with the wiki. Something in the backend of the server (NOT the wiki software) has to be fixed/changed and there just hasn't been time to do that with everything that's been going on. Hopefully soon but just so everyone knows absol has not forgotten about it.

Offline Tiara546

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.tiara546.de
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2016, 10:53:41 PM »
Ok thank you, that already helps. :)

Offline telelle_wings

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • G1 Unicorn Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2016, 04:18:16 PM »
Just wanted to let you all know that it looks like a bunch of kinks have been worked out of the wiki and the images and citations seem to be displaying correctly now!

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2016, 05:42:25 PM »
Looks good.  Nice to have the pictures back so I don't have to click those tiny little things.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Tiara546

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.tiara546.de
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2016, 09:13:09 PM »
 I saw it already one or two days ago by chance. Awesome, I simply love that page, it is just so beautiful with all those pony pictures and very useful at the same time.  :frolic:

Offline absol

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • mylittlewiki.org, mylittlewiki.org/absol-site
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2016, 07:31:46 PM »
OK! I think the wiki is back to 100% (sans my @mlw.org email working, I haven't even touched that yet, that's a server thing and not actually a mediawiki thing).

The problem was *one* of the many, many mediawiki install steps that I *thought* I did... whatever I did it, it didn't stick. :dumbpc: So.... I found the step, and the step has been stuck.

PLEASE let me know here in a message, or in this thread or another thread (dedicated to mlw problems maybe...) anything that you might find being glitchy on the wiki. If your concern is content related, someone else is going to have to change that for the time being.... getting interdisciplinary in my phd studies was a great idea until my extended family decided to tear each other to pieces over my late grama's estate -_- ...if anyone here is skilled at statistical analysis of fmri data plmk. ;;_;;

as usual, if you are interested in an account just let me know in a message the user name you'd like and your email address =D

absol

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal