collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bad Breath Minty?  (Read 5490 times)

Offline Purpleglasses

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Breath Minty?
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2016, 11:23:22 PM »
I had a pony once, a Merry Treats, who was gorgeous.  However, you could smell her across the room.  She was the most offensive combination of cigarette smoke and vomit imaginable.  All standard methods of cleaning were no match for this odor and finally, fearing for the safety of the rest of the herd and because you could smell her through a sealed baggie and my parents were complaining, Aadra and I buried her in my back yard.  A foot of dirt was the only thing powerful enough to quench her stench. 

True story.

Did you exhume her months later to see if she'd improved or is she out there to this day?

Post Merge: August 03, 2016, 11:30:12 PM

Fantastic Firefly, can I ask the specific brand of litter you use? I'm currently using arm and hammer clump and seal on some smelly ponies, but it's so perfumey they may need a second de-scenting. Sigh. At least they smell less musty than they did. Thank you for the pictures, they are so helpful!

« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 11:30:12 PM by Purpleglasses »

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2016, 07:40:56 AM »
I don't remember the origin of Smelly Treats and unless the dog dug her up she is still out there.

BRB, gonna ask Aadra if she remembers where we buried her...

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2016, 09:17:44 AM »
I had a pony once, a Merry Treats, who was gorgeous.  However, you could smell her across the room.  She was the most offensive combination of cigarette smoke and vomit imaginable.  All standard methods of cleaning were no match for this odor and finally, fearing for the safety of the rest of the herd and because you could smell her through a sealed baggie and my parents were complaining, Aadra and I buried her in my back yard.  A foot of dirt was the only thing powerful enough to quench her stench. 

True story.

Did you exhume her months later to see if she'd improved or is she out there to this day?

Post Merge: August 03, 2016, 11:30:12 PM

Fantastic Firefly, can I ask the specific brand of litter you use? I'm currently using arm and hammer clump and seal on some smelly ponies, but it's so perfumey they may need a second de-scenting. Sigh. At least they smell less musty than they did. Thank you for the pictures, they are so helpful!

To do that pony, and my musty one. I don't remember. I think it was a odor locking multiple cat one. we stockpile all sorts of litters *buy as much as possible on sale as one does with multiple cats and living in the sticks where the local store charges $$$ for stuff like that*. I avoid the heavily scented litters (I get chemical headaches, and cats do not like them). so at the store I sniff before I buy. Sometimes one brand offers multiple "fragrances" and types. Hopefully someone chimes in with more specific recommendations.

Post Merge: August 04, 2016, 09:24:47 AM

Aww! She looks so cute in her cell! XD Nice tip btw! I never tried kitty litter before, baking soda was useless.. Usually I ended up giving the pony away or having them cleaned internally, which did the trick!

Thank you! I used to use fresh baking soda. soda lined container, fabric (non staining) on top and pony on that). Baking soda alone does take FAR longer then this method though.

I was frightened to try the litter thing at first because people were submerging vintage toys in the actual litter (I fear damage)- after a bit of a durr moment I figured out a dish beside the pony (or anything you have that stinks) could do the trick without any direct contact.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 09:24:47 AM by FantasticFirefly »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2016, 11:11:57 AM »
I use something really similar to that FantasticFirefly has pictured but I also intersperse it with alternate weeks or fortnights in fresh air...sometimes fresh air works surprisingly well to desmellify something. :)

True story. 

Best smelly pony story ever lol.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2016, 12:44:32 PM »
I don't remember the origin of Smelly Treats and unless the dog dug her up she is still out there.

I really want to know how this turns out... I wonder if she'd be non-smelly now!

As a though, does filling a pony with dry rice work to remove their smell, or dry-something-not-food-based so you could keep them displayed?

I don't think I've had any ponies that have been particularly horrific. I wonder if that's due to European building methods and layouts where we have loft/attic storage more than basement/below-water-line storage?

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2016, 03:39:53 PM »

I really want to know how this turns out... I wonder if she'd be non-smelly now!

As a though, does filling a pony with dry rice work to remove their smell, or dry-something-not-food-based so you could keep them displayed?

I don't think I've had any ponies that have been particularly horrific. I wonder if that's due to European building methods and layouts where we have loft/attic storage more than basement/below-water-line storage?
Maybe those Silica packs XD? I've been tempted to put those in several ponies lol
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline DappledHazel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2016, 01:54:35 PM »

That would be cool if you found her!

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2016, 02:03:28 PM »

It is hot and I am lazy, so I am trying to coerce my 5 year old niece into digging for me.  When I asked my mother if she remembered us burying a pony, her response wasn't the more expected, "What do you mean you buried a pony in my yard" or "FFS why can't you be normal."  It was, instead, "What did it smell like?"  As if I bury smelly ponies routinely and she needed to know the particular odor to remember if I'd buried that specific one. 

Offline DappledHazel

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2016, 02:05:46 PM »

It is hot and I am lazy, so I am trying to coerce my 5 year old niece into digging for me.  When I asked my mother if she remembered us burying a pony, her response wasn't the more expected, "What do you mean you buried a pony in my yard" or "FFS why can't you be normal."  It was, instead, "What did it smell like?"  As if I bury smelly ponies routinely and she needed to know the particular odor to remember if I'd buried that specific one.

Once the sun starts to set it shouldn't be as hot.. That's funny your mom asked what it smelled like. Lol.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2016, 03:08:34 PM »

:rofl: This is one of the greatest pony stories I've ever heard! I NEED to hear how it ends and if you find "Smelly Treats" and if she still stinks.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 03:11:11 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2016, 05:30:44 PM »

:rofl: This is one of the greatest pony stories I've ever heard! I NEED to hear how it ends and if you find "Smelly Treats" and if she still stinks.
I want to hear how it ends too!
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2016, 05:41:05 PM »

This just keeps getting better. Parking self in thread to hear the end.

Offline Dusky

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Clockwork Firebird Designs
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2016, 02:25:56 PM »
I am getting popcorn and a nosepeg for this story... xD

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2016, 04:55:09 PM »
Me too, we all need to know the end of the story!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2016, 08:23:15 PM »
The picture says "Do not use PVC"  How can you tell if the bin you are using is PVC?

Also, one thing I always try first is putting the pony (toy) in the sun for about hour.  Sunlight has great disinfecting power and I've had success eliminating smoke smells from ponies, but don't forget and leave it out there too long!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal