collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help With Styling My Perfume Puffs' Wily Hair?  (Read 2193 times)

Offline Chelsea7

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Help With Styling My Perfume Puffs' Wily Hair?
« on: July 21, 2016, 02:27:24 PM »
Hi there,
I need someone with pony hair-styling talent to help me with these ladies...

As you can see in the pictures below I have their hair in ribbons, and their forelocks have been curled (you can see my Dainty's ridiculously re-pinked forelock), but I am not quite satisfied with how it looks. Does anyone have tips/tricks to making Perfume Puff hair stay neat and orderly? The bows help, but I want the ends of the puffs to be neat looking, not just stick out of the bows awkwardly like some sort of puff explosion. I'm curious as to if baby elastics would be useful? They're small enough to keep the hair in and make the hair look poofy without the bulky look of regular elastic hair bands.

Thoughts?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 02:44:55 PM by Chelsea7 »
My Tumblr

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Help With Styling My Perfume Puffs' Wily Hair?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 11:01:03 AM »

but I want the ends of the puffs to be neat looking, not just stick out of the bows awkwardly like some sort of puff explosion.

Thoughts?

That's what their hair is supposed to look like, crazy and poofy;  Hence "Perfume Puff"! 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 11:09:03 AM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Chelsea7

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 01:55:44 PM »

but I want the ends of the puffs to be neat looking, not just stick out of the bows awkwardly like some sort of puff explosion.

Thoughts?

That's what their hair is supposed to look like, crazy and poofy;  Hence "Perfume Puff"!

I sound dumb asking to tame something meant to be wild ^^'
But I mean tame as in having a "smooth" look, or like something controlled looking(?)

This is a good example of what I mean:

I have seen this pic many times but I can't remember the name of user who has this as their profile pic. If someone can help me out that'd be great! I'd love to shoot them a pm..
My Tumblr

Offline Leopard_Print_Unicorn

• New Wave pony on your Lisa Frank notebook
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Thread:
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 08:44:11 PM »

But I mean tame as in having a "smooth" look, or like something controlled looking(?)

I have seen this pic many times but I can't remember the name of user who has this as their profile pic. If someone can help me out that'd be great! I'd love to shoot them a pm..

That is tuneful87.
Formerly known as ponyRN.

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 06:03:40 AM »
wig shops are good places to get grooming tools. or pet places. metal teeth, nothing that snags and shreds at fibers (like a plastic tooth comb). I use a *clean- not used on pets* slicker with wire bristles for the hair. That does wonders for purfume puff hair, even nasty ones I find dead bugs and other hunks of gross in. I get clean floof at the end that way. the ends, I press them into place with my fingers.

the old kind (all wire)  slicker without the plastic things at the end of each bristle. in the photo you want to mimic, it looks like something was tied at the end of the mane and it's curled back NDS, and clipped. Giving that loop.

Offline Chelsea7

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 10:37:55 AM »
wig shops are good places to get grooming tools. or pet places. metal teeth, nothing that snags and shreds at fibers (like a plastic tooth comb). I use a *clean- not used on pets* slicker with wire bristles for the hair. That does wonders for purfume puff hair, even nasty ones I find dead bugs and other hunks of gross in. I get clean floof at the end that way. the ends, I press them into place with my fingers.

the old kind (all wire)  slicker without the plastic things at the end of each bristle. in the photo you want to mimic, it looks like something was tied at the end of the mane and it's curled back NDS, and clipped. Giving that loop.
Thank you! This is great info!! I will have to invest in a wire brush.
I noticed that too, I might have to try clipping the ends to get the look I want~

That is tuneful87.

Thanks! I'll shoot them a pm
My Tumblr

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal