collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Has anyone lost their childhood ponies?  (Read 3940 times)

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
Re: Has anyone lost their childhood ponies?
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2016, 08:22:59 AM »
Not lost but given away. I did it myself. Self inflected. I was a teenager and decided I was too cool for toys. As for the dream castle and the show stable I guess they went too. The things I miss the most are my childhood Baby Surprise and Surprise.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 08:24:57 AM by SkyCakes »

Offline DappledHazel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2016, 11:20:49 AM »
I didn't quite lose mine so much as they were thrown out without my permission. I had over 50 G1s and a complete Paradise Estate set. They were kept in my grandparents' basement so that I would always having something to play with when I went to visit for summers. Then as I got older, my cousins had children and so their children (I'm assuming since I never saw them really) would play with them. They lived a lot closer to my grandparents so they were over there more often. Life happens and now that I rediscovered my interest in ponies, I asked about where they are, and not one of my 3 cousins can answer, all they say is "Oh they are probably long gone."

RIP ponies.  :sad:

Aw.. I've left stuff at my Grandparents before too, but nobody touches my stuff.. Maybe yours will be found somewhere :)

No, I've always known where they are! I lost the rares in my collection for a couple of years though, that was scary. Ended up finding them in my mom's storage unit, of all places. Still don't know quite how they ended up there.

At least everything was found! :)

All my ponies were given away by my mom.

Some were lost in a move.

That is what I assume happened to my stuff. My mom says she did not get rid of them so I am really hoping I can find at least some. I don't mind buying ponies from other people but I sure like my original ones...

My childhood Wind Whistler was lost while I was still a child.  I left her behind at the mall.

I hope she had/is still having some great adventures somewhere without me.  :)

That's sad. Maybe someone found her and she is still having adventures.  ^.^

I lost all of my childhood ponies, Paradise Estate, Nursery, and the school of Dance (possibly more playsers) in a house fire when I was 14.  I had TONS of ponies (they were my favorite toy growing up).  I had them all stored in a box in the top of my closet, but the heat melted or otherwise ruined them, along with almost all my other toys and stuffed/plush animals. 

(We weren't home when the fire started.  A summer thunderstorm's stray lightning bolt hit the house while my family was all out at a baseball game.)

That's awful. My friend's mom had G1 ponies but her house was burned down too!

Not lost but given away. I did it myself. Self inflected. I was a teenager and decided I was too cool for toys. As for the dream castle and the show stable I guess they went too. The things I miss the most are my childhood Baby Surprise and Surprise.

Similar thing happened to me.. Except it was more of pressure. All my ponies were gone but two were found. My friend who gave me some of hers also happened to have two of mine I had left at her house.. We were moving and I was told we needed to get rid of stuff we didn't play with because it was unnecessary to haul such a large amount of stuff we didn't even want.. I was pressured into getting rid of them, in fact I almost got rid of all of my ponies, but I didn't let that happen. I did however, get rid of four perfectly good ponies (two being of my childhood.) What's even more sad is the one of my childhood ones was thrown in the trash because 'nobody would want it' because it had no tail! It's sad to think two of my childhood ponies were given away/thrown away because I took pressure that easily!  :(

Offline Baby Crumpet

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Never too many Tex's!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2016, 12:10:30 PM »
I managed to find all of them, except for one. I grew up on G3's, and they were all in pretty nice shape when I found them. I even found my pony playset! The one I couldn't find was a G3 so soft plush thing. It had a bottle, and combable hair. I opened it a few days before christmas, with permission, as she was the biggest present, and in my mind bigger = better at the time. When I got all my old ponies down, she was not in the box. I can't remember getting rid of her at any point, yet she's missing. I hope one day she turns up.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: Thank you to Nence and starrynights for my signature and Trinity for my avatar :glitter:
Wishlist

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2016, 12:50:05 PM »
I sold most of my childhood ponies at a garage sale.  Boy, do I regret that now!  (And it was totally my own idea . . . Can't pin it on my parents, ha ha.)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2016, 02:31:33 PM »
Similar thing happened to me.. Except it was more of pressure. All my ponies were gone but two were found. My friend who gave me some of hers also happened to have two of mine I had left at her house.. We were moving and I was told we needed to get rid of stuff we didn't play with because it was unnecessary to haul such a large amount of stuff we didn't even want.. I was pressured into getting rid of them, in fact I almost got rid of all of my ponies, but I didn't let that happen. I did however, get rid of four perfectly good ponies (two being of my childhood.) What's even more sad is the one of my childhood ones was thrown in the trash because 'nobody would want it' because it had no tail! It's sad to think two of my childhood ponies were given away/thrown away because I took pressure that easily!  :(

that is so sad. I really do hope someone rescued your ponies before it was too late. :/ I always feel the pressure when I move and I will again so. I don't want to throw out anything pony related if I caught one of family members doing that I would kick em. Also in the shuffle of moving we lost a bunch of old retro games. No idea how much they are worth but it is terrible. :(

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2016, 02:47:14 PM »
i lost one ,my child hood tiddlywinks lost in asda  i cried for about a week !

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2016, 02:52:33 PM »
I have most of the childhood ponies but there are some I remember having that are not around now. I had some Petites and a play set for them (a carousel I think?)that are long gone and there are one or two Dream Beauties unaccounted for. Not sure how we still have one but not the others. Ah well.

Offline HorsingAround

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2016, 02:56:47 PM »
My parents got rid of all of my childhood toys when I went off to college. I had over 100 MLPs and probably just as many barbies. Somehow TAF Yum Yum and one little winger survived the pony purge! I still have those two in my collection now.  :). I'm still working on recollecting all f the ponies I had as a child.
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Offline DappledHazel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2016, 03:16:27 PM »

that is so sad. I really do hope someone rescued your ponies before it was too late. :/ I always feel the pressure when I move and I will again so. I don't want to throw out anything pony related if I caught one of family members doing that I would kick em. Also in the shuffle of moving we lost a bunch of old retro games. No idea how much they are worth but it is terrible. :(

I hope someone good got them, but I doubt it. The three were given to someone and the one thrown away probably didn't make it.

That sucks to loose old stuff like games. Maybe they'll turn up somewhere or you'll find some for cheap at a garage sale. Sometimes I find reasonably priced stuff at garage sales or eBay.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2016, 06:09:50 PM »
I lost all of my childhood ponies, Paradise Estate, Nursery, and the school of Dance (possibly more playsers) in a house fire when I was 14.  I had TONS of ponies (they were my favorite toy growing up).  I had them all stored in a box in the top of my closet, but the heat melted or otherwise ruined them, along with almost all my other toys and stuffed/plush animals. 

(We weren't home when the fire started.  A summer thunderstorm's stray lightning bolt hit the house while my family was all out at a baseball game.)

That's terrible! I'm glad you guys weren't in it though. :(
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2016, 06:35:10 PM »
I did. I cleaned my grooming parlour and a couple of ponies and put them away. My mum would have given them away but she won't admit it.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Chelsea7

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2016, 06:52:20 PM »
The one single childhood pony I lost was a G2 Sundance back when I was like 8 years old. She was my absolute favorite, but is now gone  :cry:
I need to get a new one of her someday
My Tumblr

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2016, 10:40:45 PM »
Yes. When I was still little, I lost my Baby Sweet Celebrations and also a little glow in the dark yellow pony that I just loved.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal