collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Has anyone lost their childhood ponies?  (Read 3938 times)

Offline DappledHazel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Has anyone lost their childhood ponies?
« on: July 19, 2016, 04:04:25 PM »
I'm not sure if I'm the only one, but I remember when I was real young I had a lot of G3 My Little Pony. In fact, my friend had some too. She even gave me some of hers because I had lost mine. I honestly don't know what happened to them.

Offline retrogradenova

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone lost their childhood ponies?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 04:13:35 PM »
I didn't quite lose mine so much as they were thrown out without my permission. I had over 50 G1s and a complete Paradise Estate set. They were kept in my grandparents' basement so that I would always having something to play with when I went to visit for summers. Then as I got older, my cousins had children and so their children (I'm assuming since I never saw them really) would play with them. They lived a lot closer to my grandparents so they were over there more often. Life happens and now that I rediscovered my interest in ponies, I asked about where they are, and not one of my 3 cousins can answer, all they say is "Oh they are probably long gone."

RIP ponies.  :sad:
*Currently obsessed with G3 Minty and Midnight Dream*

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 04:22:32 PM »
No, I've always known where they are! I lost the rares in my collection for a couple of years though, that was scary. Ended up finding them in my mom's storage unit, of all places. Still don't know quite how they ended up there.

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 05:13:26 PM »
I have no idea what happened to my pony from when I was a kid. I assume my mom got rid of her.

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 05:24:25 PM »
I lost my childhood G1 Magic Star, Sweet Stuff and Sky Rocket...they might be at my grandparents' place, but not sure.. :huh: :(

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 06:36:13 PM »
Not my ponies, but I cannot find my Nursery playset. Mom looks at me oddly but I'd have to take everything out to f my old room just to find it at this rate which is funny since it's a small room and the Nursery is so big...  -_-
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 07:34:15 PM »
All my ponies were given away by my mom.

Some were lost in a move.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 07:45:51 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 07:44:33 PM »
I lost my favourites from my childhood herd in a move. >_<  Least I still have the rest... and I'm happy to have provided homes for the long-lost ponies of many other ppl!

I just hope that wherever my lost ponies wound up, they're with someone who loves them as much as I did. ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2016, 09:41:42 PM »
My childhood Wind Whistler was lost while I was still a child.  I left her behind at the mall.

I hope she had/is still having some great adventures somewhere without me.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2016, 11:22:34 PM »
Luckily my mom is a hoarder so she kept all my old toys including my ponies. I am missing several though. My sister lived at home until my niece was 8 so she played with all our old toys and took a lot with her when they moved out. I have gotten a few back but I'm sure she had more so who knows, my sister probably donated them. I'm hoping some more missing ones will turn up some day at my moms. Funny thing is I found 2 of my missing ponies yesterday! I was looking for something else in the basement, opened up a box and it happened to be full of my daughter's G3's. I decided to look through them since I'm trying to go through and gather all the doubles for trading and found 2 of my G1's! And even weirder is one of them is Baby Noddins and I almost bought a replacement one from ebay earlier that day and didn't. Very big coincidence. Sadly my mom threw out my Dream Castle. I'm still upset about this. It was in great shape but the one wall wasn't' with it (probably in another box somewhere) so she decided it was broken and threw it out.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2016, 11:49:48 PM »
My childhood ponies were given away without me knowing, fortunately I've managed to replace most of my old favourites by now!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Motion-Paradox

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2016, 12:19:54 AM »
I still have almost everything I've ever owned so they're in the basement somewhere, I'm not sure exactly where, but I have them

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2016, 06:56:10 AM »
I let my parents throw out my original Dream Castle when I was in high school, but it had been stored in the garage and wasn't in the best shape.  My biggest loss was when I took most of my sea ponies to a water park and they were all stolen.  Other than that, I've found most of my childhood ponies! I know the ones I haven't found are somewhere in my dad's attic, my mom would never have gotten rid of them, and I know my dad will let me know if he ever comes across them.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2016, 07:04:15 AM »
No, I have all of them except for accessories I lost over the years.  I have a very vague recollection of a baby sea pony being missing, but I don't know if that's true or not. 

OH!  And my original SS Lofty that Aadra accidentally sold in a garage sale (she got mixed in with our doubles somehow) but Aadra replaced her with a mint one and Lofty was originally my brother's anyway, so "my" Lofty is still safely in my collection. 

sunshine29102

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2016, 07:23:37 AM »
I lost all of my childhood ponies, Paradise Estate, Nursery, and the school of Dance (possibly more playsers) in a house fire when I was 14.  I had TONS of ponies (they were my favorite toy growing up).  I had them all stored in a box in the top of my closet, but the heat melted or otherwise ruined them, along with almost all my other toys and stuffed/plush animals. 

(We weren't home when the fire started.  A summer thunderstorm's stray lightning bolt hit the house while my family was all out at a baseball game.)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 07:25:21 AM by sunshine29102 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal