collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: excited to collecting again  (Read 592 times)

windwistler1984

• Trade Count: (0)
excited to collecting again
« on: July 16, 2016, 07:30:13 AM »
Hi everyone I got just started collecting again and got my first 2 g1 ponies and just was thinking will hasbro ever bring back the g1 originals and do they know how popular they are to collectors and the 25th annaversary  g1 rainbow ponies they brought out wer they as good quality toys at the original g1s I plan to collect all the 1986 movie characters and the tv special ponies  :)

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
Re: excited to collecting again
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 07:59:04 AM »
welcome back and congrats on your first g1s ^__^

I don't think they'll bring back the g1s, and even if they did, it'd never be the same thing IMHO. The re-releases are nice quality, yes, but look way different in my opinion x) :frolic:

Good luck finding the movie characters :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

windwistler1984

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 08:10:22 AM »
Thanks for your reply why did they cancel the cartoon and stop making them I mean barbie has been around forever and not changed in my opinion at all what's the hsir like on the re pros  :)

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 08:53:05 AM »
I don't know why they cancelled the show, but after that one stopped, they had the MLP Tales. My guess owuld be the viewer numbers went down with the original cartoon and/ir they wanted to focus or something new...?
Barbie has changed, too, just maybe not as dramatically as the ponies have form generation to generation. Are there actual Barbie cartoons before the 2000s ones?

The repros hair isn't as nice and soft as on regular ponies IMO. it's a but... stiffer, and the tails are a lot thinner. I'd imagine their hair would frizz up more easily than regular pony hair. Their plastic is also hard, as opposed to the soft vinyl of the 80s toys (who, in some cases, can turn quite hard over time). I have the set of collector's 6 unboxed, and I used to have the Rainbow Ponies OOB as well, and I sort of wish I'd kept them in their boxes. They look much nicer that way IMO ^^' Not dissing them or anything, but they're very different IMO from the original ponies :)

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline rosesare

• Trade Count: (+298)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 07:47:27 AM »
Welcome back to collecting! The G1's are still my fav too and I loved that they released some with the 25th anniversary.  I have the sets stashed away with my collection :)

windwistler1984

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 07:52:13 AM »
Thanks it's a shame they didn't get released in the uk and I only just found out about them do you think there will be more of the re pro g1s

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2016, 08:57:15 AM »
I remember a Barbie series from the 80's but never really watched it since I never got into Barbie.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2016, 03:28:56 PM »
Thanks it's a shame they didn't get released in the uk and I only just found out about them do you think there will be more of the re pro g1s

The only place we could get them over here was really TKMaxx...I dont recall them popping up in any other national retailers at all.

Unfortunately like everything else; style moves on. Almost everything goes through rebranding and restyling - sometimes not as obvious as we have seen with MLP but it happens.

Welcome back to collecting! What were the ponies you have added to your collection?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

windwistler1984

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2016, 05:07:05 PM »
Hi I have just started collecting and just got a stunning g pink haired windwhistler and north star I'm hoping to get the movie star 1986 characters first either moc or Un moc

I'm hoping the ponies go full circle and one day look like the g1s  :)

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2016, 08:28:25 PM »
Welcome back to collecting! :frolic: I'd love to see photos of your latest ponies - did you get the So Soft or Non So Soft versions?  (Just nosey, that's me :lol:)

I wish they would go back to G1 style ponies too!  G4s are cute, and I love my G2s and G3s, but there was just something so special and kinda magickal about G1s.  (And for me it wasn't even childhood per se - I saw my first pony when I was ten or so, and I was collecting all the way through till my early twenties, the first go-round!)

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

windwistler1984

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2016, 04:19:09 AM »
Yeah that's how I feel about the g1s too so much more magical and the other characters went so humiliated I feel like the g4s are more like modern teens and not so nigh eave as the little ponies wer if they had brought the new ponies into it in the style of g1s as iv seen in some art work I'd def want them but can't get into g4 it's too modern and the ponies are not girlie and two square in the art work and pony land is too different for me the ponies I have are non so soft and are uk ones  :)

Post Merge: July 18, 2016, 04:21:52 AM

Sorry wrong word I meant the g1s had there own world so different to our own human world and g4 s could almost be human I guess in equestrian world they did that but I think they did to keep up with monster high
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 04:21:52 AM by windwistler1984 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal