collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno  (Read 91578 times)

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Go! Come talk to me about it?
« Reply #390 on: July 28, 2016, 11:47:43 AM »
Aw. You, too? They're quite elusive. Another one has appeared on my radar now, but I haven't the slightest clue where it might be. =(

Yeah, I had the misclick when it came up next to an Eevee, they keep showing up in my radar out of reach. Oh and my coworkers informed me today there was one outside our building. App would not start. I think I'm more likely to hatch one then catch one.

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 28, 2016, 12:03:13 PM »
Well, for anyone living in SE VA who can't find Eevee, take a stroll through the Mariners Museum. Eevee city. I've evolved probably 10 of each Eeveelution. And actually the trick has always worked for me. But I always rename them their real name after using the trick, so I don't know if it's you can't have two Sparkys at once or what. Or maybe it just has a small % of the time where it doesn't work.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 28, 2016, 01:06:04 PM »
Did the nicknaming Eevee thing stop working? I evolved an Eevee named Sparky today and got a Vaporeon.

sailorstitch

Had you already evolved an Eevee with that nickname into a Jolteon before? I've read from multiple sources that it only works one time for each Eeveelution. After that, it's back to being random.

I've gotten 4 or 5 Jolteon. Almost all of them I've gotten with the nick name trick.

I've heard some speculation about that. One is, did you have another Sparky at the time. Another is, had that specific Pokemon been nicknamed something else before you switched it again to Sparky?

Yeah, one of my Jolteon still had the name Sparky. No, they weren't named anything else first.

I really wanted a Jolteon because I need a stronger one. My strongest Vaporeon is CP 1086. My one Flareon is CP 650. And my strongest Jolteon is 624. There are a lot of strong Vaporeon at gyms around here. I need a strong Jolteon to battle them.

sailorstitch

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 28, 2016, 01:10:37 PM »
Got nidoqueen today at dinner. Showed she was in the area and the bam right there.

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 28, 2016, 01:11:21 PM »
I've failed on two Jolteons (Got Vaporeons instead) using the nickname trick this week. As far as I can tell I'm following all the steps.

I did get multiple Vaporeons previously though with the nickname trick.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 28, 2016, 02:24:59 PM »
Whoa, I caught a CP817 Ivysaur while leaving work today. It was right by my car! I got it one the first try with an Ultra Ball, wooooo! That sure beats the crap out of the CP56 Bulbasaur I had, haha.

You know, I haven't tried the Eevee nickname trick past the 3 that I did (because I assumed it wouldn't work thanks to Reddit). Maybe I'll try again with Sparky for a more powerful Jolteon. It's a shame that it's consistently the weakest of the three since Vaporeon is the king of every gym it seems. :pout:
Instagram / Want List

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #396 on: July 28, 2016, 03:50:49 PM »
the name trick does work!
I am swimming in Eevees, I hate that my top 10 are like, 7/10 eevee forms :/
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #397 on: July 28, 2016, 05:03:20 PM »
The name trick seems to work when it wants to...  :pout:  It was 2 for 2 then nope then yep then two more nopes. So I'm at 3 works and 3 nopes so far.

Missed a Charmander because the app was in the middle of failing at a pokestop. I want a charmander.  :shakefist:
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 28, 2016, 06:56:48 PM »
Maybe I'll try again with Sparky for a more powerful Jolteon. It's a shame that it's consistently the weakest of the three since Vaporeon is the king of every gym it seems. :pout:

Oh, good. It's like that for everyone. I thought it was just me! Why can't they be more even in CPs?

sailorstitch

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 28, 2016, 11:22:53 PM »
Yes, it was confirmed Vaporeon will come out with the strongest CP, then Flareon, then Jolteon. My Jolteons are still quite low at level 25, even though I use over 650 CP Eevees. The Jolteons still come out like 1100. It's such crap. Meanwhile I got a 1800 Vaporeon.

I caught Ivysaur in the wild then I caught a Venusaur in the wild a few days ago. I would dieeeeeee if I would come across Blastoise or Charizard. Charmanders are so hard to get around here. Any fire Pokemon really.

Also I hatched 100 eggs now (well, 4 more since) and still no Ponyta. :pout:

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 29, 2016, 08:19:11 AM »
My GPS is still completely wack. I've discovered it's my phone - it's an LG90, which apparently has appaling GPS tracking. I may go to a tech store over the weekend to have it looked at.

In the meantime, I've hatched three eggs from the comfort of my own bed! All from the GPS going wacky and having my character run between four Pokestops three blocks away. So I guess there's a plus side to this!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 29, 2016, 09:11:09 AM »
Ugh, I was cooking breakfast when a paras showed up right next to me. I tapped on it to try and catch it but it vanished right off the map.

There are meowths, krabbys, a male nidoran and a graveler nearby.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 29, 2016, 10:55:22 AM »
I caught a Tauros at work last night! I wasted so many Pokeballs on it, though. I wasn't doing anything differently, but they'd spin off in the wrong direction. o.o I've heard of curve throws, but I'm not doing anything differently, so I don't understand why that was happening.

|My Collection|

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 29, 2016, 11:37:37 AM »
I have the same thing happen all the time too, where what should be a normal throw randomly turns into a curveball halfway through the air. My guess is it's either from something being on the screen of your phone (like, water or some kind of residue) or perhaps a fingernail that scrapes the screen in the middle of a swipe. These are just my theories, though!

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 29, 2016, 11:46:46 AM »
I caught a Tauros at work last night! I wasted so many Pokeballs on it, though. I wasn't doing anything differently, but they'd spin off in the wrong direction. o.o I've heard of curve throws, but I'm not doing anything differently, so I don't understand why that was happening.

If they are glowing when they go off the wrong way somewhere, it's not you, it's the pokemon defending itself.  The berries make it less likely, I think?

I caught apretty high level jolteon yesterday, there's a lot of eevees and eeve evolutions around here, and sandshrew, cubone, growlithes, and ponyta show up at least a few times a day, too.  :) I'm still level 20, and most of my eggs have been pokemon that there's tons of around here, it's annoying.

I'm really shocked I caught such a high level one,  most of what I catch is around 200 CP tops!
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal