collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pokémon Go! Lapras and Articuno  (Read 91570 times)

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Go! Come talk to me about it?
« Reply #180 on: July 15, 2016, 06:26:25 AM »
Just had to pop in with a little happy dance. I finally got my Vaporeon this morning during my commute to work :D

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #181 on: July 15, 2016, 07:09:44 AM »
IOS Canada is apparently getting it on July 31, so I don't have it yet. But hubby has been playing on his Google/Nexus phone. I have to admit I've never played a pokemon game, but I've been having fun just catching some on his phone, and it gets him to go for walks with me :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 15, 2016, 11:57:50 AM »
I GOT A PONYTA!! This is very exciting for me hahah and I also reached Level 8 (almost 9 and then my battery died) since I don't have to share it with my daughter this week (she's staying with her cousins until tomorrow).

My hometown newspaper reported that an idiot with an outstanding warrant went to the local police department (it's a gym), following his PokemonGO app, the police looked outside, saw him, and arrested him  :rofl: I love hearing stories like this!

On a serious note though, I have really bad social anxiety, and this app has really helped me get out of my shell--I've walked up to so many people and just started chatting about Pokemon, something I would never, ever thought I'd do in a million years. It gives me the warm fuzzies. My mom told me (while laughing at my geekiness) that she was so proud of me.  I got tips on using Lucky Eggs today from a Level 14 guy, a fellow Valor teammate helped me get a Magmar last night, and some younger teens randomly told me where to find a bunch of Staryu. I know a lot of people are making fun of us for playing this game, but I just think it's so great. I met a mom last night who has an autistic son--he hates going outside, and he actually asked to go for a walk yesterday through town, to catch Pokemon. She downloaded the game right then and was right there with him, just supporting him and making sure he didn't walk into the road. I love it!

:grouphug:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 12:46:14 PM by CoonhoundBetty »

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #183 on: July 15, 2016, 12:35:36 PM »
Today was a crazy but good day! So here is my story.

I wake up after husband gets home from his job, since I had the day off (omg I worked 8 days straight of my 10 hour shifts, thank goodnes its my day off!) husband asks me if it will rain today because it was cloudy to the west. We look at the radar and listen to the weather and they said no rain relief the rest of the week, only very hot temperatures the rest of the week like it has been. So I get dressed in my shorts, tights, Japanese Pikachu shirt, and baseball cap and grease my arms, neck, and face in layers of sunscreen. Husband gets ready too because he wants to battle a gym to reach lv 16. We walk outside to the car READY to take on the hot weather and possible sunburn on top of my sunburn and its dark dark dark and GREEN outside. Check my weather app, it says no rain and nothing on the radar. Check another app, same thing. Okay, whatever. We go to the park because lots of dratini and magikarps on the poke tracker. All of a sudden it thunders pink and purple lightning in the distance and there is this HUGE wall cloud and it starts to sprinkle. Rain % goes to 20% chance so we just walk around the jog trail and hunt for those dratini and karps. Out of nowhere......it started to rain. We RUN back to the car and wait for the storm, meanwhile people are just walking in the park playing Pokémon Go and a group of people hang out at a pokestop where a mod was. Sirens start going off, and it POURS and was lightning and thundering VERY bad. The winds were literally shaking our parked car and lightning was so severe it hurt our ears and it vibrated everything in the car! One lightning bolt even hit a tree nearby but it was soooooo bad outside it was insafe to drive so we chilled in the car and magikarp and slowpoke popped up. As it gets worse, we only had a 50% chance of rain on AccuWeather amd WU. LOL. We stayed where we were and people we say playing with us earlier were STILL outside playing Pokémon under a tree with their phones out battling a gym...idoits omg! xD We drive around a neighborhood when it starts to calm down and a ton of staryus and a squirtle appeared wooot! We found another sweet spot where FOUR eevee's spawned at once! Then we found a magikarp random in the street lol. Then my 10k egg hatched, CHANSEY! Just when I thought today wasnt going to give us anything else more....we decide to go back to the park even though it was raining, but not thundering. We grab out the umbrella and start walking around AND OMG WILD VAPOREON on the tracker!!!!!!!!! (see my instagram feed if you dont believe me!) I got my vaporeon and named him "Showers" since it was raining! I also forgot vaporeon's name is Showers in Japanese which made it even more awesome! He is my third strongest one, he is 900 something! Also I got plenty of candies to evolve an eevee and I got a jolteon! Perfect also because of the lightning and thunder outside, I named him Sparky! XD So I got a nice mix of vui's, water Pokémon, and a chansey out of today! I wonder if the weather had anything to do with all the water Pokémon and wild vaporeon or if it was a coincidence....but ive never seen a vui in the wild ever, and im at that park EVERY day for hours and usually see slowbro, dragonair, and seaking normally as the rares. Im halfway there to getting my Gyarados, its only been a week and right at 200 candies!  :sigh:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 12:41:25 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 15, 2016, 12:41:53 PM »
I GOT A PONYTA!! This is very exciting for me hahah and I also reached Level 8 (almost 9 and then my battery died) since I don't have to share it with my daughter this week (she's staying with her cousins until tomorrow).

My hometown newspaper reported that an idiot with an outstanding warrant went to the local police department (it's a gym), following his PokemonGO app, the police looked outside, so him, and arrested him  :rofl: I love hearing stories like this!

On a serious note though, I have really bad social anxiety, and this app has really helped me get out of my shell--I've walked up to so many people and just started chatting about Pokemon, something I would never, ever thought I'd do in a million years. It gives me the warm fuzzies. My mom told me (while laughing at my geekiness) that she was so proud of me.  I got tips on using Lucky Eggs today from a Level 14 guy, a fellow Valor teammate helped me get a Magmar last night, and some younger teens randomly told me where to find a bunch of Staryu. I know a lot of people are making fun of us for playing this game, but I just think it's so great. I met a mom last night who has an autistic son--he hates going outside, and he actually asked to go for a walk yesterday through town, to catch Pokemon. She downloaded the game right then and was right there with him, just supporting him and making sure he didn't walk into the road. I love it!

:grouphug:

Ah! It's so sweet to hear stories like that. I'm glad both you and that boy are benefiting in such a positive way.  ^.^

IOS Canada is apparently getting it on July 31, so I don't have it yet. But hubby has been playing on his Google/Nexus phone. I have to admit I've never played a pokemon game, but I've been having fun just catching some on his phone, and it gets him to go for walks with me :D

One of us, one of us! I hadn't heard about the release date. It's nice to finally get confirmation instead of waiting blindly (for those who are waiting), lol.

Offline dashesndots

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My facebook Art page
« Reply #185 on: July 15, 2016, 01:34:15 PM »
I finally got it to work on my tablet...but now all my free incense is gone and now there's just nothing...:P  Can only use wifi so no point in trying to take a walk...I guess I will bring it next time we go somewhere in town.

Makes me really want to go out and buy a stupid cell phone.

Offline HappyHounds

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 15, 2016, 01:46:28 PM »
Oh, I love Pokèmon Go!
It's lovely to go out, explore the town, & find Pokèmon!

I've caught a couple rares & uncommons already.
Spoiler

I also love how you can connect to a few apps that donate money to a local animal shelter, it's a lovely idea.
I haven't connected yet, but plan to.
Previously known as: PeaxhyPie

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #187 on: July 15, 2016, 01:54:30 PM »
I love that because of Pokémon Go I'm now spending an extra hour outside walking basically everyday.

I hate the haters though. Makes me so angry how some people are so judgmental and asking "well what is next?". I feel like they're forgetting Pokémon was a trend in the 90s too.

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 15, 2016, 02:20:12 PM »
As I was leaving for work this morning a Pikachu popped up under my carport! Then I had the app open while I was going to work and my 2km egg hatched. I got a stinkin' Pidgey! I already have a Pidgot, I don't need anymore Pidgey.

sailorstitch

Offline retrogradenova

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 15, 2016, 02:38:04 PM »
I know your pain sailorstitch, my 2km egg hatched and it was a weedle.

Also how is it people are getting ponyta and such? The rarest things I've gotten so far is a poliwag and a scyther.
*Currently obsessed with G3 Minty and Midnight Dream*

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 15, 2016, 04:00:47 PM »

I hate the haters though. Makes me so angry how some people are so judgmental and asking "well what is next?". I feel like they're forgetting Pokémon was a trend in the 90s too.

I am seeing a lot of haters on facebook.... I seriously want to lash out at them all. I am not good at biting my tongue. LOL

I hate when someone says you aren't manly if you play Pokemon (gender roles being involved?) or you are immature. Enjoy your life. But hey, we all collect ponies so we understand that things that are "childish" are FANTASTIC.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 15, 2016, 04:14:17 PM »
Has anyone tried this with their eevees to.get the evolution they want?? I don't have enough candies ATM :(

https://m.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4t0cpo/psa_how_to_force_your_eevee_to_evolve_into_your/

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline retrogradenova

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 15, 2016, 04:34:25 PM »
Has anyone tried this with their eevees to.get the evolution they want?? I don't have enough candies ATM :(

https://m.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4t0cpo/psa_how_to_force_your_eevee_to_evolve_into_your/

I saw that. As soon as I get enough candies I'm going to try it. Can't confirm it yet though.
*Currently obsessed with G3 Minty and Midnight Dream*

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #193 on: July 15, 2016, 05:01:35 PM »
I have some posts on that reddit thread, since I live in an eevee nest XP I call total bologna sandwhich on this. The eeveelutions you get are random, but it seems like vaporeon is pretty common to get. I tried this with so many eevees the vui's I got were 5 vaporeon and 1 jolteon. And today I caught a wild vaporeon. No Flareon even though I named some Pyro.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 05:08:25 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 15, 2016, 05:08:15 PM »
I have some posts on that reddit thread, since I live in an eevee nest XP The eeveelutions you get are random, but it seems like vaporeon is pretty common to get. I have 5 of them now and 1 jolteon, though I caugjt 1 vaporeon in the wild today.

Did you try it??

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal