collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I think I might be spoiling the cat  (Read 773 times)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I think I might be spoiling the cat
« on: June 30, 2016, 11:38:27 AM »
It occurred to me last night I might be spoiling the cat when I brought his pill pocket-wrapped medication to him while he laid on his special pillow playing his fishing game on my tablet.  I dunno, what do you guys think?  ;) 

What ways do you spoil your pets? 

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: I think I might be spoiling the cat
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 12:56:35 PM »
It occurred to me last night I might be spoiling the cat when I brought his pill pocket-wrapped medication to him while he laid on his special pillow playing his fishing game on my tablet.  I dunno, what do you guys think?  ;) 

What ways do you spoil your pets?

HAH! Fly fishing game? 

It is possible I spoil my cat.
It is possible we built a cat shelf/runway along one side of our house for my horribly territorial cat who needs her own space sometimes (according to Jackson Galaxy anyway)

And it is possible we discovered said cat is a little to fat at this point to easily jump onto said runway, so at least until we install yet more shelves allowing easier access, I have a ladder basically up on a semi-permanent basis - and then decided since the other cats keep stealing her bed (she is so territorial she will no longer sleep in it if touched by any other cat) - I rigged her a bed in a box at the top of said ladder so no other cat can get to it... (she likes climbing ladders while the other kitties- being sane, do not)

I guess a picture is probably needed at this point...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 01:02:25 PM by Galactica »

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 03:05:47 PM »
Wait.....Wait wait wait......HIS fishing game on your TABLET??? *walks out of thread in complete confusion*

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 04:25:47 PM »
Yeah my cat is spoiled.  I got him when he was a kitten and next month on the 24th he'll be 12.  The worst part for me is when I'm trying to sleep.  I prefer to lay on my side, that's where I sleep the best and almost every time I get comfortable he walks from the end of my bed up to me and tries to lay down next to me so I have to move my position to lay on my back so he can lay down.  Long sentence. >_<  I have tried to ignore him but he will walk and stand on me until I move.  He's a big cat so he walks and stands on pressure points so it's painful.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 05:43:20 PM »
Yeah my cat is spoiled.  I got him when he was a kitten and next month on the 24th he'll be 12.  The worst part for me is when I'm trying to sleep.  I prefer to lay on my side, that's where I sleep the best and almost every time I get comfortable he walks from the end of my bed up to me and tries to lay down next to me so I have to move my position to lay on my back so he can lay down.  Long sentence. >_<  I have tried to ignore him but he will walk and stand on me until I move.  He's a big cat so he walks and stands on pressure points so it's painful.

Hmmm, I had this issue for a while. My cat also liked to "make biscuits" (kneading)  on my hip which was painful.

A little advice (yes it does entail further spoiling your cat)

Get a heaty bed (bed that plugs in and stays warm) and put it on your bedside table INCHES from your face.  I did this and it has saved me so much sleep and dancing around by my overly-nightime-affectionate cat. 

It will NOT work if you put the bed across the room, or near the foot of the bed, or on the foot of the bed. It has to be near your face...

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2016, 05:56:26 PM »
My cat has his own room full of toys AND a 4 level cat tree to himself .  Does that count?  :-p  Never thought about the tablet game idea, but I see where it would be handy!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 10:50:41 PM »
Wait.....Wait wait wait......HIS fishing game on your TABLET??? *walks out of thread in complete confusion*
:lmao:

My cat and his buddy (MIL's cat) are pretty spoiled too.. They must eat their meals at specific times (before us humans) including snack time (my MIL started him on that), have daily toy time or they will sit by the toy box and whine, wait at the door around the time my husband comes home for a possible treat (they know he often brings home dessert for us, and will pout if they get nothing) and wait for my FIL to take each of them to their respective beds at night.

If we don't abide by their rules there will be hell to pay.

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2016, 11:32:40 PM »
Nevada stares at me if I don't change her water every day. She also likes to put her feet in it, play in it then stare at me like it's my fault the water is dirty.  :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Aflame

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2016, 12:47:19 PM »
i wouldn't say spoiled but the older one gets roast chicken/lamb on sundays with us humans the other cat won't eat it ,thing is he will eat the chicken sliced up in the packs  :shrug:  :blink: oh and they get dreams to :)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2016, 01:06:21 PM »
I celebrate my cats' birthdays too.  They get "junk" food: tins of the cheapest, smelliest, nastiest cat food I can find. 

I have actually sat in the same place for hours, needing to pee or do chores or something, because my elderly cat was sitting on me and purring and I didn't want to upset her by getting up. 

When Slick and his brother Fuzzy were really young and very ill, they had to have a bath nearly every day to clean their messes off of them.  When they were clean but wet I'd wrap them in a warm towel out of the dryer, put a heating pad on top, and rock them until they fell asleep. 

Post Merge: July 01, 2016, 01:08:19 PM

My cat has his own room full of toys AND a 4 level cat tree to himself .  Does that count?  :-p  Never thought about the tablet game idea, but I see where it would be handy!

Yeah, I think it's from Friskies?  It's just brightly colored fish swimming on the screen and when he touches them they stop in place and wiggle like he's holding them there.  More fish come out the longer he plays. 
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 01:08:19 PM by Skeen »

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2016, 06:33:04 PM »

Hmmm, I had this issue for a while. My cat also liked to "make biscuits" (kneading)  on my hip which was painful.

A little advice (yes it does entail further spoiling your cat)

Get a heaty bed (bed that plugs in and stays warm) and put it on your bedside table INCHES from your face.  I did this and it has saved me so much sleep and dancing around by my overly-nightime-affectionate cat. 

It will NOT work if you put the bed across the room, or near the foot of the bed, or on the foot of the bed. It has to be near your face...

A while back I bought him the kitty shack, I think it was for last Christmas. It's the cat bed that can be zipped up to make a house thing.  He's too fat for the house but I keep it out for him as a bed and it has thermal stuff inside so when he lays on it it works with his body heat and makes it warm for him.  He loves it and during the day I have it at the end of my bed and he sleeps on it all day.  At night I have it on the floor next to my bed but he doesn't use it at night, he uses my bed.  I like your idea of putting it on a table next to the bed.  The only thing I have is a bureau on both sides of my bed and one had my Monster High dolls on it, but it's empty now, because my parents are in the process of trying to sell our house and they made me put my Monster High dolls in storage until we move.  Anyway, I could put the bed on the bureau, but I don't want to encourage him to climb on my bureaus either.   :unsure:

I also wanted to add to my spoil list and also say I celebrate his birthday and Christmas.  I buy him a present.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 06:37:48 PM by Majesty »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal