collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: lostpony's new G2 herd arrives! **After-spa pics update  (Read 1802 times)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: lostpony's new G2 herd arrives! **After-spa pics update
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2016, 12:12:26 PM »
Congrats on your new ponies!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2016, 02:35:25 PM »
I only started liking G2 ponies because of all the lovely brag threads I saw about them.  No I really like them and even have a few in my herd.  Your girls are beautiful.  Thanks for sharing pics :)

Offline Chelsea7

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2016, 06:57:10 PM »
You should try the cubic zirconia in the eyes for any of the G2s that are missing gems~
That would be beautiful
!
My Tumblr

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2016, 07:25:52 PM »
I have, Chelsea7!  The Sky Skimmer with the pigtails (twintails, high ponytails) has zirconias and there are some 3 single eyes to replace (haven't done yet but will before packing them all up).  The original plastic G2 gems are so good you can't even tell the difference without direct sunlight...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 07:27:39 PM by lostpony »

Offline Chelsea7

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2016, 07:56:24 PM »
I have, Chelsea7!  The Sky Skimmer with the pigtails (twintails, high ponytails) has zirconias and there are some 3 single eyes to replace (haven't done yet but will before packing them all up).  The original plastic G2 gems are so good you can't even tell the difference without direct sunlight...
Wow, as you can see I always read the fine print  :blush:

But she looks gorgeous! I love it! I have a G2 Ivy who needs new eyes, I'm considering trying it at some point
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 02:27:41 PM by Chelsea7 »
My Tumblr

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2016, 08:35:35 PM »
Who is that large plastic Clyde looking horse? I totally need to get one of those in my life. :cool:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

lostpony

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2016, 09:17:56 PM »
Maddie it turns out that's Belle's horse Philippe!

I had to ask in a thread and members helped me ID him.
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380226.msg1557336.html#msg1557336

Pikashoes posted this image of him in package:
http://costcocouple.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Disney-Doll-and-Horse-Set-Costco-1.jpg

So he might still be findable somewhere.  Other versions of him aren't this nice. 

This one is as snuggle-able as he looks, yes a snuggleable hard plastic horse!  Good luck!

Chelsea7, it was much easier than replacing TE eyes.  Just use the tiniest bit of strong glue in the socket (very sparing, apply with a pin or toothpick in the very back of the socket so it doesn't squish out when you push in the gem) and drop in the new gem and push it firmly...I used Loctite Fabric and Vinyl Repair Cement which is very strong and flexible and seems to be holding OK.  I think my zirc is slightly bigger than the original but it's fine as a pair...might look funny on my single-eye-missing G2s but I don't want to try and pry out the original remaining eye so haven't proceeded so far.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 09:24:33 PM by lostpony »

Offline Carebearnmbr46

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2016, 12:27:40 AM »
 :redface: I know this is a site for ponies, but here goes. And I do love ponies, just so we're clear! :tellme: I'm probably one of the biggest nerds on this site!  Cause I'm not gonna ask you about your ponies, Oh NOO, I'm gonna ask you about your rocks!  :yippee: :doh: I can't help it!  I love rocks too!  :shrug: So, anyway, in some of the photos you have ponies standing on a tree stump.  Is that a real petrified tree stump?!  :blink: And in other photos you've got ponies standing on a dark green stone (that is a stone, right?). What is that?  Malachite?  Ok so, um...yeeeah! :mrgreen: Now that I stand out, I'm... gonna go!  Byee!  :bolt:
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 12:46:02 AM by Carebearnmbr46 »

lostpony

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2016, 02:21:10 AM »
Carebearnmbr46, thanks for asking!  Are you a Maud fan?

No non-pony questions allowed.  This is not a pet rock forum.  Just kidding!

The tree slice is some piece of wood, alas not petrified.  I do have some thin slices of petrified wood, so I will endeavor to pose ponies with some of those in the future...I like ponies to have a nice setting and that's a great idea, thanks!

The green rock is a chunk of broken countertop...I have three pieces and I don't know what sort of stone they are or whether they are reconstituted.  I asked my resident geologist, the Fire Chief, to have a look.

If you like big rocks in their natural setting then please lookup my brag thread in Yosemite.  I would say Really big ones but once you've been to Macchu Picchu, Yosemite's granite doesn't seem quite as big anymore.

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2016, 02:16:29 PM »
:redface: I know this is a site for ponies, but here goes. And I do love ponies, just so we're clear! :tellme: I'm probably one of the biggest nerds on this site!  Cause I'm not gonna ask you about your ponies, Oh NOO, I'm gonna ask you about your rocks!  :yippee: :doh: I can't help it!  I love rocks too!  :shrug: So, anyway, in some of the photos you have ponies standing on a tree stump.  Is that a real petrified tree stump?!  :blink: And in other photos you've got ponies standing on a dark green stone (that is a stone, right?). What is that?  Malachite?  Ok so, um...yeeeah! :mrgreen: Now that I stand out, I'm... gonna go!  Byee!  :bolt:

I love rocks, too! I have obsidian that I found in my old backyard, geodes found in the wild, and a collection of polished ones. :)

Offline Chelsea7

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2016, 02:29:22 PM »

Chelsea7, it was much easier than replacing TE eyes.  Just use the tiniest bit of strong glue in the socket (very sparing, apply with a pin or toothpick in the very back of the socket so it doesn't squish out when you push in the gem) and drop in the new gem and push it firmly...I used Loctite Fabric and Vinyl Repair Cement which is very strong and flexible and seems to be holding OK.  I think my zirc is slightly bigger than the original but it's fine as a pair...might look funny on my single-eye-missing G2s but I don't want to try and pry out the original remaining eye so haven't proceeded so far.

Good info to know, thank you! I'll keep this in mind when I do my replacements
My Tumblr

lostpony

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2016, 03:36:32 PM »
The cement I keep talking about is actually named "Loctite vinyl, fabric, and plastic flexible adhesive   transparent"

Beautiful job on the repinked Twilight btw, her symbol is so bright too!  Makes a great avi pic.

Offline Chelsea7

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2016, 05:50:59 PM »
The cement I keep talking about is actually named "Loctite vinyl, fabric, and plastic flexible adhesive   transparent"

Beautiful job on the repinked Twilight btw, her symbol is so bright too!  Makes a great avi pic.

Noted!
And thank you so much! She was a pleasure to repink!
My Tumblr

lostpony

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2016, 05:59:03 PM »
Got any tips for me?  Soon I'll be trying to repink some of my many faded ponies and everypony seems to agree that your Twilight is great results so I want to copy what you did.

Offline Chelsea7

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2016, 06:03:23 PM »
Sure! Let me send a pm so I don't clog up your thread~
My Tumblr

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal