collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any Tracfone Users here?  (Read 549 times)

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
Any Tracfone Users here?
« on: June 27, 2016, 06:16:33 AM »
Taking the plunge and changing from Virgin Mobile to Tracfone, like their minutes better and you do not need to constantly put money on to keep service.  I am actually looking to get a basic Anriod when I do (I have flip phone right now), so anyone have a Tracfone Anriod and which ones are good?  Need to keep the price of the phone between $30-50.  Thanks!
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Any Tracfone Users here?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 07:15:29 AM »
I've had one in the past. The coverage and service was fine, but what I didn't like is starting when I was down to about 25 minutes, it would constantly leave me voicemails to buy more minutes. Then, the minutes expire if you don't buy more. That was awhile back but it was enough to get me to stop using it. Have you looked into Boost?

Offline Aliyahbetd

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 07:39:54 AM »
I really liked mine for a while. I had triple minutes, and  I would buy the $100 card for  1 year service + 1200 minutes/1200texts/1200mb data (with a triple minute phone). It was great for calling and texting, and less than $10 a month! Plus HSN has the phones bundled with the 1 year cards, so I would get a new basic android phone every year for free basically. But I started using data more which burns through minutes fast, so I switched to a regular postpaid plan.

They have this samsung core tracfone bundled with the 1 year card for 89.99, so less than a card by itself :)

http://www.hsn.com/products/samsung-galaxy-core-prime-tracfone-w1200-minutes/8064467

Edit: Oh and they don't sell it in stores but you can buy a cards that just add texts or date online. It's $5 for 1000 texts or $10 for 1gb data.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 07:51:16 AM by Aliyahbetd »
Wishlist:
My Kingdom for Cranberry Muffins! :lovey:...
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,379105.0.html

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 08:49:44 AM »
I have Tracfone.  I started with a Galaxy Centura but currently have a Galaxy Ace 4 through their BYOP program.  Neither is a great phone but both do what I want, and if I want a great phone I can always use it.  I like that aspect of it! 

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 04:12:55 PM »
Not me but I wish you luck with it!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 07:31:20 AM »
Well, right now I have China Mobile but when I was home - I had straight Talk which is owned by trac phone.
Since I needed a phone that would work in the USA and China, I bought an UNLOCKED cell phone off amazon and bought a sim card from straight talk. It was a pain in the ass to do because I had to find one that would use the frequency that the USA uses and the phone also had to be able to work with the frequency that is used here in China.

I dont know about official trac phones but with straight talk you can get unlimited service for $50/month. I guess its not really unlimited - there is a limit but I never got close to it and I use a LOT of data.

Anyways, as for the phone - I have a huawei Ascend P6 and like it. I think I paid $160 fot it (which is more then I would normally ever pay for a phone) but there is an app that lets me put my itunes music to an android phone and that saved me from having to spend $300 or more for a new I pod touch.

If you decide to get a phone from Amazon, it has to be a GSM unlocked phone..I forget what that means but if its not a GSM phone, it wont work.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 09:16:28 AM »
iv used tracfone for years, I dont have a job at the moment, and i seldom ever actually use my talk minutes, I like that I can keep a little talk minutes but just keep loading up text as I need them. I can go weeks/months without putting money on my phone which I like rather than a monthly bill.

I would suggest going for any of the smart phones because most of them will triple your minutes/text/data

I recently switched to the ZTE Citrine, because I forgot my last phone was in my pocket and I went swimming xD. I actually really enjoy this phone compared to my last one. The signal on it isnt great (two bars instead of my usual 4) but im honestly wondering if its because it has a larger range? because I never actually have a problem with dropped calls or bad service xD.

Iv had SO many phones that I could give you reviews on, but Im not home. Two that I would recommend NOT getting, just because we've had a lot of problems with them...

LG 306G: I used this phone for about a year myself but then passed it onto my son.
                 Problems: =The clock will randomly jump many hours ahead or behind. problematic because it seems to always happen at night when you dont notice, so if you need to wake up and you're using your phone as an alarm clock like me, its not reliable xD, after looking up help online, I found this was a common problem with this phone.
                                              =The phone will randomly mute so you cant hear your call, but they can hear you, and  unmuting it wont work? this happened to my son a lot, and it happened to me when I tested it.

Samsung Galaxy Stardust: Not really a bad phone, it was my last one, only stopped working because it got wet. But the screen glitched a lot, would suddenly looks like bars, all I had to do to fix it was tap the power button, but if it happened while I wasnt looking, it would start to burn into the screen, and id have to keep it turned off for a while to fix it. Not sure if this was just MY phone, I never really looked into it, but I figured Id just throw it out there

Other problems with tracfone, If you run out of days and you dont add more within, like 30 days, you might loose your number and any minutes/text/data you had left on your phone

Post Merge: June 28, 2016, 09:44:50 AM

I've had one in the past. The coverage and service was fine, but what I didn't like is starting when I was down to about 25 minutes, it would constantly leave me voicemails to buy more minutes. Then, the minutes expire if you don't buy more. That was awhile back but it was enough to get me to stop using it. Have you looked into Boost?

iv never had this happen, It might be something specific to the phone you had, Iv had phones that would send texts when you get low, or phones that just notify you via notifications of some kind. Or like you said, It could just be an older service that they dont use anymore.

Post Merge: June 28, 2016, 09:50:36 AM

They have this samsung core tracfone bundled with the 1 year card for 89.99, so less than a card by itself :)

http://www.hsn.com/products/samsung-galaxy-core-prime-tracfone-w1200-minutes/8064467

Edit: Oh and they don't sell it in stores but you can buy a cards that just add texts or date online. It's $5 for 1000 texts or $10 for 1gb data.

Thats actually an incredible deal, The core prime isnt a terrible phone, if youre looking for something that does its job, which seems to be the case with most Tracfones xD Theyre not "incredible" but they get the job done. :p But that minutes bundle is a great deal.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 09:50:36 AM by True »
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal