collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I answered an Ad for $40 lot of ponies . . .  (Read 976 times)

Offline WaterRaven

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Detective Docherty
I answered an Ad for $40 lot of ponies . . .
« on: June 25, 2016, 03:20:04 PM »
And one other ad for Dream Castle and this is what happened:

The lot for $40 told us to bring boxes and bags. We did and it was absolutely so much stuff it hardly fit in our car:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My fiance and I were worried we wouldn't be able to fit Dream Castle, but it fit right on my lap. Lickity Split and a couple other ponies came with it, so I popped Dr Whooves on there with her and had a little fun while we were driving:

And now this is what our living room looks like:

Needless to say, I have a lot of stuff to sort through. I can't believe I have enough to fill a pony room b answering one ad.

There were a lot of fakies, but the lot came with G2's, G3's, and G1's, playsets, plushies, and a TON of accessories. I pulled out around 20 G1's last night and started washing them, some are the 2007 new ones, but most were real G1's. I can't believe how many ponies I have now, lol. I am not a big collector though, so I guess I'll have to start trading and selling!

Can anyone tell me, is there really any point in listing play sets? I am not big on them and happy to rehome them for a decent price. Also, do people go for plushies? I'm not big into plushies either. Thanks for looking and for any advice!

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I answered an Ad for $40 lot of ponies . . .
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 03:50:37 PM »
Score! What an awesome find. As for the playsets, if you find someone who wants one, you might be able to sell. Or a local person. Otherwise shipping is just so high.

Offline shadowlark

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 03:53:55 PM »
Wowzers!! What an awesome deal!! *jealous*  Not sure about the playsets, but I collect the G1 plushies and would love to see what you have!

Offline Blue Haired Ken Doll

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
  • Always eat your vegetables young grasshopper ♡
    • View Profile
    • My Blog ♡
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 05:28:52 PM »
Depends on the play set, some you might be better off listing as free+ ship
(ᵄ̴̶̷́ॢ ˙̮ ᵄ̴̶̷̀∗ॢ) ♡ Formerly known as Diamond Pony

Offline BethMcBeth

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.BethMcBeth.com
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 08:07:47 PM »
Thats awesome congrats!!! :D

Offline WaterRaven

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Detective Docherty
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 12:38:30 PM »
Wowzers!! What an awesome deal!! *jealous*  Not sure about the playsets, but I collect the G1 plushies and would love to see what you have!

Crazy right!!??! I have way more ponies than I know what to do with. I wish there was a local pony swap or something. I'd love to get them to homes. I think I have two G1 ponies, Cotton Canada and a baby Lickety Split. Everything else appears to be G3 and G4. I'll try to clean them up and see how they look. Cotton Candy had two massive dreadlocks for mane and tail. I got the hair untangled with a ton of conditioner and patience, but it's still pretty frayed/frizzled.

Do you know if anyone cares for the baby G3 plushies? I have quite a few in good condition that need new homes.

Thanks so much!

Depends on the play set, some you might be better off listing as free+ ship
I've got some smaller ones I might set aside, like a Ice Cream parlor and a couple other mini sets I could offer for free with just the shipping. I'd like them to go to homes where they wont get wrecked, lol. Sounds terrible, they're meant for children, but I worry they'll get stained and broken; so silly of me.

Thats awesome congrats!!! :D

*squee!* Thank you!

Score! What an awesome find. As for the playsets, if you find someone who wants one, you might be able to sell. Or a local person. Otherwise shipping is just so high.

Thank you! It is WAY too much work. LoL. We are making a run to donate some of it, so we can have our living room back lol. We're mostly donating the gigantic fakies. I have all these baby G3 ponies I don't know what to do with either. I was so excited to get a baby Spike, but when I pressed his button, he spoke french! LOL Oh Canada :) He didn't have an English switch, so I gave him to my neighbor who speaks french.

I thought shipping might be an issue. It's a shame because they all still work. I gave a bunch to my neighbor because she like MLP and has a daughter. She wont be able to play with the sets till she's older (she's turning one), but she decided to put them aside until she's old enough. I'm bound and determined to make as many pony converts as possible ;)

Offline shadowlark

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 02:11:55 PM »
Crazy right!!??! I have way more ponies than I know what to do with. I wish there was a local pony swap or something. I'd love to get them to homes. I think I have two G1 ponies, Cotton Canada and a baby Lickety Split. Everything else appears to be G3 and G4. I'll try to clean them up and see how they look. Cotton Candy had two massive dreadlocks for mane and tail. I got the hair untangled with a ton of conditioner and patience, but it's still pretty frayed/frizzled.

Do you know if anyone cares for the baby G3 plushies? I have quite a few in good condition that need new homes.

I already have Cotton Candy but would definitely be interested in Baby Lickety Split! If you could figure out how much shipping to Edmonton would be we can work something out :)

I don't know anyone who collects Baby G3 plushies but I'm sure someone does. Maybe make a sales post when you've gone through everything?

Offline Carebearnmbr46

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2016, 03:37:16 PM »
Congrats on your awesome haul!  You should post pictures on the for sale and for trade forums. I'm sure lots of people would be interested!   ^.^

Niwalime

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2016, 03:52:44 PM »
Wow that is an amazing score! Hope all is well sorting it through :) You definitely found alot of nice Ponies!
I would definitely be interested in Baby G3's but unfortunately I live halfway around the globe. However I think you should post about all the ponies you dont wanna keep in the trade/selling forum here ^^ Cheers and congrats again!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2016, 09:18:39 PM »
That's amazing!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2016, 12:12:29 PM »
Congrats. I love Dream Castle.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 11:07:30 PM »
This is such an awesome haul/pick up!!!  Looks like you had lots of fun bringing them home too.

There is always something somebody wants :)  Good luck with your continuing spa day!

Offline Meadowhaven

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • I love Blossom!
    • View Profile
    • Meadowhaven
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 11:11:59 PM »
Wow, what a nice score!  Especially for only $40!

I collect plushies!  However, the only one I'm still missing right now is a large G3 Fluttershy.  If she was in that pile somewhere, let me know!  :D
I'm an artist collecting Blossom merch and unique customs! Occasionally selling ponies and other geekiness at https://www.mercari.com/u/330010669/

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2016, 07:13:51 PM »
Congrats!

Offline Pierlala

• Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2016, 01:51:47 PM »
Wow, omg I just wanna dive in there and start going crazy :D

Congrats!
My wish list: Click here!.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal