collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Logo? Rebranding on the way?  (Read 635 times)

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
New Logo? Rebranding on the way?
« on: June 24, 2016, 06:00:16 AM »
So I was looking at Hasbro's presentation for the Jefferies Consumer Conference. At one time they showed a slide of all their lines. Well... notice anything?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So as you can all see the current logo has been replaced by this one. It looks like the one of the movie which as been announced last week.

Now it can be that they just changed the logo because of the upcoming movie but it misses "The Movie" Part  and all the glitterszzzz which could indicate that the My Little Pony Line will get a rebrand eventually next year. Or like I said before It could be just for the movie as well. I'm kinda curious. What do you guys think?

« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 06:39:34 AM by TornadoTwist »

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
Re: New Logo? Rebranding on the way?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 06:30:11 AM »
EDIT: Ehm... why has this been removed to FiM? It's more about the MLP Line in general and not just the movie as this could also relate to perhaps Generation 4.5/5  ^^;

It wasn't. You must've posted it here from the start. All moves are automatically recorded in our logs, and there are none from this morning, and no staff have been online in the time this has been posted.

I will move it out to the main PC now.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 06:32:04 AM »
Oh, that is weird! I thought it was just for the movie, but when it's on the slide as well... Maybe they're trying to widen the audience by not being overwhelmingly pink, or it could simply be an oversight.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 06:35:34 AM »
They want something similar to the movie logo to be on all their MLP products to make the mental connection (and resulting sales) as strong as possible.  :) 

Also, their 2015 Toy Fair presentation mentioned that 30% of the kids watching MLP FIM were boys.  So I imagine they are trying to make the logo a little less pink so that boys--told from birth that they will instantly drop dead if they ever touch something pink--will be more interested in buying the toys as well as watching the show.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 06:41:26 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal