collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone Got Ideas For Lore Whilst I'm Still In Concept Stage?  (Read 792 times)

Offline Toilandtrouble123

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • Hubble bubble, Toil and trouble!
    • View Profile
Next month I'm going to start creating some custom flutter ponies, which I think I'm going to call the Storm Furies.  I'm envisioning they'll have dragonfly wings instead of the original-esque repro's, as they won't be as pastel-coloured and pretty as their flower-named sisters, and I think the dark veins throughout the wings will offset their colours better. 

Their names shall be Tempest, Thunderhead, Twister, Cloudburst, and Mistral.  They shall have cutie marks symbolising the powers of the elements that coin their names, in colours the likes of mid hues of green, blue and purple.  I'm getting the vibe that they'll be having quite the no-nonsense attitude as that of Honeysuckle, although not as bolshy.

I would like to think that their Utter Flutter is stronger than the others, hence their names, and are more aloof than the usual Flutter Pony, preferring to chase storms.  But I'm stuck on how to explain their existence in my Ponyland - anyone got any ideas?

Cheers xx

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
Re: Anyone Got Ideas For Lore Whilst I'm Still In Concept Stage?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 04:15:41 PM »
they sound amazing!
I've seen storm flutters before, but yours definitely sound unique, and I love the names and attitudes, and dragonfly wings. I agree that they should be stronger
kinda like the Mountain Boys...here's their backstory http://heckyeahponyscans.tumblr.com/post/31967082488

you could think up a cool villain, who uses a thick miasma that makes ponies and animals sick and the plants die, and only these flutters could get rid of it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 04:22:47 PM »
Every so often a flutter pony of great power is born. They are more connected to overall meteorological events than they are to flora and fauna magically and as such have a much harder time controlling the effects of their power so are set off together as travelers. They live freely and happily outside of Flutter Valley, wandering between the far flung and little known flutter pony enclaves and stopping to visit rarely when not called upon.

They help to keep the order of Nature in balance. Occasionally they are asked to work in concert with special ponies like the Mountain Boys but are mostly unknown by the general pony populace unless encountered accidentally.  :P
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

• View Profile
Re: Anyone Got Ideas For Lore Whilst I\\\'m Still In Concept Stage?
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 04:28:42 PM »
Thanks archidraca & Roogna  ^_^ re-reading the Mountain Boys has given me an idea or two about the Storm Furies patch of Flutter Valley.

Since being so ill recently, I also came up with the Fortune Tellers (each pony has a different method of divination), the Sky Searchers (I love astronomy, and I think along with the Sparkle and Glow n Show ponies, there's still room for another set of night sky ponies!) and the Night Guardians (nocturnal unicorns who keep watch over the Baby Ponies in Lullaby Nursery as they sleep, and they all have powers to dispel even the worst nightmare).

Can't wait to start creating them!! :D

Post Merge: June 20, 2016, 04:29:44 PM

Every so often a flutter pony of great power is born. They are more connected to overall meteorological events than they are to flora and fauna magically and as such have a much harder time controlling the effects of their power so are set off together as travelers. They live freely and happily outside of Flutter Valley, wandering between the far flung and little known flutter pony enclaves and stopping to visit rarely when not called upon.

They help to keep the order of Nature in balance. Occasionally they are asked to work in concert with special ponies like the Mountain Boys but are mostly unknown by the general pony populace unless encountered accidentally.  :P

Loving this :)

Post Merge: June 21, 2016, 12:51:16 PM

Okay, so embellishing on what I have been graciously given so far, here goes:

Every so often, a flutter pony of great power is born.  They are more connected to the elements than they are to flore and fauna magically, and as such have a much harder time controlling their awesome power.  So they set off together as travellers.  Storm Furies live freely and happily outside of Flutter Valley, wandering between the far flung and little known Flutter enclaves.

They help keep the order of Nature in balance.  Occasionally, they are asked to help the efforts of other special ponies, like the Mountain Boy ponies, but are otherwise mostly unknown to the general populace of Ponyland.

Whilst remaining fiercely loyal to Queen Rosedust, they endeavour to protect anyone from forces of great evil.  The Storm Furies strength of character and resolve is a testament to their trials and tribulations whilst on the wing, an attitude and approach to life which cultivated them into the battle maidens of the Flutter Ponies.  To other Flutter Ponies who are resident in their home valley, the Storm Furies can sometimes seem cool and aloof, but their outer countenance belies a strong love for their fellow ponies.

Whilst other ponies may run for shelter in the face of the wild elements, the rest of the Flutter Ponies take heart in knowing their courageous sisters are out there, somewhere, always looking out for them.

TA-DAAAA! :D
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 12:51:16 PM by Toilandtrouble123 »

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2016, 11:32:00 AM »
What do people think of my lore for my custom additional Rainbow ponies, I've thought of?  I have Sunsilk, a pastel yellow earth pony who is always happy, no matter what the weather; Swiftly, a bright blue pegasus, she is one of the fastest flyers and one day hopes to challenge Whizzer to a friendly race.  She is highly competitive and at times can be rather impatient; Heat Shimmer, a hot pink earth pony whose favourite days are when the Sun is beating down hotly, giving her the perfect excuse to play in the Waterful with her friends; and lastly Daydreamer, a pastel peach unicorn who loves to pass the days letting her mind wander as she gazes at the reflections of the clouds in the eddies of the stream.  Her unicorn power is to lull anyone into a light sleep.

Here's the lore I've come up with for them:

As the other Rainbow Ponies were on their way to join the other little ponies on a seaside holiday, Starflower was feeling a little sorry for herself because she was feeling unwell.  Feeling lonely and having the sniffles, she decided to visit the Moochick for a remedy and winked out.  Starflower winked in outside the Moochick’s cottage.  Feeling dizzy and weak from such a simple magical task as winking out, she gathered her senses, and called out to the Moochick.  “Hello, hello! Is that Starflower? Oh why, yes it is! Hello, hello! How are you my dear? Aren’t you supposed to be on holiday with the others? Come sit, come sit!”  Starflower sneezed again, then let the Moochick usher her inside the cottage.  “Thankyou Mr Moochick, yes everyone else has gone to the beach, but I seem to have caught a cold, and I feel quite unwell, and I feel just so lonely on my own at Paradise Estate.  I was wondering if you had a tea for help me feel a little better?”  The Moochick got up from his chair and started to rummage around his jars and pots, “Yes, I think I can make something up in a jiffy.  Habbit! Where’s the, the, oh what is it called? The dried pink flowers I got from the Grundles during the last Harvest Moon? The echinacea! Where is it Habbit?!”

After about ten minutes of scrambling about and boiling up some herbs, Starflower was given a steamy mug of tea, which she sipped and instantly felt her sniffles start to dissipate.  As she finished her tea, she lamented to the Moochick and Habbit how lonely she was feeling since the other ponies had gone to the seaside.  The Moochick had a gleam in his eye and told her that she herself had the key to resolving her loneliness, reminded her that now she was better, her magic would be returning to its original strength.  He looked outside and beckoned Starflower over to the window and pointed out the milky ring around the moon whilst handing her a quartz crystal point.  “Ah, now my dear, tonight is a special night indeed.  When a moon halo appears, all unicorn’s powers are amplified until sunrise.  Place this crystal in the ground at the foot of the Waterfall, and make a wish.  Your usual wishing powers will be multiplied.  Go my dear, make your own happiness.”

At the Moochick’s advice, Starflower winked to the Waterfall, and did as he instructed her to do so.  She wished hard for her loneliness to be alleviated.  A wondrous moonbow suddenly appeared, and down it from the velvety darkness of the night sky, came four ponies who Starflower did not recognise.  They all had rainbow hair like her own, and a peachy unicorn greeted her.  “Thankyou for calling us home.  We have been wondering the ethereal pathways for such a long time, we could not remember the way home.  Ponyland has changed much since we were last here.  You are the first other pony we have met in a very long time, may we know your name, and may we ask where the little ponies call home now in Dream Valley?”  Starflower was glad at having met four new friends, and proceeded to lead them to Paradise Estate, brimming with excitement.

What do people think?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal