collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Pony It's the home stretch  (Read 10529 times)

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
Re: Healthy Pony 3 months working...see you in september
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2016, 01:18:40 PM »
Raspberry brûlée you did great with dealing with travel and being healthy. It is hard.

I did a small list and got some things done, but head ache has stopped me.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2016, 02:59:20 PM »
I have been feeling so down that I've not managed to get much done - just about maintaining things though.  I last spoke to me ex on Monday night so I'm still in the worst stages.  I'm trying to be hopeful that I can get going again soon and not sink into a worse mental state.  I'm working on things around my home but struggling to concentrate on growing any career stuff or on doing computer work.  It's a setback, but I'll keep updating.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2016, 06:59:34 PM »
Well I got some stuff ticked off my list, not everything I was hoping for (list was a bit ambitious LOL).
Got my store banner finished, photographed, framed & hung up, and business cards ordered. :) Yay!
Did some pony organizing - room doesn't really look any different or any further unpacked since it was mostly moving around the ponies already in there, but it's coming along.
More will get done next weekend!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2016, 06:44:56 AM »
I've managed to get out and walk for anywhere between a half hour and an hour and a half every day since Thursday, which is a huge improvement for me. I'm thinking about taking today off from any long walks, just to give my legs a day to recover, but if I do I plan to focus on strengthening my arms with weight lifting. Oh, and yesterday I spent the day with my mom running some errands and we ended up at one of those frozen yogurt places. I managed to pass on the yogurt/ice cream and got just a little sorbet instead, which I -think- was the better option lol (it was too hot to completely say no to everything XD )

@Raspberry Brulee - I hope that you had a good time at the fair! That is one heck of a drive to make though, I'm sure. I know that snacks and meals when on the road can be hard to manage, but it sounds like you had no problem :D Also congrats on finding a running buddy. It is so much nicer to go out for runs and walks when you have someone with you.

@Artemesia Floc - Sorry to hear you feeling out of it *many hugs* I read this online somewhere once, but when you are feeling down or finding it hard to get motivated, don't focus on a list of things to do, like 'I need to get up and go make lunch and then wash the dishes' because it can be super overwhelming. Instead, kick the 'need' out of the way and focus just on the first step ('I'm going to get up'). Then start thinking about the next step, but only the very next step. (I hope I explained that well) I know for me, it helps get me going because it feels like I'm accomplishing way more because I'm meeting more tiny goals along the way.

@Kiwi - I have done that very thing before, where I get to the end of a day and look at my list of things to do and go 'maaayybe I over planned' lol. It sounds like you got a lot done though for your store. And pony rooms are so funny that way! I can work in my own all day, organizing and shuffling things around as I decide on how I want to set things up and store things, and like clock work the end of the first day looks like I haven't done anything at all lol. But when I get everything just the way I want it, it always comes out looking great, so I'm sure that once you've finished it will look amazing :D

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline retrogradenova

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2016, 11:18:05 AM »
So Week 1 is done! I've decided to kinda go by weeks since most of my goals are more a weekly than daily thing. Hope no one minds that. Or are we supposed to be checking in daily?

I've  had a really up and down sort of week, mostly up though. I was able to get my sleep cycle fixed really quickly which was nice. I was even able to keep it on track after my friend insisted on watching movies until really late at night one night. I haven't restocked my fridge yet, but I've been limiting the fast food. And I've stopped having any soda, though that wasn't really on my list, it's a nice side result of having my sleep cycle fixed. Once downside to the week, I've been getting headaches nearly every day. I'm not sure why, it's bee a really long time since I've had headaches in such frequency. It might be time for a trip to the optometrist.

In terms of my goals in art this week, I did get a sketch done each day this week for a total of 6 and they all turned out pretty good. A few of them I ended up working on for more than the allotted hour because I couldn't stop and leave them in an unfinished state. I'm a bit of a perfectionist so this is hard for me. I really need to get my speed up so I'm going to work towards completing sketches in under an hour the best I can. I didn't get a pony done this week like I wanted due to unforseen complications, but I set myself a two week deadline so technically I won't be behind on her until next week. I was just trying to push myself.

Because I really want to work on my productivity. My weight side goal of losing 20lbs isn't the biggest priority to me. Honestly I figure some of that will come from just being more active during the day away from the computer and feeling more confident in myself and my artwork. But just in case it doesn't, my friend talked me into trying Pokemon Go and I'm using that as motivation to get out of the house and walk more. Over the weekend I walk 2.3 miles. With South Carolina's summer weather I feel like that is a little bit of accomplishment as normally I only like to go for walks in the winter months.  I weighed myself on Tuesday to find I'm at an appalling 374.4 lbs. I'm really hoping to see it start to go down. Today though my legs are screaming at me from all that walking (It's a good scream :D ) so I'm going to focus on building some upper body muscle.

I feel like I'm forgetting something, but I can't remember what it is.
*Currently obsessed with G3 Minty and Midnight Dream*

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2016, 05:51:14 PM »
@Kitkumi thank you i will try that!  Sorbet can be really nice especially when it's hot. 

I managed to clear a load more stuff out of my parent's house.  In fact soon the box room will be clear and they can turn it into a bathroom, which is what they've wanted to do for about five years  :blush:  I also picked up a big bin liner full of clothes from their loft and put it away in my wardrobe, cleaned my kitchen, did the laundry and went shopping.  So a quite normal level of daily activity, surprisingly.

Trouble is there is now an extra box of clutter at my house and I'm panicking because I have no more storage space.  Oh dear.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 05:55:15 PM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2016, 06:20:22 PM »
Arte: I am in a similar boat....just feeling depressed and unmotivated. Normally ponies make feel better but they haven't for a while. I do know a good cry or scream sometimes helps.

Kitkumi: thanks for some good advice. Good job on choosing a better option. Saying no is hard but going healthy can be end harder.

Retrogradenove: you post how ever much you want. More does not mean better or more votes. I am looking at content of what is posted. Short walks can be just as good as long ones. Great job with the drawing. Even if you plan 6 and only do 2. Making the 2 to your expectations is way better then 6 pictures that does not have your flare. I make myself play piano for 15 a day. I also map out what I need to practice. Some days I am having fun and I put in more time. Others I make it to the 15 and call it good.

As for me....sigh. Tonight planned to spend with the hubby. We have been having conflict in schedules lately. He was supposed to have the night off but a while back he promised to pick up a shift so he now works tonight. Just missing the hubby. My lists are doing good. One item on my list was not to have coffee at work. I have been clean since we started. I did get lucky as our coffee machine is broke. My new goal is no extras. I tend to spend money on junk food. I could buy ponies but no it tends to be junk food. Today was not good...so day 1 starts tomorrow. On a positive is I had 8 items on my list and I will get 7 done. The lists are helping. I need to practice more piano but I hate having people hear me. Just got to get crafty with my time.

Everyone is really doing great.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2016, 12:23:34 PM »
Yikes sorry for not replying so fast. :( I've been kinda busy these days, Im honestly not feeling a 100% though, quite getting depressed as I'm scared I wont achieve anything, I still have to design some of my OC's but I feel like it's just not worth it. Of course this isn't true but yeah... I will clean my room tommorow some more and next Monday I'm off to Austria for some days with my parents and BF. l Hopefully I can get some rest and fun. :) I've been looking forward it since last year. XD

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2016, 07:40:10 PM »
Way to go Tornado Tist on travel...I love to travel:) I am with you on depression. It's been hard for me for the last week or two. I just can't shake. I have found energy in doing something fun. I have been wanting to organize my knitting projects and now that I have started I found some more patterns to work on. Not 100% better but found some joy for moments.

CHALLENGE!! I am throwing in a challenge! You can gain FIVE VOTES!

Here is the challenge. You have to so something for 7 days in a row. It can be anything. Posting here, or walking 100 steps, not having something for a week, anything.

For attempting the challenge you get 3 votes.

For reaching the challenge you get 5 votes!

For example. You gave up candy for 7 days, and on day 3 you snuck a piece, you have to start over. The challenge ends at the end of healthy pony so you get to try as much as it takes!

To sign up you post your challenge. It's no fun to cheat, so you post truthfully. You can post a slip up if you like. You will also need to post when you reached the challenge:)

My challenge: I am giving up junk food and paying for anything extra. So no pony buying, no getting unhealthy food, or random item I think I need. I want to spend no money, nor eat junk food for 7 days.

Wish me luck.

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2016, 12:32:01 AM »
I got a job interview for next Friday... But i feel like crap.  Need to get my act together.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2016, 05:33:10 PM »
Get positive. You got the interview that means they saw something they like

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2016, 09:34:41 PM »
My challenge: I am going to get work done on at least one piece of jewelry a day for my etsy store for the week (I'm not aiming to get a piece completely done in a day, it's just not possible, but at least get through one stage of the work a day. So either prep-work, cutting, cleaning, painting, or wrapping).

Had a pretty rough off week this week. Things started decent, but then I had to house-sit for my parents four days in a row while they had roof work done, so I didn't get anything for my self accomplished, and was snacking way more frequently because a) i was bored to tears and didn't even realize I was doing it, and b) they have snack food in their kitchen lol. Couple that with some news regarding family, and these last two days I haven't hardly even gotten out of bed :/ I'm going to aim for Saturday to be a 'refresh' day, and see if I can't get back on track by Monday. I'll also start my challenge on Monday, so I can set out at the start of the week.

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2016, 06:50:03 PM »
Get positive. You got the interview that means they saw something they like

Thank you. Yeah I'm really well qualified its just my mood/mental health that sucks. Im working on it, will update.

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2016, 02:43:17 AM »
Unfortunately I cannot do a challenge for the upcoming days as I'm away. :P This friday I went to the beach with my dad and we walked about 12 kilometers. And yesterday Pokémon Go was released and this morning I walked a total of 5 kilometers already with my BF. :D

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2016, 02:50:35 PM »
Just a reminder with the challenge. You start when you want to start it. You just have to do something for 7 days in a row. This is hope that we can make a habit out of something. You have until healthy pony is over to try and complete it:)

Kitkumi: I really want to see your jewelry. It sounds so pretty. I hear you on board eating. I got into knitting and that has helped. I try and have something to do to keep me distracted. It took a long time but I started to drink a cup of water before I checked on what snack I wanted. It sometimes took away the desire or I would grab a cracker verses the king size candy bar.

TornadoTwist: way to go on the walking. I have a friend who loves Pokemon Go! She is doing more out door activities with it. So good for you:)

Arte: I know your mental state can be hard. I fight with mine too. Before I would go to interviews I would write down good things about me. "I am smart, I did good on my resume, I work very hard, I did good on my make-up, etc" so I would read before my interview over and over again. I would keep the positive vibe with me through the interview.

I left my daily planner at work so I did not do great with my list over the weekend. My depression is not improving. I know mostly the cause. My husband and I hold opposite schedules and I miss him. He comes home late and I do not sleep well without him and so my lack of sleep is getting the best of me. My job is hell. I am looking, but it is not as easy. I have only been at my job for 30 days and each week I have been seriously been yelled at for some mistake. I fear each day is my last. It is very hostile environment. I just wish I could find something that matched the pay and benefits. I just keep trying to do my best. I have had to unravel a knitting project for the 3rd time...I am a perfectionist. I do eventually want to sell my projects.

On a good note the lists have been helping me keep motivation and get more done with my knitting projects.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal