collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Pony It's the home stretch  (Read 10499 times)

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy Pony Sign up July 5.
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2016, 05:01:54 AM »
I'm going to be a bit slow on replies the next few days, my father ended up in ER last night and they are keeping him for observation. He seems to be doing fine just had a partial blockage in the small intestine which that can easily turn fatal if not kept an eye on. At his age no hospital would think about letting him leave elderly can be stubborn.  ^.^  I'm hoping he'll be out by Thursday but really who knows.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2016, 05:40:01 AM »
Sending good vibes and prayers for you and your family. I know how hard it can be. Being healthy is also knowing what priorities should come first. Last day to sign up.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2016, 09:15:47 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that, sending lots of good wishes  :(
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 09:17:40 AM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline aquamarinemolly

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ig @aquamarinemolly
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2016, 04:01:56 PM »
1. Name: Raspberry Brulee

2. After 3 months you want to be where?
I lost about 15 pounds last spring summer, and have kept it off, but plateaued and am still struggling to lose the last 10. I'm very proud that I've made healthy sustainable lifestyle changes, and I want to continue that method- changing my thoughts in order to change my behaviors.

3. What is your plan?
-reintegrate strength training in a way that I enjoy
-sing up to run a 10k
-learn some new recipes for preparing healthy (not boring) meals
ISO UK variant Glow in The Dark mane Princess Sapphire, and complete jewelry babies :cool:

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2016, 04:10:37 PM »
so should join this.
The Sign Up.
1. Name:
rosierjay

2. After 3 months you want to be where:
reduce clutter. see all the corners of my living space
get a little money in to pay credit card.

3. What is your plan?
sell, clean, and donate....
my stuff, and the stuff i told others i'd help them sell.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 06:31:44 PM by rosierjay »

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2016, 11:48:36 PM »
I have successfully completed designs for approximately 60% of the maps I need for the game demo.

I had strawberries, two bananas and a sliced cucumber this week.

I have spoken to my bf about the mail issue and he is willing to help if it is not resolved.

I am still taking my pills, drinking lots of water, and eating yogurt every day.

My hips have been sore, however, which is making getting around a bit of a pain.

Swap Wishlist

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2016, 04:24:32 AM »
Anyone have tips for waking up and getting out of bed?

I usually wake up before my alarm clock but just lay there with my eyes closed. It is really hard to convince myself to get up at 5am... but if I did, I could utilize the time...
I just... can't do it for some reason.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline JazzMatazz

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2016, 05:05:31 AM »

I usually wake up before my alarm clock but just lay there with my eyes closed. It is really hard to convince myself to get up at 5am... but if I did, I could utilize the time...
  When I have trouble getting up I put the alarm on the other side of the room
My Wishlist  Instagram

Offline retrogradenova

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2016, 06:35:46 AM »

I gotta agree, that tactic used to work really well for me when I was in college. Putting it on a desk or dresser to where you have to actually get up to go hit the snooze button really starts to get you moving. It can also help to set the alarm really loud to where you just can't ignore it. That's what I do now. My husband sleeps through the alarm daily so if I don't wake up first and nudge him to hit the alarm I end up with a migraine after 15 minutes. If you have thin walls, a really loud alarm clock and social obligations to not wake the neighbors/roommate/children/what have you can be a good motivator. :) 
*Currently obsessed with G3 Minty and Midnight Dream*

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2016, 07:15:40 AM »
I feel like I'm off to a good start this week. I meant to start my new routine and check in last week, but the start of the week I felt just good enough to leave my bed in favor for laying on the couch all day for the first three days (felt sick as a dog; not a fun time lol), and then the last half of the week I was out of town playing at the Pokemon National Tournament (so I'm glad I felt horrible at the start of the week rather than the last half!)

Yesterday I woke up at nine, which was a little later than I meant to (was aiming for 8am), but it was a late night on Monday spending time with friends, since it was a holiday. I limited my morning internet time to only an hour, then started on morning exercises. I chose to do stair climbing, so I ran our staircase about fifteen to twenty times and stopped when my legs started to shake lol. Breakfast was a yogurt, and I limited my snacking down to only two items throughout the day, which was a big improvement (a snack size bag of popcorn and a pack of peanut butter crackers). Dinner was homemade tacos, and I only had two. I did cheat and have a left over waffle that was hanging out in the fridge before bed, but I think that is because my stomach is no where near on board with the new limited food choices yet.

I also chose to weigh myself on the scale yesterday, something I have never done when I'm trying to be healthy because it is typically so much of a punch in the gut. But I decided this time, I don't want to just go along THINKING I'm doing good, I want to KNOW. So that if something isn't working, I can change things up. Right now, I weigh 234lbs (first time I've posted THAT on the internet XD ). It was both a painful, and pleasant number, because the last time I had my weight taken I was up about ten pounds. So I feel much more encouraged that weight loss is possible if I just find a routine for me and stick with it.

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2016, 07:43:04 AM »

I gotta agree, that tactic used to work really well for me when I was in college. Putting it on a desk or dresser to where you have to actually get up to go hit the snooze button really starts to get you moving. It can also help to set the alarm really loud to where you just can't ignore it. That's what I do now. My husband sleeps through the alarm daily so if I don't wake up first and nudge him to hit the alarm I end up with a migraine after 15 minutes. If you have thin walls, a really loud alarm clock and social obligations to not wake the neighbors/roommate/children/what have you can be a good motivator. :) 

I wake up before my alarm (15-30 min before) so that doesn't help.  I can't convince myself to get out of bed before it goes off (which I turn off 2 min before it goes off because I hate the noise). I'm up , I just can't get out of bed... if I went to the other side of the room to turn it off early-- I risk sleeping in.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 07:46:13 AM by banditpony »

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2016, 10:56:58 AM »
If you are naturally waking up too early and want to use that time, take a cue from your body and set the alarm for when you are physically waking up. That said, many people like having a few minutes to lay and think before moving.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2016, 01:47:36 PM »
I feel like I'm off to a good start this week. I meant to start my new routine and check in last week, but the start of the week I felt just good enough to leave my bed in favor for laying on the couch all day for the first three days (felt sick as a dog; not a fun time lol), and then the last half of the week I was out of town playing at the Pokemon National Tournament (so I'm glad I felt horrible at the start of the week rather than the last half!)

Yesterday I woke up at nine, which was a little later than I meant to (was aiming for 8am), but it was a late night on Monday spending time with friends, since it was a holiday. I limited my morning internet time to only an hour, then started on morning exercises. I chose to do stair climbing, so I ran our staircase about fifteen to twenty times and stopped when my legs started to shake lol. Breakfast was a yogurt, and I limited my snacking down to only two items throughout the day, which was a big improvement (a snack size bag of popcorn and a pack of peanut butter crackers). Dinner was homemade tacos, and I only had two. I did cheat and have a left over waffle that was hanging out in the fridge before bed, but I think that is because my stomach is no where near on board with the new limited food choices yet.

I also chose to weigh myself on the scale yesterday, something I have never done when I'm trying to be healthy because it is typically so much of a punch in the gut. But I decided this time, I don't want to just go along THINKING I'm doing good, I want to KNOW. So that if something isn't working, I can change things up. Right now, I weigh 234lbs (first time I've posted THAT on the internet XD ). It was both a painful, and pleasant number, because the last time I had my weight taken I was up about ten pounds. So I feel much more encouraged that weight loss is possible if I just find a routine for me and stick with it.

This sounds really positive.  Strict diets don't work for me, but I've learned a few important things.  Firstly, don't be afraid of saturated fats as long as they are from unprocessed sources like bacon, butter and full fat cream.   I've given up processed fat and sugar.  I've even given up yoghurt because I find that I can eat cream with everything.  I don't eat sweets or soda or eat biscuits or packet foods because they contain processed fats and sugars, but I make my own biscuits and cakes occaisionally. I also eat butter and olive oil instead of spreads.  I hope this helps!  I also replace meat with vegetarian meals many times a week and eat fruit because it seems to keep my digestion healthier.  So it's more of a lifestyle change and I'm quite happy being a 'food snob' and framing it that way.  I even cut out instant coffee because it's 'processed'. I also replaced snacks with protein shakes for a while that just contain dairy protein, sucralose sweetener and strawberry flavouring but I'm off those for a few days.  They fill you up without making you put on weight. Exercise tones me up and tightens my skin after the weight loss so it makes me feel more confident about my body.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 01:49:18 PM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2016, 02:22:21 PM »
If you are naturally waking up too early and want to use that time, take a cue from your body and set the alarm for when you are physically waking up. That said, many people like having a few minutes to lay and think before moving.

:) That's the weird thing. If I change my alarm,  my body will figure it out and adjust within a day. I'll "sleep in" if I set it to 6:30 on the weekend... I'd rather not set my alarm any earlier though. 5:30 am is too early as it is ><. It's just if I wake up at 5:00 I know there is a 90% chance I won't go back to sleep. So it seems like a waste to just lay there (but feels so nice ^^)... I just have no motivation. ;_;

Offline JazzMatazz

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2016, 04:23:48 PM »
Got my dad back at home today :) now I can have a big sigh of relief because I would have been commuting everyday of pony fair and hour and 40 each way to feed the kitties. I haven't been walking like I planned but I've been up and about more than usual since double the chores more to do. To be fair eventually it will all be my responsibility so I should be able to do it now.
My Wishlist  Instagram

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal