collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Pony It's the home stretch  (Read 10500 times)

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
Re: Healthy Pony 3 months working...see you in september
« Reply #120 on: August 07, 2016, 07:42:35 AM »
Everyone is doing so great with their challenges and goals! Wonderful work everyone :D I'm enjoying this thread because I can leave myself "to do's", and then can't lose the papers LOL so I can actually see what I wanted to get done and how I'm doing. So far I'm on track!

Pony Room: still coming bit by bit. Have a couple things I want to get for the window to let in more light. Right now I have a curtain panel, but it makes the room so dark (and it's hard to open/close). I'm going to get some of that textured window cling-on film to filter the light and block UV rays, but still let in some light. And then I'm going to hang up my bead curtain. My room is going to look like a "reverse Kiwi" - purple walls with bright green curtain.

Challenge: I did it! A full week with something store related each day (even if it was just 1/2 hour of stitching). One day we were out shopping all day and I thought it would be a bust, but I found some stationary to use for tracking listings, orders, etc, so I'm counting it as a win. Plus it's a Harry Potter set, and that's the theme of my craft/pony room. :)

Store: I DID IT! The store launched on Aug 1, with a whole two items, but it's still live and getting views (just over 100 views in under a week). Check it out: www.kraftsbykruger.etsy.com . I also have a Facebook page (www.facebook.com/kraftsbykruger), Twitter (www.twitter.com/kraftsbykruger), and Pinterest (www.pinterest.com/kraftsbykruger), if anyone wants to follow along on those. Got a ever-changing list of "next projects" so there will be more listings going up every so often - probably once a week or so, depending on each item.

Some business related pics:
Spoiler
Store banner (it's framed and hanging in my craft room now - can also be used as a table display if I ever did a craft show)
And small store icon
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Business cards

Then I also made a couple business card holders - a small pocket one (holds 15 cards) and a larger table standing one.

And in other news, got my Hogwarts Express (2.0) finished and shipped off for the Desert Bus craft-a-long. It'll be auctioned off in November during their annual Desert Bus charity marathon. Curious to see how that goes!
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 07, 2016, 07:11:55 PM »
Today I made some progress on cleaning up my parents' basement. My childhood kitty let mice in due to not killing them. And let's just say the basement never got fully cleaned after the mice were taken care of. Ick. So I've been going through a lot of that for them, finding childhood toys to clean up and sell or donate.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #122 on: August 08, 2016, 08:54:02 PM »
Way to go Kiwi!! Those are some neat projects. I will be lurking your site and Facebook. I am looking to do etsy too. I will see how it's all done:)

So sorry JazzMatazz...icky mice. Each step is a moment closer.

I tried to put my items in order of importance....it made me unmotivated. I am now going to try to put a percentage for the day. I started small so I could work towards a higher percent. So far I am up to 25% when I needed to only do 20%. This might work.

On a fun note. May area has a huge fair/yard sale. I made a great friend with one of the vendors who always has all kinds of toys. Well she knows I am a collector and found a tote box for me. I can pick it up Labor Day.....why is this so awesome. Well there is a prize for the healthy pony round.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 10, 2016, 02:58:25 AM »
Cleaning up my room goes absolutely great. We noticed I had a space that was literally empty so we managed to store a lot! Also found some childhood toys so I'm glad those are still around. Im also preparing for the flee market this Sunday.

I still snack a lot less then I did before, almost nothing. But when I played pokemon Go last Friday with my BF some brats called me fat and all... But they are the kind of kids that cause problems anyway. Guess more motivation know to lose wait...

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #124 on: August 12, 2016, 05:31:42 PM »
One hate how some kids just plan rude. They get no good lessons from their adults. Sigh. Even adults are bad.

As of Aug 9 was my 60th day of work. As of Aug 11 I have been fired. I did not learn a task fast enough or have confidence....it really hurts. I was in a hostile environment and did what I could to keep learning. I was hired through an employment agency. No one at this job told I was not doing good enough. I got home from a long day of work and I got the call. The agency heard my side of the story, but there was not much anyone could do. This is the second time I have been fired in my life. The first job, I made a huge mistake and i understood that. This one just felt like they didn't want to pay for me to be there. I just feel very defeated and so worried. My husband is in a worse job then me and now he feels he will have to stay because I do not have a job....sigh. To make things worse is the girl that I had been giving rides to(we became close as friends) treated the situation as my farewell and I would not hang out with me after this. I know this post is more for what's your problem...but I just want the pony peeps who have been with me as I get healthy.

I love doing healthy pony because it makes me happy to see people succeed in their goals...and if I can be an inspiration for them when they are down...I feel my life has purpose.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #125 on: August 14, 2016, 01:58:22 PM »
Didn't get either of those jobs, had a week off back to applying tomorrow.  Really sorry to hear about your situation, Crowning Glory. I find it impossible to do my best in a hostile atmosphere, I wouldn't take it personally.  They sound horrible and no-one should have to put up with that kind of attitude from an employer although sadly many of us do.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2016, 01:10:42 AM »
@TornadoTwist - Congrats on finding some of your old childhood toys. Speaking from experience, that can be such a great feeling and experience, especially if you didn't know they were there or were still around. Also glad to hear that room cleaning is going well. I am sorry to hear that you had to deal with some brats while playing Pokemon Go. I've seen a lot of people talking about being targeted just because they enjoy going around playing, and kids typically go straight for the name calling, so I hope you didn't let that get you down. *hugs*

@Crowning_Glory13- I'm sorry to hear that you lost your job, but I am so glad to hear that you are out of a hostile work environment *many pony hugs* I can say, from personal experience, that working too long in a hostile work environment can really do a lot of damage. And even though it sucks to be unemployed, it is so much better than being stuck somewhere like that. I hope that you can find something else soon, so that stress and pressure isn't hanging over your head, but until then just remind yourself that -they- had the problem, not you. Because from the time frame of how long you worked there, it really does sound like they let you go just to avoid something (especially since no one said anything to you. That isn't normal in a work environment)

As for my check in, bleehhhhhhh..... lol. Things were going really great; we went out of town for four days and managed to eat pretty healthy (we packed fruits and protein bars so we weren't living off vending machines and fast food, like we had in the past). Lots of walking around too, about fourteen to sixteen hours a day of almost constant walking, though unfortunately very little sleep. Then the day after we got back we were hit with con plague, and I have done practically nothing but sleep for an entire week >_> And I have eaten more ice cream in the last five days than I have in the last six months. Most of the time it didn't even taste good, it just was the only thing that didn't kill my throat, so it wasn't even enjoyable to eat! XD So yeah; illness sent my efforts spiraling off the rails. I'm feeling better though, so as soon as I kick the cough that's settled in I plan to get back to a normal routine.

As for the new challenge, I'll aim to start up sometime this week, though it may be closer to the end of the week. I'll stay focused on my jewelry for now, and for a new way of completing my goal I'll try to sketch out my designs ahead of time, instead of just winging it, so that I can come up with some new wire patterns and designs.

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 15, 2016, 10:48:58 AM »
Blegh Im really nervous now when Playing Pokemon Go and I come across those groups of little brats.  :( I think the fact that I get quickly paranoid also doesnt help.
Well on the bright side, the market was a lot of fun, I managed to wash all the ponies I wanted to sell and I sold quite a lot of them. :) I also got not too many things for myself but quite some interesting ones.

Oh and here are some pic of my room before I started cleaning up...  :lookround: Spoiler for large images. After pics will be shown when finished. ;)
Spoiler

Also I want to start a challenge that starts tomorrow. I will eat nothing besides my main meals and drink only drinks with low calories. This is with the exception of this weekend as I have two birthdays. It's also to speed up the recovery of my mouth as my last wisdom teeth will be removed tommorow. So I will do this challenge until Friday 26th of August with the exception of the upcoming weekend. :)

As for the others, keep it all up! Im sure we can all do it together.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #128 on: August 15, 2016, 07:31:12 PM »
We are half way there! Keep it up everyone:)

Ok here is a way to gain some votes...make a post! Hahaha no really where has everyone gone? But yes any post after mine gets 1 vote from now to th end. This is the home stretch and we need communication.

Sorry I have been away...I have been in a dark place this week and all ias posting was not nice things about myself. I have a bit more work to go to get myself back in order. The getting fired and getting rejection letter left and right, I was feeling very defeated and useless. I still am, so more work. I am now using stars for motivation. I am also giving myself a reward for so many stars collected. I even wrote down things I wanted so I can use them as rewards. Still fighting my extras addiction.

kiwi: how is etsy going? I am going to formulate some questions because I want to start etsy for my knitting.

Just to let all of you know. I keep doing healthy pony every 3 months. It's different each round. Gives everyone variety. So if you want to continue it will still be here. I know it keeps me going when I am at my darkest.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 04:31:22 PM by Crowning_Glory13 »

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2016, 04:31:36 PM »
Ok get posting

Offline retrogradenova

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy Pony halfway keep posting
« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2016, 06:10:12 PM »
Sorry! I've been super busy trying to get stuff done for the pony meet i'm going to at the end of Sept. I'll try to get time to post tomorrow, maybe with some work in progress pics of my stuff! :)
*Currently obsessed with G3 Minty and Midnight Dream*

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #131 on: August 20, 2016, 02:22:29 PM »
I think we've all hit a lull. :) I've been offline more this week because I was on vacation from work, so we were out during the day more, and just spending time with my hubby.

Etsy is going slow, I just put up my third listing today. Think I'll do some small items for a bit now, to fill up the shop more. Plus all the Walmarts in the area are all out of the large sheets of canvas (which is scaring me a little, I hope they restock...Michaels doesn't carry the big sheets, and the only other store is another town over). No sales yet, but I've been getting some views which is good. It takes a lot of self-promoting and patience.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #132 on: August 21, 2016, 04:07:00 PM »
I finally did something I have been meaning to do...I made a salad over Ramon noodles. I may have no job still, but I was still lazy on making something healthy. Ramon noodles are a comfort food to me. They are not the best...so I made the salad with different veggies and it was good. I did add some breaded chicken but a small amount...yeah!

I have an interview on Tuesday...it has made me so much better. It is hard when I was getting rejection after reject with no interview. So here is hoping. I am still applying but now I feel more confident to go for the higher jobs.

I have to figure out what can bring mt out of a funk...something I can control.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 22, 2016, 06:08:09 PM »
:( I've been sick...
Not exercising but still eating mostly healthy.

A local Italian store that my family had been going to forever (75 years) is closing. They have a special sandwich on the yummiest homemade bun that can't find anywhere else. :'( I am going to try to make the trip to get it one last time.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 23, 2016, 10:05:12 AM »
I've been kind of quiet, spent the last 2 days outside having a yard sale, got rid of some of my bigger things that I had put off listing online because shipping is evil. And now I get to catch up on mowing and paperwork!
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal