collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Picky little ponies  (Read 2349 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Picky little ponies
« on: June 16, 2016, 05:38:16 PM »
Did anyone else get annoyed at the ponies for not jumping at the first house the Moochick offered them after Dream Castle was submerged in Smooze?   Hello ponies, you have not gone to a realtor to shop for a new house.  You are HOMELESS and someone is offering you a new home, for free.  Not the time to be looking down your nose at the places because you want to live in the manner to which you have become accustomed.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Picky little ponies
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 06:55:53 PM »
I need to re-watch the movie. I can't remember the homes the Moochick showed them.

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 07:30:24 PM »
i vaguely remember the houses they were offered too. those silly ponies couldn't look a "gift horse" in the mouth.  :P couldn't help put a pun there.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 07:56:21 PM »
Well, Wind Whistler does try to tell the Moochick that Dream Castle was special.  So, certain homes just don't measure up.
That said, I totally would've gone for the Taj Mahal.  And didn't he offer them a villa in Capri?  Both way better than Paradise Estate, IMHO. 

For that matter, I'm not certain why he didn't offer them another castle.  It was very clear what they were looking for.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 08:10:24 PM »
Lol I just watched it a few weeks ago and yeah I thought it was interesting they were so picky.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 07:10:10 AM »
This didn't matter as much as Wind Whistler saying Dream Castle is really special... just to give it away at the end of the movie after it was made useable again.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline millenium0chi

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 07:19:14 AM »
The first house didn't have enough closet space... :nope:
Be a Blessing
Looking for my childhood loves:
Princess Tiffany, Mimic, Twinkler, Surf Rider (baby sea pony), Majesty, Megan and Sundance, Cotton Candy

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 07:46:14 AM »
When I was a kid I was mad they didn't move back into the Dream Castle when it was freed. It's a castle!  And the estate needed repairs a few episodes into MLP and Friends, anyway.

Elf

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 09:34:53 AM »
This didn't matter as much as Wind Whistler saying Dream Castle is really special... just to give it away at the end of the movie after it was made useable again.

The snooty headshake Magic Star gives when she says "The bushwoolies can have it, WE have Paradise Estate now" made me dislike her cartoon version forever.

Here's what the Moochick offered:

- a villa in Capri
-  the Hippodrome
-  a pyramid
-  a teepee
-  an igloo
-  a bamboo treehouse - this one looked awesome, like something out of Swiss Family Robinson, they should totally have gone for it.
-  a shoe (like the nursery rhyme)
-  the Taj Mahal
-  the Ritz Hotel
-  Versailles - a literal palace, again why would you pass that up?
-  the Astrodome
-  futuristic chrome space station - this one would have been amazing.

See, I could have understood them rejecting the igloo or the shoe if that was the first thing he offered.  But the first thing he offered was the villa and the Hippodrome.  Those would certainly be an improvement over what they had at the moment, i.e. the cold hard ground.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 10:34:02 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 09:52:10 AM »
All I can actually remember of that movie was Fizzy fighting off the evil trees... but seriously, who would be so fussy and entitled as to turn down someone offering a roof over their head?! Talk about confused priorities! (But then reality checking candy-coloured ponies is probably a bit of a wild goose chase anyway.) XD

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2016, 09:57:52 AM »
I agree. However, my first reaction was to bust up laughing. Thank you for making my morning.  :lol:

Offline millenium0chi

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2016, 10:33:14 AM »
Y'all are forgetting one very important thing!  Those other houses wouldn't have been easily turned into toys!  That was, after all, the only reason the cartoon existed.  LoL
Be a Blessing
Looking for my childhood loves:
Princess Tiffany, Mimic, Twinkler, Surf Rider (baby sea pony), Majesty, Megan and Sundance, Cotton Candy

Offline Purpleglasses

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 10:46:50 AM »
Y'all are forgetting one very important thing!  Those other houses wouldn't have been easily turned into toys!  That was, after all, the only reason the cartoon existed.  LoL

Exactly! He had to keep on suggesting ideas till he got to the one Hasbro had actually produced.

But yeah, even as a toy the Paradise Estate seemed kind of meh to me. Magical ponies live in a condo? Naw.

Offline Deep Purple Crystal

• Dazzle Surprise
  • "Jewels! Jewels in your eyes!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2016, 12:16:41 AM »
Really, Hasbro should have just reissued a bigger, more detailed Dream Castle - it keeps more in the line of 'fantasy world' (magical coloured horses in a high fantasy setting really should not live in a house) and maybe then the resolution of Dream Castle's plight in the movie wouldn't have seemed so ridiculous. Maybe have the Moochick conjure up a bigger and better version of Dream Castle instead of Paradise Estate - that would actually warrant Magic Star giving away the original Dream Castle to the Grundles - it's like saying "We, a large family of fifteen, are going to give our mansion away to five homeless wanderers to move into our new apartment". Perfectly logical, huh?

Thanks to LordBlumiere and Corona for the amazing Masquerade and Baby Sugarcake in my sig!

Offline Lore-Lei

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2016, 04:24:24 AM »

The snooty headshake Magic Star gives when she says "The bushwoolies can have it, WE have Paradise Estate now" made me dislike her cartoon version forever.

Here's what the Moochick offered:

- a villa in Capri
-  the Hippodrome
-  a pyramid
-  a teepee
-  an igloo
-  a bamboo treehouse - this one looked awesome, like something out of Swiss Family Robinson, they should totally have gone for it.
-  a shoe (like the nursery rhyme)
-  the Taj Mahal
-  the Ritz Hotel
-  Versailles - a literal palace, again why would you pass that up?
-  the Astrodome
-  futuristic chrome space station - this one would have been amazing.

See, I could have understood them rejecting the igloo or the shoe if that was the first thing he offered.  But the first thing he offered was the villa and the Hippodrome.  Those would certainly be an improvement over what they had at the moment, i.e. the cold hard ground.
I've been to Versailles, with a couple thousand gallons of pink paint it could've been turned into a perfect Dream Castle Mk-2.  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal