collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hello I'm Amberthest/ Ponythest  (Read 404 times)

amberthest

• Trade Count: (0)
Hello I'm Amberthest/ Ponythest
« on: June 14, 2016, 01:15:36 PM »
I am an 18 year old pony collector living in Tennessee, USA. I'm starting college this fall and my major is biology. I would love to be an artist doing science related art. I am an artist who loves drawing, painting, sculpting, everything art related!
I got my first pony when I was somewhere around kindergarten age. It was Tinka-Tinka-Too; my mom got her for me when I was sick and I named her Blue Bell. As a child, I only ever got about 10 ponies, including a few from McDonald's, but they were by far one of my favorite toys. Although my room would always be a mess, My Little Ponies were always kept perfect in a box when I wasn't playing with them. When I got to middle school, I gave all my ponies to my little sister.
I started collecting some time in 2014-15 after I was convinced to watch Friendship is Magic. I fell in love with the characters and the design. To be honest, before I watched the show, I hated how g4's looked. Now I love them very much :3 My sister gave me back all of my old ponies (I let her keep the playsets and such for her g4s).
Since then, I've gotten most of my ponies from friends and the support I've gotten in collecting has been amazing. I found the pony/toy collecting community on Instagram (@ponythest) and I feel right at home with other collectors. I love hearing about why other people collect.
The main reasons I collect are that looking at them makes me happy and I love to take care of/restore them. I have my ponies displayed on a shelf by my door so I can always see them and they always put a smile on my face.
I collect all gens; although I don't have any g2 yet.
I hope to make some collector friends here and am interested in buying/selling/trading.

My childhood ponies: https://www.instagram.com/p/3ibiyIlby7/?taken-by=ponythest

Thank you for reading!

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Hello I'm Amberthest/ Ponythest
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 10:27:07 PM »
Welcome to the Arena  :newpony:

I love your display cube!!!  Ponies do bring that joy and nostalgia to the forefront when you look at them :) 

And like you, when I first saw the G4's I was horrified with their appearance... then I watched the show and the first opinion is completely forgotten! 

amberthest

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 07:40:03 PM »
Thank you!  :hope:

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 07:09:17 AM »
Welcome to the arena :)

amberthest

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 10:45:00 AM »

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 08:36:26 AM »
Hi, Amberthest! Welcome to the Arena!

That's sweet of you to share your ponies with your sister, I'm glad she kept them to return to you later. I like your G3 display, the still have their accessories too, wow! Enjoy the forums!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Lore-Lei

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 09:25:08 AM »
Welcome to the forums. Hope you'll be having fun.

lostpony

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2016, 04:58:04 AM »
Hi and welcome to the arena!

I love your story of giving your ponies to your sister and she gave them back to you.  From your picture, they have been well cared for always and well loved still and that is wonderful.

I didn't know ponies growing up, from the 80s commercials I thought they were weird then last year I strangely got hooked on G4 and couldn't get my hands on enough toys especially plushes then I came here and discovered G1 is wonderful and I can't get enough of them, fell in love with G3s too and thanks to a gift from a friend I made here I just got a box of 9 G2s Wow!  Oh they are all so great...

I especially like beat-up ponies that need help and have gotten lots of advice here about how to fix them up.  There are lots of collectors here to make friends with and buy, sell, and trade with.  Some of the trades made here are so well thought out and heartwarming!  You will love it.  And your art skills are always valued here.

I hope you have a great time.  Happy ponying! 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal