collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SDCC Pony 2016  (Read 33252 times)

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC Pony 2016
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2016, 05:30:35 PM »
I also think people are being unfair when they say that this exclusive is a failure, because failure implies you tried.

[mic drop]
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2016, 05:34:32 PM »
I also think people are being unfair when they say that this exclusive is a failure, because failure implies you tried.

Okay, but for real, this is the truth.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 05:37:56 PM by Rainbowrific Renia »
Instagram / Want List

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2016, 05:41:16 PM »
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARF!   :X    :X   :X

Everyone should just abandon them at the registration desk when they pick up their package and BITTERLY complain to Fair Staff.  Really, if some RE-RELEASE OF A NON-PONY toy is the MLP Fair exclusive, the Fair Staff should have just told Hasbro, "No thanks, we'll hand out bookmarks or something." 

Why can't Hasbro see the obvious?  Just make a Styling Pony sized G1 and we'll go crazy falling all over each other trying to buy it.  Trying to have us justify the price/value of some TV show character toy does NOT make it a collectible that anyone wants to own, or spend money on! 

I think it would be extremely unfair to take it out on the Fair organizers.  They work really hard to have a good relationship to Hasbro.  It's clear that Hasbro is not taking collectors in to consideration right now.  Making a stink is not going to make Hasbro sit up and take notice.  It's more likely that Hasbro will simply decide to save all the exclusives for SDCC and the Fair won't get anything at all.  And If the Fair burns it's bridges with Hasbro now what will happen when they release something collectors actually like?

I'm not saying that we all should buy something we don't like.  Just that it isn't the Fair's fault if we don't like it.

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2016, 05:43:44 PM »
Although I like this set and will be getting this instead of buying the GoH Discord.....I don't see these selling too well. xD Hopefully Hasbro will actually learn from their sales and go back to wondering why the muffin pony sold sooooo well and give us something similar.

Also I wouldn't complain to the Fair staff about the exclusive...they don't have any say in what becomes the SDCC exclusive, we are actually lucky Hasbro is willing to sell their product at the Fair so pony fans have early access to it. My suggestion is dont buy the Fair package with the exclusive pony if you don't want to be that dissappointed when the exclusive is revealed, or just sell the exclusive online if you don't like it.

I think the most important thing to do if you don't like a company's product is to simply not buy it. It makes a big impact! 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 05:58:17 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline BerylBreeze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2016, 05:55:59 PM »
Wow.

Why not make the stained glass window part of the base? Or what if they were "crystal" so they would look neat under the light up base? Will they at least paint on Discord's eye bags or tilt Fluttershy's eyes correctly?
It feels more like a "get it early" thing rather than a convention exclusive.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2016, 06:03:59 PM »
I just had someone on Hasbro's MLP facebook reply to me and tell me that it's for children, not you.....

because I posted this:I don't like it, sorry. I want ponies to be pretty, beautiful and elegant. Discord is not something I'm interested in as a 30+ year MLP collector.

Apparently I can't share my opinion with hasbro and I have to sheep up with fans and love it. Well I'm not sheepin' up.

An SDCC exclusive is directed at adult collectors, not just children. So it's not just 'for the children'

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #96 on: June 29, 2016, 06:12:24 PM »
Well glad I won't be getting this year's exclusive... I'm not a huge fan of discord in general (I pretty much got rid of the mystery minis discords I had because I just don't really like the character very much or his design.. at least the way he was done for Funkos)

This is actually laziness and I'm wondering how this represents MLP... Discord and Fluttershy have been fan ships since he first appeared pretty much and I do think that is what they are trying to do here.. Appease the fans who are wanting more 'FlutterCord' or something...
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline BethMcBeth

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.BethMcBeth.com
« Reply #97 on: June 29, 2016, 06:41:52 PM »
OMG-  I didn't realize it was the exact same figure that will be released at TRU! (except they added EYES?)  And a crappy jointed Flutter who is also a recycled toy ????

What a rip-off!

And the light up base just looks like a recycled DJ Pon base-  seriously????  WOW

Okay, I take it back.  This is definitely the absolutely worst pony exclusive EVER. WAY worse than DJpon.

BWHAHAAHA!!! LOL!!! Maybe they will go on sale so badly that I can afford one!!!!!  :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
Only because Discord's chairs reminds me of Gaston's Chair!!!!

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/290/19273948199_7def4b0cd7_o.gif
Ya know because he uses antlers in all of his decorating!!! LOL!!!!!! :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline sparkykandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 29, 2016, 06:49:32 PM »
What have been the sales for the past few exclusives? 

I wonder if they do badly enough, Hasbro will go back to having brushables.  Or maybe not.
Admin of a Cheritz fan forum.

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 29, 2016, 06:56:51 PM »
 :facepalm: Every time I think I can't like an exclusive any less, Hasbro outdoes themselves. And I'm one of the very few who likes their Vinyl Scratch.

Darn it, Hasbro. I want to be excited about exclusive ponies again and you're making it reeeeeallly difficult on me. Making it easy on my wallet though.

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 29, 2016, 07:11:23 PM »
 :pout:  BOOOOOOO! Really, Hasbro??? Last year's exclusive was so fun and creative too.... I mean, I want to like this..... I really, really do. But Fluttershy looks funny... her head looks squashed! Why is her nose so long???? And her neck is scary..... she's got a chunky neck. It just looks super disproportionate..... and is it just me, or does her hair look like its part is too far over?? She looks BALD on the left side! I'm so darn confused, but everything about her from the shoulder up looks bizarre as all get-out....

And then there's Discord.... The figure looks amazing, I will say that. But he's STATIC. Heck, can he even come out of his chair??? I mean, Discord is CHAOS. He's constantly in motion. I get that his pose is sort of trying to convey movement, but it failed immensely to do so. He looks very still.... It's not fun. Also, his foot is wrong. Discord has the leg of a GOAT, not a horse..... he's got a cloven hoof. It's shown very clearly when the Mane Six turn him to stone again; his "toes" are splayed out as he panics that they've succeeded. The split in his hoof is plain, showing both nails of the goat hoof spread quite wide. In the statue.... they've given him a horse hoof. I suppose they forgot their own cannon, since in the show he's pigeon toed and so only the side of his feet are shown at any time... rarely showing the cleft. That bugs me... if the rest of the statue is going to be so accurate, why screw up his foot?? It's super annoying..... he's got a pony leg instead of a goat leg now!! Which is wrong! But I most hate that it's not articulated!!! Fluttershy bends ten ways to Sunday... but DISCORD, the most wiggly, bendy, twisty, out of control motion character.... can't even bend his arm. WTF? If you're gonna keep him a solid piece, make sure the other component is too! Otherwise, it just highlights how disappointing his lack of articulation is.
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 29, 2016, 07:17:31 PM »
So if I wait a little while I can get an almost identical figure for half the price........ WTH Hasbro?!

I like Discord and I like the sculpt. But if open eyes are that important to me I can take some of my paints and "open" his eyes myself.

I loved :muffin: Pony. She was the last fair exclusive I sought out on my own. I really didn't think Hasbro could of done worse than DJ. But, they proved me wrong.

Oh well, I can save my money towards the Mattel Monster High exclusives.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #102 on: June 29, 2016, 07:20:09 PM »
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARF!   :X    :X   :X

Everyone should just abandon them at the registration desk when they pick up their package and BITTERLY complain to Fair Staff.  Really, if some RE-RELEASE OF A NON-PONY toy is the MLP Fair exclusive, the Fair Staff should have just told Hasbro, "No thanks, we'll hand out bookmarks or something." 

Why can't Hasbro see the obvious?  Just make a Styling Pony sized G1 and we'll go crazy falling all over each other trying to buy it.  Trying to have us justify the price/value of some TV show character toy does NOT make it a collectible that anyone wants to own, or spend money on! 

I think it would be extremely unfair to take it out on the Fair organizers.

I agree.  It's not the fault of the Fair staff, who probably don't know much in advance what the exclusive will be and who certainly don't have any influence over Hasbro. 

And if they ever say "no thanks" to the exclusive, who's to say they would ever get an exclusive again?   The Fair is not a huge money-making event for Hasbro, it's something they do because the MLP community worked hard to develop a relationship with them BEFORE G4 rocketed MLP into the realm of "nerd pop culture."
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 29, 2016, 07:29:09 PM »
I know I'm in the 1%, but for me it's the most exciting release since muffins.  I mean, that's not saying much.  I miss the 'art' ponies so much.  The whole KFC thing made me cringe so hard last year that Chicken Pie was the first exclusive I haven't bought since discovering them.

I can totally see people's point about it being a rerelease, but since I didn't know that GoH discord was coming, I don't already have him, and I love the packaging, I'm excited.

That said, if anyone is going to the fair and doesn't want theirs, I'll buy it off you.

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 29, 2016, 07:44:36 PM »
Money saved. Again. Cry.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal