collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SDCC Pony 2016  (Read 33372 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: SDCC Pony 2016
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2016, 03:10:43 PM »
Guardians of Harmony Discord has already been found "in the wild" in the Philippines, so he's definitely being released.  GoH Discord is slightly different in that his eyes are painted as though they're shut.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2016, 03:14:31 PM »
OMG-  I didn't realize it was the exact same figure that will be released at TRU! (except they added EYES?)  And a crappy jointed Flutter who is also a recycled toy ????

What a rip-off!

And the light up base just looks like a recycled DJ Pon base-  seriously????  WOW

Okay, I take it back.  This is definitely the absolutely worst pony exclusive EVER. WAY worse than DJpon.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2016, 03:21:45 PM »
Not only that, but if you take the figures out to display them on your shelf, then Discord isn't going to look like he's looking at Fluttershy. Just look at the promo image on the white background.  He's staring off somewhere above her head.  And the light up base is just . . . weird and unnecessary?  Is it supposed to look like something?

A+ on box, F on laziness.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2016, 03:27:43 PM »
Not only that, but if you take the figures out to display them on your shelf, then Discord isn't going to look like he's looking at Fluttershy. Just look at the promo image on the white background.  He's staring off somewhere above her head.  And the light up base is just . . . weird and unnecessary?  Is it supposed to look like something?

A+ on box, F on laziness.

I will bet you large sums of ponies that the base is leftover from the DJPon exclusive production-  and is identical.  They are throwing it in to boost the price.  The "Guardians of Harmony" IDENTICAL FIGURE is probably going to be in the $19-$25 range.

I am truly shocked at how lazy this year's exclusive was.  Basically, you are getting an exclusive box and the privilege of paying $25 extra. Now THERE'S a deal. 

Offline PinkieShyPony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2016, 03:32:53 PM »
I have to say that he looks really cool but I would not have spent the extra money to get this with my fair ticket if I had known. That could have been actual pony money. Oh well. He will still look cool on my shelf.

Offline Cassie85

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2016, 03:53:09 PM »
I think the last food exclusive they had was Muffin pony. I jumped on getting her the second she was released on the hasbro store. I've looked forward to seeing what the exclusive is every year since, but have passed on each of them. They need to hire a new creative team....
3ds 4613-8386-9357
AC Town Galifrey

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2016, 04:06:12 PM »
I have always felt criticisms of G4 exclusives have been harsh, but I can't imagine any criticism of this being too harsh. I am a bit heart broken that this is what I paid money for: a box and different eyes. Exclusive packaging does not equal an exclusive pony figure.
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2016, 04:21:24 PM »
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARF!   :X    :X   :X

Everyone should just abandon them at the registration desk when they pick up their package and BITTERLY complain to Fair Staff.  Really, if some RE-RELEASE OF A NON-PONY toy is the MLP Fair exclusive, the Fair Staff should have just told Hasbro, "No thanks, we'll hand out bookmarks or something." 

Why can't Hasbro see the obvious?  Just make a Styling Pony sized G1 and we'll go crazy falling all over each other trying to buy it.  Trying to have us justify the price/value of some TV show character toy does NOT make it a collectible that anyone wants to own, or spend money on! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2016, 04:28:10 PM »
I'm actually probably in the 2% of people who LOVE this exclusive!!!! I love the art on the box and I love the Discord drinking tea! Sure the is the same figure as the GoH figure, but I like one better instead. Sad its not a brushable of course, sad its not a pony, but I like it! I like this one more than the mane-iac mayhem set, which I still don't wish to own. Not worth $50, but its not another $14 released fashion pony in an alternate costume or another one of those bedazzled brony ponies . Anyone going to the Pony Fair that doesn't want their fluttershy/discord please let me know, I can take one off your hands!

EDIT- So yay, no equestria girls this year!? x3

ALSO anyone going to SSDC, keep me in mind because I need help obtaining that Yokai Watch exclusive at the Hasbro Booth! (diamond jibanyan with the 5 coins) Its going to sell out fast online!  :blush:
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 04:54:23 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2016, 04:30:54 PM »
I don't even have a problem with it being discord, because while not being a pony i love him and he is a pretty popular character, but the re-release of something we will be able to get normally later... no thanks.And no a light up base that was stolen from vinyl scratch (i can't call her dj pon3 sorry), it's even more no.Hasbro, just learn logic please.

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2016, 04:44:12 PM »

Why can't Hasbro see the obvious?  Just make a Styling Pony sized G1 and we'll go crazy falling all over each other trying to buy it.  Trying to have us justify the price/value of some TV show character toy does NOT make it a collectible that anyone wants to own, or spend money on!

I wouldn't buy an oversized g1, especially not for $50.

Honestly, if they'd just make a character we haven't gotten yet! There's so many!
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2016, 04:50:26 PM »
I jumped on getting her the second she was released on the hasbro store. I've looked forward to seeing what the exclusive is every year since, but have passed on each of them. They need to hire a new creative team....

Same here. Muffins was the last SDCC exclusive I got, and none of the others have tempted me since. Mane-iac was kinda cute, but all the rest of them... really, a regular Pinkie Pie with an exclusive 'outfit'? That's worth the exclusive price? And this time they didn't even go that far...
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2016, 04:54:21 PM »
I have always felt criticisms of G4 exclusives have been harsh, but I can't imagine any criticism of this being too harsh. I am a bit heart broken that this is what I paid money for: a box and different eyes. Exclusive packaging does not equal an exclusive pony figure.

I feel the same way. I feel like G4 in general gets a lot of negativity thrown at it and that people are overly critical of the toys, but this is one of the few times I can agree with the criticism. We haven't had another FS Muffin or Vinyl Scratch, we haven't had another Mane-iac in that size or pose, and Pinkie Pie with her chicken costume was different, especially since the clothes weren't painted on.

This?

The fact that you can get this Discord for retail makes it less special, regardless of the Fluttershy that comes with it. Definitely not worth $50. The packaging is great, but I definitely won't shell out the money for this unless I can find it cheap eventually.

Post Merge: June 29, 2016, 04:56:36 PM

I wouldn't buy an oversized g1, especially not for $50.

Honestly, if they'd just make a character we haven't gotten yet! There's so many!

THIS!

G4 has given us so many neat characters that haven't gotten toys yet, give us some of those as exclusives, Hasbro!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 04:56:36 PM by Rainbowrific Renia »
Instagram / Want List

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2016, 04:57:51 PM »
ok  so i  really dont like this years exclusive nor do i want to pay 60.00  for it. SERIOUSLY!?
all it is  is a  jointed   fluttershy with molded hair and the same guardians of harmony  discord ere getting later in the year.    seriously?!   we knew thaat they were lazy and htey love to recycle but this isj ust ridiculous and not  worth the money AT ALL :enraged:
well  at least i'll be able to save myself 60.00   at least when maniac and spike were relased they were touching and LOOKED liek they go to gehter   this time hasbros all lets put in this figure    that  hasnt   been relased yet  paint on eyes so we dont have to really make    new figure or come upw ith soemthing new or original. oh and we still have these jointed fluttershys lets chop  off the hair and   toss her int her with molded hair and WHALA! Exclusive.

meh. MEH. not even worth  25.00  and whats wrose is at  sdcc there  49.99 but at he fair? there 60! come on give us a freaking exclusive that we cna be proud of not just   whatever sdcc i gonna get.

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2016, 05:15:40 PM »
It's a really nice box, but I don't want the Guardians of Harmony figures badly enough to pay extra to get them early.

I also think people are being unfair when they say that this exclusive is a failure, because failure implies you tried.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal