collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SDCC Pony 2016  (Read 33568 times)

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
Re: SDCC Pony 2016
« Reply #180 on: July 01, 2016, 06:13:56 PM »
EDIT:  In a flawless show of timing, Guardians of Harmony Discord is now available on Amazon for $30.

Ha! Wonder if they were just waiting for the exclusive to be revealed before it went up....

Maybe the eyes are not the only difference.

Maybe one has coffee and the other has tea!!!

DUNTDUNTDAAAaaaaaa...
Well now it's higher than $30. I wonder if they are using the SDCC price oO

Hasbro say gimmee yo money...I say nooooooo, no pony, no money.
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #181 on: July 01, 2016, 07:07:07 PM »
EDIT:  In a flawless show of timing, Guardians of Harmony Discord is now available on Amazon for $30.

Ha! Wonder if they were just waiting for the exclusive to be revealed before it went up....

Maybe the eyes are not the only difference.

Maybe one has coffee and the other has tea!!!

DUNTDUNTDAAAaaaaaa...
Well now it's higher than $30. I wonder if they are using the SDCC price oO

Hasbro say gimmee yo money...I say nooooooo, no pony, no money.
And I say No to hasbro at this time :P
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #182 on: July 02, 2016, 01:05:53 PM »
Wow so $20-$30 for the normal GoH Discord? Personally for a little bit more I would prefer the SDCC version, but that is just me. I like it because it is limited, the box is very neat and big, fluttershy, and now possibly tea instead of coffee LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!  :P Sure that's a $20 difference but eh I will still buy one. Poor Hasbro is going to have surplus of these things lol.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 02, 2016, 06:38:51 PM »
Wow so $20-$30 for the normal GoH Discord? Personally for a little bit more I would prefer the SDCC version, but that is just me. I like it because it is limited, the box is very neat and big, fluttershy, and now possibly tea instead of coffee LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!  :P Sure that's a $20 difference but eh I will still buy one. Poor Hasbro is going to have surplus of these things lol.

Wait so if the regular price is $30 (that's kinda high but oh well that's the regular price) and the regular single ponies are probably going to be around $10 so that's $40 right there. $9 for the light up base and packaging isn't too bad. It's still disappointing in the sense that it's almost like there wasn't an exclusive at all.

This just better not be the only way Fluttershy gets a release. Making a main character only able to be obtained as a limited convention exclusive is bad form *sideyes Mattel for releasing DCSHG Katana as an SDCC exclusive*.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 06:51:08 PM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 02, 2016, 07:44:17 PM »

Wait so if the regular price is $30 (that's kinda high but oh well that's the regular price) and the regular single ponies are probably going to be around $10 so that's $40 right there. $9 for the light up base and packaging isn't too bad. It's still disappointing in the sense that it's almost like there wasn't an exclusive at all.

This just better not be the only way Fluttershy gets a release. Making a main character only able to be obtained as a limited convention exclusive is bad form *sideyes Mattel for releasing DCSHG Katana as an SDCC exclusive*.
Off topic, Mattel might make another version of Katana later.

On topic, yes it would be bad form for Fluttershy to be the only Main character who gets this one release.. however, I have not seen AJ or Rarity in the GoH images right now so there is still hope later that all three of them will get a normal release

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 05, 2016, 10:31:59 AM »
I think the prices right now on amazon are high.  For example, the Guardians of Harmony Nightmare Moon and Celestia were supposed to have retail prices of $19.99, but they are also selling for $30 right now.

I'm sure the price for this guy will drop when he is actually in the stores.  And that is before sales, coupons and other discounts.  I would not rush to buy the one priced at $30, but it is smart of the amazon sellers to price them on the high side since some people will not be able to wait.

I suppose if the TRU price is $30, than the difference between the SDCC figure isn't very large considering Fluttershy.  IF one can get over the irritation of the figure not being exclusive.

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 06, 2016, 02:07:38 PM »
Do we know for sure that these are the same scale? In the video of summer unboxing the exclusive, it looks HUGE.
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline PinkieShyPony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 06, 2016, 02:58:32 PM »
Well I just looked and found a video of a girl unboxing the regular figure and it looks like it is the same size.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 06, 2016, 03:05:45 PM »
Well I just looked and found a video of a girl unboxing the regular figure and it looks like it is the same size.
One of the MLP Fair staff showed off the SDCC exclusive. I would actually like to see SDCC discord right next to the normal GoH discord XD

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #189 on: July 06, 2016, 04:08:14 PM »
I'm sure they're the same size. The whole point of reusing an existing mold is that it saves money.  With Discord particularly, resizing the mold would take a lot of work (because he has so many fiddly little molded parts).
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline PinkieShyPony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 06, 2016, 04:19:58 PM »
Yeah I watched both videos. Definately the same size. It looked huge in the little girls hands lol. It really does look cool. Just disappointed it's the same mold. I have no idea where I'm gonna put something that big!

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #191 on: July 06, 2016, 05:29:40 PM »
On the topic of coffee v. tea that stuff isn't cheap either....prices are up everywhere so because i am not buying this not-elusive "exclusive" I can buy almost 20 cups of Starbucks regular coffee with the money some of you ponies are spending for Discord and hermit-crab Fluttershy.

I'm in an odd mood:  I must have had too much coffee already.  I better try the tea.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 12, 2016, 07:05:22 PM »
Actually I really like the fair exclusive. I think it looks pretty cool.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 17, 2016, 01:29:00 PM »
Still no news about any Equestria Girls (or Jem even) and the con is only 3 days away. I'm beginning to think Discord is the only thing MLP this year.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 17, 2016, 02:09:34 PM »
Considering its all a commercial exercise...it seems so daft that all Hasbro really had to do was recolour the Pinkie Pie or Shining Armour Fashion Style mould to some character we have not previously had released; stick her or him in a recoloured version of the old exclusive box...and wham cheaply made, highly priced, much loved exclusive.

Its kind of like they are trying too hard to be cool.

I know everyone has mentioned this is not for bronies as traditionally bronies are not collectors...but its not for kids and its not for toy collectors...so who the heck do they think is going to buy the thousands they will no doubt have on HTS in a week or so :P Thats the bit that confuses me the most.

As for the teeny tiny differences between it and actual releases...as long as people pick up "chase figures" or "variants" which have such minimal differences between them and the main stream release, companies like Hasbro are going to think people buy into something being "exclusive" even though the difference is so minor.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal