collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SDCC Pony 2016  (Read 33566 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: SDCC Pony 2016
« Reply #165 on: July 01, 2016, 10:22:57 AM »
I think the Discord mold is amazing, it's just aggravating that he's the same (almost) as the much cheaper version.

I think Hasbro is just confused about what people want from the SDCC pony.   The last "homerun" they had was Muffins.  After that we had:

DJ Pon3 (2013) - lingered in Hasbro Toyshop for ages

Mane-iac Mayhem EQG doll (2014) - a non-pony MLP exclusive, really?  (Nice job displaying her hair, though.)

Mane-iac Mayhem pony and Spike sidekick (2014) - terrible job on her molded hair and she looked really plain.  But probably the 2nd best exclusive after Muffins.

scientist Twilight Sparkle EQG doll (2015) - again, not a pony.  (Though I like the scientist concept.)

Chicken Pinkie Pie (2015) - awesome costume and box, but actual Pinkie is so similar to any old FS Pinkie.

I don't think it's them choosing to please bronies over collectors.  I've never seen a brony say "If ONLY there was a FS version of Chicken Pie!"  :P  They would go nuts over Big Mac, though--and so would collectors.  I don't know why they don't make him.  It would be as easy as slightly modifying the Shining Armor sculpt by removing his horn.  Or Fashion Styling size CMCs.  (Like, in proportion with the other FS's--slightly smaller than the adult FS's.)  Or "baby" versions of the Mane 6.  I would loooove that!

As far as the MLP Fair goes, not to be mean but if someone isn't willing to take the risk of getting an exclusive they don't want, then they shouldn't buy the ticket that includes the exclusive.  Simple as that.  SDCC / Fair exclusives always turn up on eBay later, so waiting and buying it from there is always an option.

EDIT:  In a flawless show of timing, Guardians of Harmony Discord is now available on Amazon for $30.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 10:30:59 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #166 on: July 01, 2016, 10:24:39 AM »
@CupidStrikes This year is different for Funko they pumped a ton of money into their exclusives with tons of new characters and molds, and have more tricks up their sleeve (hoping for NMM and QC vinyls.....) it's possible we'll see...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #167 on: July 01, 2016, 10:30:20 AM »
@CupidStrikes This year is different for Funko they pumped a ton of money into their exclusives with tons of new characters and molds, and have more tricks up their sleeve (hoping for NMM and QC vinyls.....) it's possible we'll see...

Is one of the tricks brushable hair?
Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 01, 2016, 11:17:21 AM »
EDIT:  In a flawless show of timing, Guardians of Harmony Discord is now available on Amazon for $30.

Ha! Wonder if they were just waiting for the exclusive to be revealed before it went up....
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 01, 2016, 11:22:45 AM »

Ha! Wonder if they were just waiting for the exclusive to be revealed before it went up....

Maybe the eyes are not the only difference.

Maybe one has coffee and the other has tea!!!

DUNTDUNTDAAAaaaaaa...

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 01, 2016, 11:35:14 AM »

DUNTDUNTDAAAaaaaaa...

I thought it was chocolate milk, like from when he made it rain that one time. 

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 01, 2016, 11:55:38 AM »
I think the Discord mold is amazing, it's just aggravating that he's the same (almost) as the much cheaper version.

I think Hasbro is just confused about what people want from the SDCC pony.   The last "homerun" they had was Muffins.  After that we had:

Mane-iac Mayhem EQG doll (2014) - a non-pony MLP exclusive, really?  (Nice job displaying her hair, though.)

Mane-iac Mayhem pony and Spike sidekick (2014) - terrible job on her molded hair and she looked really plain.  But probably the 2nd best exclusive after Muffins.

scientist Twilight Sparkle EQG doll (2015) - again, not a pony.  (Though I like the scientist concept.)

Chicken Pinkie Pie (2015) - awesome costume and box, but actual Pinkie is so similar to any old FS Pinkie.

I don't think it's them choosing to please bronies over collectors.  I've never seen a brony say "If ONLY there was a FS version of Chicken Pie!"  :P  They would go nuts over Big Mac, though--and so would collectors.  I don't know why they don't make him.  It would be as easy as slightly modifying the Shining Armor sculpt by removing his horn.  Or Fashion Styling size CMCs.  (Like, in proportion with the other FS's--slightly smaller than the adult FS's.)  Or "baby" versions of the Mane 6.  I would loooove that!

As far as the MLP Fair goes, not to be mean but if someone isn't willing to take the risk of getting an exclusive they don't want, then they shouldn't buy the ticket that includes the exclusive.  Simple as that.  SDCC / Fair exclusives always turn up on eBay later, so waiting and buying it from there is always an option.

I agree- I think the mold/figure is actually pretty awesome.  My main gripe is that it is not exclusive.

How interesting that it is up on Amazon already- I would have guessed TRU was going to release the Guardians of Harmony stuff around the same time as the SDCC.

The price is a little higher than the $25 I thought it would be based on the prices in Malasia- but still not too bad. 

So now the question-  is it worth an extra $20 for a bonus Fluttershy figure, painted eyes, and a more appealing box?  I guess there is no rush, I have a feeling the SDCC figures will be in the Hasbrotoyshop for a good long time...

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 01, 2016, 12:07:42 PM »

We always still got a pony along with the Equestria Girl. This year I'm wondering if we will still get an Equestria Girl and if it will still be a doll or if it will be a Mini.

How interesting that it is up on Amazon already- I would have guessed TRU was going to release the Guardians of Harmony stuff around the same time as the SDCC.

I don't think the Guardians of Harmony line is the TRU Exclusive.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 01, 2016, 12:08:11 PM »

DUNTDUNTDAAAaaaaaa...

:lol: Oh yea, gotta be just...like...the showwwww.

Oh wait, it's a 'collector' edition, so that means it's marketed to adults...
Maybe it's beer!!!

Drunk Discord!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #174 on: July 01, 2016, 12:13:20 PM »

DUNTDUNTDAAAaaaaaa...

Maybe it's beer!!!

Drunk Discord!

But what about the children?!?!?!

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #175 on: July 01, 2016, 12:29:14 PM »

DUNTDUNTDAAAaaaaaa...

Maybe it's beer!!!

Drunk Discord!
Discorderly Conduct :P

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 01, 2016, 12:48:28 PM »
This is why real ponypeople are fun. :lol:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #177 on: July 01, 2016, 02:21:45 PM »
I love you guys, you're a riot.  :lmao:

Clearly if Discord is drinking something alcoholic, it's applejack!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 01, 2016, 04:12:29 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l4iveN8pZ0

yup... straight from the farm ;-)

harmless cider

please count my hoof in for a Big Mac FS Brushable = now that as the exclusive would be awesome

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #179 on: July 01, 2016, 05:42:33 PM »

DUNTDUNTDAAAaaaaaa...
Well now it's higher than $30. I wonder if they are using the SDCC price oO
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal