collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Looking For Selling Advice  (Read 336 times)

sweetcat219

• Trade Count: (0)
Looking For Selling Advice
« on: June 12, 2016, 02:47:15 PM »
I'm looking to sell my G1 My Little Ponies (over 100 ponies total) that include Big Brothers, Baby Big Brothers, So Soft, Twinkle Eyes, Ballet, Flutter, Sweetheart Sisters, etc.. Most of them are in great condition. Some of the ponies have my initial written on the bottom of their foot in marker, but it's not noticeable when the ponies are standing up. I need some advice and help on how to start selling them. Need price checks? Sell in groups or individually?

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Looking For Selling Advice
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 06:04:30 PM »
http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/PRICE/

There's a price guide and I always reference eBay as well. Just know eBay is inflated. You can start a sales thread or look at wtb wishlists and pm people who might be interested. I'm interested in baby brother ponies, shs, and so soft that aren't overly worn. Pm me some pictures. :)

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 11:37:56 PM »
You'll want to start by IDing them. You'll get more by selling individually than in lots. I agree that looking at people's want lists in the Wanted forum is a good idea. Make sure to take good, clear pictures of at least both sides. You'll want to list any flaws like hair cuts, hair frizz, spots in the plastic that won't wash off, rubbed eyes, symbols, blush, stuff like that. If you want to sell them faster then lots on ebay might be the way to go but you will generally get a bit less per pony. I look on ebay to price my ponies and there is a feature to view sold listings so you can see what they are actually selling for vs what people are asking. Are there any specific questions you have?

I'm looking for a nice condition Twinkle Eye Quackers if you have one. Feel free to message me. :)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 07:01:08 PM »
If you are certain of the names of all of the ponies you can skip this step, but if you're not sure, posting group pictures of them here would probably get you plenty of help in naming the ones you aren't sure about.

Otherwise, what everyone else has said. List the flaws, take good pictures, especially of any flaws. And if you aren't sure what kind of price to put, its fine to ask. People will have differing views, but that ought to give you a good average to work from.

You also need to work out what your sale range is. If you are only shipping to your own country, you may find that you have fewer buyers, but your shipping might be simpler. The Arena is international, with representation from most countries around the world, so that's a key consideration. If you are shipping internationally, it's worth knowing if any ponies you have were not sold in other countries. It's possible you might make a little more if there are more people interested - but checking out shipping costs is key!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal