collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Price Check: G3 Plush Prototypes  (Read 938 times)

Offline Rhaegar

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Price Check: G3 Plush Prototypes
« on: June 11, 2016, 12:27:55 PM »
Hello! I'm going though and purging alot of G3 items I have. I was wondering if anyone knew what to ask for for these items. I got them from someone working on the line many years ago.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

G3 Nanco Plush Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Sparkleworks. They are the Nanco style ponies attached the Hasbro yarn plush boxes. They all have real fluff filling instead of the styrofoam stuff that the real Nanco ponies got. Tags look like the normal yarn plush Hasbro tags.

G3 Nanco Sweetberry. I don't think this one ever got made? She has fluff instead of styrofoam instead, a gash on her foot (you can see the fluff coming out) and a prototype tag. I have a plush Kimono as well in the attic, same as this one. Not sure I'll part with her though...I really love Kimono.

I also have a folder with the G3 designer's guide somewhere. All the plush have some dirt on them from being in the attic. Any ideas on prices for these?

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Price Check: G3 Plush Prototypes
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 01:18:06 PM »
No idea on pricing but these are really cool items. Hopefully someone will have a better estimate. I'd be really interested to see the G3 designer's guide. :D
~Foxtale~

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 01:38:18 PM »
No idea of their worth, but they are awesome!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 10:36:43 PM »
I want them!

But I have no idea what they are worth, have any sold on eBay?  Might be the right place to let their value figure itself out...list only one at a time so they get a chance to get to their value, if you list them all they will be gone before the buyers have a chance to compete for them very much.

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 08:53:55 AM »
Probably best to take offers or do auction style sales since these are uncommon items.

Very cool!
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

lostpony

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 10:26:03 AM »
Well I checked eBay for "pony nanco g3 plush" and checked sold listings and got this:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=nanco%20pony%20g3%20plush&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

kinda disappointing values, a lot of 3 sold for some best offer less than $24. and a single one went with only one bid for $4. 

At these prices I'd like to buy them from you, especially the purple one with the strawberry and the flaws, that's the Sweetberry you called her?  She might be worth more, I didn't find her on eBay by name.  If they were mine I'd just keep them though...not worth enough to sell...if you decide to move them along I want to get in on whatever bidding etc so please let me know,thanks!

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 10:49:21 AM »
Probably best to take offers or do auction style sales since these are uncommon items.

Very cool!

I agree with this 100%!  These aren't regular Nanco plushes, so the $4-8 doesn't apply.  These are possible OOAK items, especially the Sweetberry and Kimono (I would love to see the Kimono and the designer's guide).  I would definitely do auction style or take offers with a set time frame. 
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Offline Lore-Lei

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 11:32:55 AM »
I love prototypes, and these look amazing! Great finds, especially that proto-Sweetberry.

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2016, 11:38:47 AM »
Wow, these prototypes are so fascinating! The three ponies in the boxes have embroidered eyes instead of the usual plastic eyes that Nanco used. I think that was only a feature of the European cloth-hair plushes. But I don't think the Euro ones have hoof hearts at all, so... plushie mysteries! :biggrin:

Nanco definitely made a Sweetberry plush, but maybe not at the 11" size? Or perhaps not for the American market? I can't quite remember, but I know at least one version exists because I've been wanting her for years. :lol: All the different G3 plushes confuse me, but I'm sure halicabi, empress of plush, would know for sure.

I would love to see that designers guide!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 02:33:37 PM by BlushingBlue »

lostpony

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2016, 12:00:56 PM »

...  These aren't regular Nanco plushes, so the $4-8 doesn't apply.  These are possible OOAK items, especially the Sweetberry and Kimono (I would love to see the Kimono and the designer's guide).  I would definitely do auction style or take offers with a set time frame.

I'm glad I was wrong about the low value!  Their eyes ARE different than the ones I saw on eBay too...it's interesting that the labeled prototype has what looks like the production eyes though.  I'd definitely like to get in on any bidding.....

I offer $25 for Sweetberry and Rainbow Dash together, which is definitely too low for them.  Please PM me if you accept.... 

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2016, 01:23:08 PM »
Nanco definitely made a Sweetberry plush, but maybe not at the 11" size? Or perhaps not for the American market? I can't quite remember, but I know at least one version exists because I've been wanting her for years. :lol:

I have one I got in a Show Bag in South Australia.  She's pretty small though! 

Offline Rhaegar

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2016, 05:50:01 PM »
You know, I never even noticed the embroidered eyes.  :P I remember the normal Nanco ones being quite terrible compared to these ones, but I haven't seen one in years. I also believe I had a Butterscotch at some point but so far she hasn't surfaced.

I gotta dig Kimono out of the attic, but heres pics of the designers guide. I love the talk of a "movie", which never happened.  :lol:

Flutterfan

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2016, 08:23:05 PM »

Just a stinging reminder of the MLP movie that never came out.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2016, 01:07:27 AM »

OMG, that licensing guide is AMAZING!  I love it!

Especially this quote:

"The property's vision, McCarthy says, is to be 'a positive influence for little girls all over the world for the rest of time.'"

Holy ambitious goal, Batman!  But MLP has not been out of stores since the start of G3, so I guess they're off to a good start.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal