collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is this a good deal?  (Read 1375 times)

Offline MsMedley

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • "We’re all cast-aways in need of ropes"
    • View Profile
Is this a good deal?
« on: June 09, 2016, 12:57:03 PM »
I found a local seller who has listed their collection for $150. That's quite a bit of money for me right now, but if there are some good ones in there I may try and swing it. Any idea on what this lot might be worth?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
^.^ Check out my facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/KimberlysCommissions

Thank you to Dainty for my profile pic!!

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
Re: Is this a good deal?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 01:09:10 PM »
It looks like there are about 65 ponies, so at $150 that's $2.30 per pony, plus accessories. If you're looking for an instant collection it doesn't seem too bad. Hard to tell condition though

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 01:10:45 PM »
The accessories are pretty cool though, loads for the newborn twins. Maybe offer something like $120 to start with and see if you can haggle it a bit.

Jules x
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 01:12:59 PM by Juliepants »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline NigheanRuadh

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Pony rescuer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 01:22:57 PM »
I see Blueberry Baskets and at least four MO pearlized babies.

I think it's a reasonable price.  Although if you can haggle it a bit, even better.  :)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 01:38:17 PM »
That looks like a pretty sweet deal! If you got the cash to spare, go for it! Any extras or ponies you don't want can be cleaned up and traded/sold for those you do want.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 01:54:28 PM »
I say it's worth it, especially since they're local.  You could ask to see them before you bought them, but it's a lot I would jump on  :)

Offline MsMedley

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 02:25:20 PM »
Thanks everyone for your comments! I think I'm going to try and haggle a bit and see what I can get it down to. I emailed the seller so I'll see what happens...also have to convince the hubby that it's a good investment   :bateyes:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 02:31:34 PM »
Looks like a pretty good deal to me, especially with those newborn twin accessories.  :)  Especially since there's no shipping cost.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2016, 02:41:10 PM »
I was considering that lot too, but in the end I'm just too far away. :( If the seller won't budge on the price, maybe I can go in on it with you? ;)

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2016, 05:50:37 PM »
Looking forward to hearing the outcome.  For $150, I would not haggle too much.   The baby pearly ponies are almost worth that alone and I would buy those from you if interested in selling those ponies  :P
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 04:04:44 AM by jrr74 »
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2016, 09:36:01 PM »
It's a really nice lot.  Hope it works out.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2016, 12:30:46 AM »
I think it's a stellar lot for that price. If your reselling most, blue berry baskets and the other sweet berry ponies, the four pearlized babies, sea flower, winger glow, the shs ponies, the newborn twins, the princess accessories, and the ss ponies will well exceed the purchase price.
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline MsMedley

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2016, 12:31:05 PM »
Hey everyone!! Thank you again so much for your help with this! I'm happy to say that I was able to get them, and even talked the seller down to $125! However when I went to pick them up, the first thing he said was "You're not going to re-sell them are you?"  :blink:  I was honest and said I was going to sell some of them, but that I would also give some to my 6 year old daughter, and he seemed very happy with that.

He was an older gentleman who told me these were his daughter's, who is now 32, but she is disabled and he will never have grandchildren to give them too. Then he told me he also has a disabled son, and he has cancer and they are downsizing and trying to sell their house and then I felt guilty for talking him down and even offered to give him more $ for the lot but he said that wasn't necessary. But man...I felt so bad. Some people are given such a tough deal in life. :(

I went thru the lot, and some are in good condition, although about 1/4 are pretty beat up. Mostly the Sweetberry ponys. But I'm really pleased because she had a few ponies I've always wanted but wouldn't have pursued on their own, like Wind Whistler, Posey, Bright Eyes and Peach Blossom. The 3 flutter ponies don't have their wings attached, but the wings are there, so that's neat too!

After I came home he messaged me and said he found 22 more ponies, the stable and the castle that he can sell me - I bet the princesses are in that group because there are accessories but not the actual ponies in this lot. So I may take him up on it. I'll let you guys know :D

I was considering that lot too, but in the end I'm just too far away. :( If the seller won't budge on the price, maybe I can go in on it with you? ;)

BlushingBlue, what part of Indiana are you from? If you come over and help me sort and price you can get a cut ;-)

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2016, 03:33:11 PM »
After I came home he messaged me and said he found 22 more ponies, the stable and the castle that he can sell me - I bet the princesses are in that group because there are accessories but not the actual ponies in this lot. So I may take him up on it. I'll let you guys know :D

BlushingBlue, what part of Indiana are you from? If you come over and help me sort and price you can get a cut ;-)

How exciting for you! I'm glad you got the lot, although it's too bad about the seller's circumstances. :( If you go back for the others, you can always be a bit more generous to off-set your guilt. ;)

I would love to come visit and sort/groom/price with you! There is no greater joy for me than being elbow deep in grubby ponies. :lol: Fort Wayne is kind of a trek for me, but I'll PM you.

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2016, 03:23:43 AM »
The older gentleman wanted them to stay together.  So sentimental....I feel that way too.  What a great bunch of ponies and most of them have spots in all those carrying cases.  And there are flutter wings...and you can get 22 more with the castle and stable.  What great pony days for you!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal