collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Difference between the German Show Stable and the second edition Show Stable?  (Read 1999 times)

Offline LNS

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Glitter Ninja!
    • View Profile
    • on pink wings ...
Is there a difference between the German Show Stable and the second edition Show Stable? Some way in which to distinguish which is which? Did the German Show Stable only come with one sticker so it would say Pony Haus on it?

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
I'm not sure, I hope one of our other members can help ^.^ it might be worth asking in the corral too :bigups:

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
I don't think it came with more than one sticker, so would expect it to say Pony Haus, but can't say for 100% certain. Anecdotally I think the shell is pretty similar to the second edition show stable, but the accessories may be different. I'm actually not so good on the US playsets, lol. Is the second edition Show Stable the same as Home Sweet Home?

There are some people that focus on accessories or playsets specifically, so they'd be able to give you a better answer :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline LNS

• So Soft Pony
  • Glitter Ninja!
    • View Profile
    • on pink wings ...
Thank you for the suggestion, pinkkittywinks. :) I'll do that.

From what I've found / seen the second edition Show Stable was released in Europe when the Home Sweet Home was released in the US, LadyGuinevere. The biggest difference I've seen is the color of Brandy (Home Sweet Home has the yellow with pink Brandy while the second edition Show Stable has a normal colored Brandy) as well as the sticker on the front. Which is why I'm curious if there are any differences between the second edition Show Stable and the German Show Stable other than the sticker on the front of the playset.

Delaneys

• Trade Count: (0)
Including Megan's Place, we have 5 different variations of the Show Stable (including the Pony Haus) on display in the Pony Room. 

And here they are... first from Brazil

Next is the Pony Haus variation from Europe

And next we have Megan's Place

Next is one version of the US with a lavender roof

And finally the other version of the US release with the redder roof

And even the dogs that came with are different... here are a few we have
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 05:00:57 PM by Delaneys »

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Home Sweet Home is different than the Euro releases of the pink stable  in a few ways (other than the front sticker).  The dog, as mentioned, is yellow with purple accents. 

The fences/troughs/shelves are purple (not a teal-green, which is also different than the forest green of the first release white stable).   

There are differences in the way the stickers look on the 1-2-3 prize ribbons.   It's a different font / style.

The flag stickers are also different.  For the Euro/UK stables, the stickers are the same as what they used on the white stables.  Home Sweet Home got redesigned stickers for its flags.

The shade of pink of the stables is also slightly different, but hard to tell without them side-by-side. In fact, there are slight differences in pretty much all the accessories between the US and Euro/UK releases.   

Home Sweet Home didn't come with Lemondrop.  According to Taffeta's site, the UK pink stable came with a LD made in China, unlike the first release's Hong Kong. 

As far as differences between the UK and German releases, I don't think there are many. The German dog has comma-shaped eyes, like the 2nd dog in Delaneys' photo. I think the UK dog is the ones on the far right. 

Home Sweet Home colors and accessories:
http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Home_Sweet_Home

Some German Stable II accessories (scroll down to the German section)
http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Show_Stable

« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 05:18:30 AM by ashlyne »

Delaneys

• Trade Count: (0)
We have a spanish MIB version that is made in china up on ebay right now... it came with Lemondrop.  Sounds like the euro releases from China all included Lemondrop in them?

Offline LNS

• So Soft Pony
  • Glitter Ninja!
    • View Profile
    • on pink wings ...
Wow. So much information. I really appreciate it. :D Thank you so much, Delaneys and ashlyne. That really helped a lot. Seeing more pictures of the different Show Stables was fantastic. Thank you, Delaneys! :) Very much helped being able to see the colors more. :) All of the information was immensely helpful, ashlyne. Thank you! :)

Would either of you know if the German Show Stable had the option of another sticker so it could be in English on the front?

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
I've always assumed the 2nd edition SS was the same but just with different labels for different country releases, but that's an interesting question. I know my nursery had different language sticker options and that was the later release, around 1988-9. THe 2nd stable came out around 1990? So it's not impossible?

(Edit for clarity - I mean the European release SS, since the US one has a different name).

Also, I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure the pink and pink stable in the Delaneys picture above isn't US at all, but is the UK version of the European release. THe one that came with Chinese LD. I am unsure why the pink and pink stable gets called the German SS - I think there's even a MIB Spanish one or something on ebay atm - because it was sold in most of Western Europe, and as far as I know the only change is that name label.

So I am fairly sure the Delaneys' pink one came originally from here in the UK. :) Since that is the stable we had in 1990. With Chinese Lemon Drop :) I may be totally off, but I thought the US 2nd release one had the name Home Sweet Home on the front, not Show Stable.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 06:19:10 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
Also, I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure the pink and pink stable in the Delaneys picture above isn't US at all, but is the UK version of the European release. THe one that came with Chinese LD. I am unsure why the pink and pink stable gets called the German SS - I think there's even a MIB Spanish one or something on ebay atm - because it was sold in most of Western Europe, and as far as I know the only change is that name label.

So I am fairly sure the Delaneys' pink one came originally from here in the UK. :) Since that is the stable we had in 1990. With Chinese Lemon Drop :) I may be totally off, but I thought the US 2nd release one had the name Home Sweet Home on the front, not Show Stable.

Taffeta, you're correct!  Delaney's photo is the UK stable, not from the USA.   Unless there was an extremely rare release of that stable in the USA that no one's mentioned before.    As far as I know, the only pink stable from the US is Home Sweet Home, and it's got HSH on the front label.   It came with those purple fences shown in the image with Ponylandia. 

I really need to dig out my stables. Maybe I'll do that tonight.  I think I have the pink versions for UK, USA and Germany.  If that photo is of the UK stable, there is a significant color difference between it and the German one.   HSH is definitely a brighter, more pink shade than the European releases.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Hrm, actually, I didn't know the German one had a yellow weathervane. Unless that was a replacement. I notice the purple weathervane is on the purple roof stable so that could've been swapped by an overeager kid at some point in its past life!

My UK one is very beaten up and I haven't replaced it, which is why there isn't a photo on my site, just the insert image. I wondered if this was more helpful from that point of view:
http://www.etherella.com/scrapbook2/mlpmedia/advert_stable.html
I notice in that photo the building isn't branded, presumably so this advert could be printed in many countries at once, with just translated text.

I realised last night that the insert image looks a bit inconclusive in terms of colour. But the colours of the roof on the PonyHaus in the Delaneys' picture look discoloured to me, like Paradise Estate's roof goes with too much sun? We don't get sun much in the UK (>.>) so maybe that's the explanation. The turret is definitely discoloured on the PonyHaus.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 10:31:52 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
Regarding the roof, I know my German one is the same reddish-pink color.  I'll double-check, but I don't think it's discolored (peeking into the cracks and underside of the roof).  I remember looking at it to see if I need to put it on my "to-be-upgraded" list and being surprised that it seemed to be its natural color.   

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
Okey dokey.   I spent a long night taking some photos of my stables. I have USA white, USA Home Sweet Home, UK pink and Germany pink.   

The UK pink is completely mint and still in package (the seal was already broken, so no guilt in rummaging through the contents).  According to the box, the pony was made in China and everything else made in Spain.    Hmmm....interesting!   But there is only one sticker for the front on this UK stable.   I don't know about German Pony Haus, since I don't have the sticker sheet for it.

Home Sweet Home is somewhat discolored, so the roof should be a much brighter pink, and German Haus is very discolored. But looking at the undersides of the roofs, there still seems to be a significant color difference.   Same goes for the back side (and hidden crannies) of the pink stables' doors.     

Plastic pieces between the UK and German stable are pretty consistent. Yellow plastic pieces between HSH and German/UK stables are slightly different. I took several different pictures in different lighting to see if I could capture it.   

The purple accessories of HSH and the UK/German stables are darker.  What's interesting is the fence of HSH is a different shade than the other purple accessories. I have another almost-complete HSH and it's the same way.

Anyway, I could go on ....and on and on.  Instead, you can look through them.  The only thing I'm not sure about is the dog that goes with the German pink stable.   I have SO MANY DOGS.   It was labeled German, but could've gone with the German stable. 

http://s7.photobucket.com/user/ashlyne/library/INVENTORY_G1/Playsets/Show%20Stables

Enjoy!  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal