collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What details would you like to see in G5?  (Read 2055 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Re: What details would you like to see in G5?
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2016, 03:54:32 PM »
Whatever happens, I hope Hasbro realizes that quality control is a thing.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2016, 06:19:11 PM »
I personally feel that what Hasbro has done it has done because it was easier to mass produce ponies of the same color mold etc.  Kids love imaginative stuff.  So all the colors, breeds, genders, etc. we are missing right now, isn't because that's what kids want, but more because it's what Hasbro can get away with.  At least that's my viewpoint.  I could be completely wrong though.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2016, 06:29:13 PM »
I personally feel that what Hasbro has done it has done because it was easier to mass produce ponies of the same color mold etc.  Kids love imaginative stuff.  So all the colors, breeds, genders, etc. we are missing right now, isn't because that's what kids want, but more because it's what Hasbro can get away with.  At least that's my viewpoint.  I could be completely wrong though.

Same here. I notice my daughter skipping over most of the main six toys and going for the more interesting toys and poses. She likes the rearing and Sparkle G4s best.

She likes the G1s too and still wants the occasional G3, even though its her generation and she's got plenty.

So-softs, Newborns, Twinkle Eyes, Glow n Shows, Sunshines, Sundae Bests, Shimmer ponies, Sunny Scents, Halloween ponies.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 06:32:57 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2016, 03:20:06 AM »
I would definitely like to see a return to a more classic G1/G3 styled design.

I want more green ponies! There are so few :' (
I'd love to see flocked ponies again. It would be so nice to be able to buy a nice new fluffy pony.

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2016, 04:24:18 AM »
More yellow ponies, green too.  Boys, sea ponies, gimicky ponies like we saw in the last few years of G1.  Different combs with different sets of ponies, more accessories and better playsets.  G1 basically, which is not shocking considering its nostalgic value for me. 

Speaking of pinkie pies as construction material... If we ever get a My Little Pony museum let's use Pinkie Pies to build it.  Everyone can send in their extras like American kids sent in their pennies to build the base of the Statue of Liberty XD

In all seriousness though I don't really care what Hasbro does next as long as they are more durable than G4 has been.  Many of my daughters ponies are already breaking down and it's only been a few years.  Hair is brittle and falling apart, plasticizer leakage, discoloration.  It's crazy.  It would be nice if they made toys people could save to share with future little ones.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 04:30:31 AM by brighteyes »
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2016, 05:45:26 AM »
I think current kids would like the old ponies.  If you made the Year 2-5 ponies in the G4 molds, packed them, and put them on store shelves, I highly doubt kids would snub their nose at them because they're "old."  The reissues failed because they were made as collector's items for a niche audience and not something that would attract both the young and the old (and the advertising for them was practically non-existent).

So, yeah, I would like to see a retro line within the larger general release.  Heck, I would like to see the next generation resurrect the first half of G1 for the 21st century.  Bayformers brought back a bunch of classic Transformers, why not bring back the G1 ponies?

I would also like to see what others have suggested.  Larger size, better proportions, manes and tails that are a reasonable length for manes and tails, actual quality control.  Treat this like the Star brand it is.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2016, 06:06:15 AM »
More pony types and two-sided symbols... :P

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2016, 06:48:47 AM »
I just want larger toys with brushable hair.  You know...actual My Little  Ponies...

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2016, 07:04:21 AM »
Pretty much everything you guys already mentioned.. Sizes and proportions closer to G1/G3, a larger variety of poses (or even articulation if they can find a way to do it without ugly joints), quality brushables, more males...

There are a lot of things I like about G4, but the tiny size has always bothered me a little ::shrugs:: I'm just glad my big pony-Renaissance happened during G4 and not G3.... Cause I really like G3 now and I would have to buy them all if they were still in stores ><

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2016, 12:44:27 PM »
G1 for the win !!!

Offline LordBlumiere

• keykid in a police box
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • doctor heart stealer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2016, 06:35:16 PM »
I feel like I have very little to add that hasn't already been said, lol. I do have to echo the statement of going for the primary market first--children--but also giving collectors something to love, too. I don't want MLP to become collector-centric at all, but I would like Hasbro to throw us some love once in a while.

I agree with going back to the larger size--MLP always feels best when you can wrap a hand around their middle! And yes, double-sided symbols/cutie marks/whatever would be great to have back. Hasbro needs to put quality control back into the line; when G1s are holding up better than some G4s, that's an issue. I'd love to see some new species, and definitely old ones making a return. And more boys! Please, we've had a serious drought of boy ponies since G1, and even then there weren't many!

Ultimately, I just want to see the creativity of the past gens come back. I do like G4, but objectively I think it's the most creatively bankrupt generation toy-wise for lasting this long. At least G3.5/Core 7 had the excuse of barely lasting 2 or 3 years. I'm honestly hoping the G4 movie ends G4 succinctly and we get G5 within the next couple years. One can dream...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

they/them, he/him, xie/xir/xirs
grail: princess silver swirl (original)

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2016, 06:50:25 PM »
I would like to see more baby dragons like the U.K. attendants of the Princess Ponies and maybe some adult dragons in toy form too.  Though, make them closer in size to ponies.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2016, 11:11:30 PM »
I just want bigger ponies...  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2016, 04:28:36 AM »
I hope they go back to G1 style. I seriously can't stand how G4 looks. No offense to all you G4 pony fans out there. The show is great but I can't stand the pony's design. Imo they don't look like ponies at all. THe HUUUUGE head...I mean...why? The eyes look like alien eyes and again, freakishly huge. The switch between G1 and G2 was too big, even though I loved G2. The difference was immense. G3 actually leaned more towards G1's style and design. I actually can't imagine what G5 would look like. Especially now after the great succes of FiM. I don't care so much if there would be a show or anything like that. I won't start collecting them anyway...I think. I'm just too hooked to G1 and G2. But yeah, like I said. Going back to G1 would be great. And yes, more sea ponies!

Post Merge: June 06, 2016, 04:33:27 AM

I just want larger toys with brushable hair.  You know...actual My Little  Ponies...

So ironic... :silly:

But yes, I agree!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 04:35:09 AM by Pierlala »
My wish list: Click here!.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2016, 06:43:20 AM »
I think current kids would like the old ponies.  If you made the Year 2-5 ponies in the G4 molds, packed them, and put them on store shelves, I highly doubt kids would snub their nose at them because they're "old."  The reissues failed because they were made as collector's items for a niche audience and not something that would attract both the young and the old (and the advertising for them was practically non-existent).

So, yeah, I would like to see a retro line within the larger general release.  Heck, I would like to see the next generation resurrect the first half of G1 for the 21st century.  Bayformers brought back a bunch of classic Transformers, why not bring back the G1 ponies?

I would also like to see what others have suggested.  Larger size, better proportions, manes and tails that are a reasonable length for manes and tails, actual quality control.  Treat this like the Star brand it is.

I completely agree with this.  Seeing old characters as G4 would be just enough to scratch my nostalgia itch.  And kids won't know that their "old."  I just really wish they would do this.

I'm personally worried that when G5 roles around (and it will eventually, it may not for another 5-10 years) that we are still going to be stuck with the mane 6.  I mean they pulled RD and Pinkie from G3 and those two along with TS are on *everything*!  So I hope that if they stick with the same marketing plan for G5 that they at least give us a different set of characters for their core set.

I think G4 is cute and I collect them.  But I wouldn't mind G5 swinging back towards a more horsey design.  I also really miss having multiple poses.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal