collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What will the Target/Toys R Us/ Wal-mart exclusives be???  (Read 528 times)

Offline Ariana

• Trade Count: (+193)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
What will the Target/Toys R Us/ Wal-mart exclusives be???
« on: May 30, 2016, 06:43:31 AM »
Since we have nice images of a lot of the merch coming for this fall, I wonder when we'll be seeing sneak peaks of store exclusives!
Anyone have any guesses to what they will be?

We didn't get any Wal-Mart exclusives last year, so honestly I don't think they will continue their "Through the Mirror Line"...

Toys R Us always has an exclusive multi-pack of brushables, a talking princess, and some dolls/Fashion styles. What do you think they will be this year? I'm thinking a Luna or Twilight in the talking Princess size because who else do they have?

And Target is completely random every year. I LOVED the Canterlot line in 2012 and hope they have something cool and glittery like that! I just want at least one more character from them.

What do you guys think?  :blink:
Follow my SFW pony tumblr: http://yodawgiheardyoulikeponies.tumblr.com/
Trade/sale list and wishlist:
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,371182.0.html
My MLP Youtube Channel:

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
Re: What will the Target/Toys R Us/ Wal-mart exclusives be???
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 07:14:38 AM »
For target, probably those Wonderbolt founders costume mane 6 that turned up on eBay not too long ago. Not sure about walmart or tru.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 12:20:15 PM »
In the past, we saw the TRU exclusives at the NY toy fair.  Since we didn't see any this year, there's a chance that TRU isn't going to do any this year.  If that's the case, it's probably because they shot themselves in the foot by doing two years of ponies covered over by outrageous designs that turned off a lot of people.  Though this past year they did at least use new characters instead of another release of the mane 6.

I agree that the costumed ponies are probably Target's since they are very similar to the way the Power Ponies are done.

I don't know about Walmart but I'm not expecting anything interesting if they do have something.

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 12:50:17 PM »
In the past, we saw the TRU exclusives at the NY toy fair.  Since we didn't see any this year, there's a chance that TRU isn't going to do any this year.  If that's the case, it's probably because they shot themselves in the foot by doing two years of ponies covered over by outrageous designs that turned off a lot of people.  Though this past year they did at least use new characters instead of another release of the mane 6.

I agree that the costumed ponies are probably Target's since they are very similar to the way the Power Ponies are done.

I don't know about Walmart but I'm not expecting anything interesting if they do have something.

I don't think we saw last years' at the toy fair? I seem to remember them turning up on taobao and ebay first, but I could be wrong. But yeah, it's entirely possible they'll forego exclusives this year. I don't know how well the line has been selling since they switched from favorites collection to ponymania.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 04:53:21 PM »

I don't think we saw last years' at the toy fair? I seem to remember them turning up on taobao and ebay first, but I could be wrong. But yeah, it's entirely possible they'll forego exclusives this year. I don't know how well the line has been selling since they switched from favorites collection to ponymania.

I can't see them not doing exclusives at all but it is possible there will be less or they will change the format. Like maybe we won't get a big pack but a smaller pack instead.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline BerylBreeze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 09:54:35 PM »
Aren't the pops the only exclusives for the moment?

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 10:08:54 PM »
Aren't the pops the only exclusives for the moment?

For now. We are speculating what else could appear.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal