collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anybody know anything about The Puppet Factory puppets?  (Read 828 times)

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
Anybody know anything about The Puppet Factory puppets?
« on: May 29, 2016, 02:01:18 PM »
Ok, so I just listed this guy on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/112011199344?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

After less than half an hour I have a guy offering me $50 for him!  :blink: Very tempting, but I turned him down because I didn't know how much he was low balling me. He turned around an upped the offer to $75!  :shocked: At that point I asked if knew something about the puppet that I didn't. Haven't heard anything else yet.

sailorstitch

ETA: He replied with this.

Hello,
I have bought and won almost every puppet factory auction in the last five years. I have even contacted the owner of the puppet factory Martha Bishop who bought it from the original owner in the early eighties. Whenever some inquires about an older puppet from her she has them contact me. The 70s puppet factory puppets sell between 20-75 with tags depending on character. The hippie puppets seem to be the most popular. Some people ask prices over 100 but they never sell. Look at completed listing. In all my years, I have never seen this blue one. I have a purple and a few brown monsters but never Blue. He is unique.I hope you consider my offer because I would love to add him to my collection.

I don't know what to do! Would you take the money and run or see where the auction goes?

Post Merge: May 29, 2016, 06:27:36 PM

Ok, I did it. I sold him to the guy for $75. Who knew a childhood toy that I didn't even LIKE that much could be worth so much.

sailorstitch
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 06:27:36 PM by sailorstitch »

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody know anything about The Puppet Factory puppets?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 11:53:45 PM »
Interesting!! Well I'm sure you made that guys day!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal