collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Kids  (Read 756 times)

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Kids
« on: May 28, 2016, 10:31:51 PM »
I was just wondering how many people on here have their kids collecting with them?

Offline teacher316

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Kids
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 06:46:00 AM »
I do! My daughter is 10 and has G3s,G1s,and a few G2s. She plays with hers and displays them. She knows that 1 day my whole collection will be hers. I love that she likes ponies. It's a special bond that we share.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 08:36:02 AM »
I have no kidlets of my own but my sister and I are 9.5 years apart so back in the glory years I had an easier time at garage sales and such because she was an actual kid :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Tak

• No Transactions
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 09:40:40 AM »
I do! My daughter is 10 and has G3s,G1s,and a few G2s. She plays with hers and displays them. She knows that 1 day my whole collection will be hers. I love that she likes ponies. It's a special bond that we share.

We have g4's, e.g., andd ever after high, too. She helps me decide which ponies to try for and loves doing swap boxes with me. She knows it'll be hers and promises she won't sell them. :)

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 09:57:01 AM »
*shrugs* My child has ponies but they aren't her favorite thing.  I would have to say her stuffed animals still beat out anything brushable.  She knows what collecting is, from YouTube videos, but she's not so much into the idea - she asks Mommy and Daddy to buy what she likes.  Which could be a dinosaur figure and then a pack of hairties for it.  Yes, I know T-Rex toys don't have hair to style.  Whatever.

We take her shopping at the thrift store so much so she doesn't have any thoughts about packaging vs loose... 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Ledbyrd

• Extra glitter on mine please!
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Twinkle Eyed Nightlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2016, 01:01:12 PM »
My oldest daughter is 5 and we collect ponies together. She has G4s and G3s that she plays with. She knows that she has a collection and mommy has a collection (I collect G1s and G4s). We hunt for ponies together at second hand shops and she gets all the fakies (which she also loves) and the G3s and G4s that we find. We have lots of fun together. She loves to admire my G1 collection and also knows that I will pass them down to her at some point.

My youngest daughter turns 1 next month. I bought her a set of those playschool baby toy ponies for her birthday. I'm hoping she will collect with us too one day. Have to start them young...lol. :lol:

Thanks to Nence for my siggy art!
My Wishlist
Currently searching for Ice Crystal

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 03:33:14 PM »
My mother actually got somewhat into ponies because of my collection, so I guess my situation is in reverse. My parents run an antique shop during the summer and now when they go out looking for new merchandise for that--or to garage sales / second hand shops in general--my mom watches for ponies. Her favorite part is finding out "who" the ponies are using sites like Dream Valley or Strawberry Reef. She is also the one who sends out / picks up my boxes and packages when they come in since i don't drive.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2016, 07:23:33 AM »
My dog has the beginning of a Care Bear collection. Does that count?

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Tak

• No Transactions
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2016, 09:09:49 AM »
My dog has the beginning of a Care Bear collection. Does that count?

Sure :)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2016, 09:27:52 AM »
I don't have kids to collect with, but I sort of collect with my boyfriend's little sister and sort-of-cousin in a way! His sister loves my ponies so I gave her a tiny collection last time we visited, though she may have (or well, probably has) outgrown them by now. We played Monster High dolls and stuff. I taught her all of their names and showed her cool stuff she didn't know, like Twyla's glow in the dark eyes.

I haven't seen his cousin as much, but when I visit we play/discuss dolls. At Christmas she called me so we could talk about the Monster High dolls we both got. She'd probably be very excited to hear I got an American Girl finally.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal