collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: American candy/snacks/cookies etc.  (Read 1557 times)

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
American candy/snacks/cookies etc.
« on: May 26, 2016, 02:46:56 AM »
I like to taste candy/snacks/cookies etc. from different countries. Right now I want to try American stuff, so I bought some from a Swedish sight that sell American food. I bought:

Hershey's chocolate - It was ok, but I think the chocolate we have here tastes better.
Nerds - Was also ok.
Pop Rocks (grape) - Super yummy! We do have something similar here but they aren't available everywhere and they are usually a more sour taste.
Beef Jerky (Jack Links Original) - Not my cup of tea..
Cheetos - Yummy! Quite similar to a snack we have here, but more sour.
Kellog's Pop-Tarts (cherry) - Pretty good.
Jelly Belly 20 Flavours - Yummy! Especially the popcorn one.
Candy corn - Very yummy!
Mrs Freshleys Chocolate Frosted Mini Donuts - Pretty good, but has a very "artificial" taste.

Is there any other classic, typical American brands you think I should taste?
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: American candy/snacks/cookies etc.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 03:18:37 AM »
more sour.
:blink: What flavor? Not once I've ever had sour Cheetos.

Offline Sandi

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 03:38:55 AM »
more sour.
This one: http://www.fritolay.com/images/default-source/blue-bag-image/cheetos-crunchy-cheese.png?sfvrsn=2

I compared them to these similar Swedish snacks which have a more "mild" cheese flavour: http://cdn2.cdnme.se/cdn/6-2/1574794/images/2010/crunchy_24783525_118118823.jpg
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 04:36:20 AM »
i like the hershey cookies and cream  chocolate but its quite sickly and i like cadburys dairy milk better (I'm in the uk) 

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 06:13:06 AM »
Jolly Ranchers and Pixie Stix are my favorite candy, and Tostitos chips and Triscuit are great too.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Princess Lala

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 07:13:36 AM »
Omg I know what you mean by the tartness of cheetos lolol I hate cheetos! The flavor is too strong. I'm used to this japanese cheese puff version of these, they have a lighter cheese taste and don't turn your fingers orange!

Gotta try a Wonka chocolate bar if they are around! They aren't good at all, i think its gross "American Cadbury" chocolate, but the wrappers are cool to frame! I actually hate american chocolate, doesn't compare to Belgian or Japanese chocolate.

Some cheap junk here that I think tastes good are: crispy/peanut M&M's , Reese's anything, Starburst fruit chews, sour patch kids, anything else Wonka is good, Skittles- Berry is the best flavor, Little Debbie treat Brownies (the rest of this brand is nasty and the cakes all taste the same), Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Cheddar crackers, pringles, these breadstick crackers with dipping cheese you get in the plastic trays, chex mix, Cracker Jack popcorn, and really any kind of breakfast cereal.

I don't eat a lot of american snacks anymore, because everything seems to be gross spicy lime or bacon flavored nowadays. Those doughnuts you got most people I know hate those or anything like them- the only doughnuts in a to-go bad that are good are the Kroger brand chocolate dipped cake donuts are the bomb! The chocolate is real without that waxy sugary grit feeling and the cake part of the donuts are always soft.

In America we have really weird flavored chips like sloppy Joe, hot dog, mac and cheese, pickle, ketchup, cheese burger, baked potato, and just other strange things you wouldn't expect on a chip. They are...interesting. I prefer the ones at the Asia market that are cabbage or cucumber flavored!

I wish I could teleport you here and hit the dollar store! That's a heaven for any american snack lover haha!

*high fives because buttered popcorn as your favorite jelly bean flavor-mine too! They have a whole box of them here in just that one flavor! Mix it with brownie batter or caramel next time*
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 07:22:00 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline Lore-Lei

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 07:50:32 AM »
more sour.
This one: http://www.fritolay.com/images/default-source/blue-bag-image/cheetos-crunchy-cheese.png?sfvrsn=2

I compared them to these similar Swedish snacks which have a more "mild" cheese flavour: http://cdn2.cdnme.se/cdn/6-2/1574794/images/2010/crunchy_24783525_118118823.jpg
Ooh, we don't have that kind here in Hungary either. I'd not call the Cheetos cheese sour though, sure, it's a lot LOT LOT more intense than anything else, but not sour for me.

Anyhow, I forgot to add my two cents here:
American Donuts - Loved the ones covered in chocolate, they are nice and big. It's a lot like what we have here though, just have anactual hole while we don't.
Skittles/M&Ms - Like 'French pills' (which are not even french btw), just bigger. The package is half the size though even though they cost almost the same. Still, tasty.
Doritos - Nope. Never again.
Mountain Dew - Literally tastes like Sprite. Slightly disappointing, I was expecting something different.

Offline Aliyahbetd

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 10:59:00 AM »
i like the hershey cookies and cream  chocolate but its quite sickly and i like cadburys dairy milk better (I'm in the uk)
Lol it really is. Every once in a while, I crave the cookies and cream Hershey, but I always regret it about halfway through xD
Wishlist:
My Kingdom for Cranberry Muffins! :lovey:...
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,379105.0.html

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 01:23:20 PM »
For the bagged donuts, you might like the Krispy Kreme ones, especially the mini crullers, if they have any. They might not be as good as fresh ones, but you do have to keep in mind that these are baked goods that have been made to stay on shelves for extended periods of time, so they will taste a little artificial.

For cookies, there's lots of different Chips Ahoy and Keebler's cookie flavors. I like the white chocolate ones, myself.

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2016, 01:54:29 PM »
Not candy, but try Pop-Tarts! I like the fruit ones but they also come in flavors like chocolate, marshmallow and S'mores.

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2016, 02:18:25 PM »
I'm not a fan of Jack Links beef jerky either, I prefer Slim Jim sticks myself.. and I like the softer puffy cheetos or popcorn cheetos to the crunch variety.

Pringles are great, I only eat the original kind but they come in many flavors (Pizza, cheese, bbq, ranch, etc.)

If you're a soda person I recently discovered the amazing Jones brand sodas, the strawberry-lime is heaven. Cheerwine (cherry), Mountain Dew Baja Blast, Big Red, and Mexican Fanta are all great too.

Candy wise Reeses Pieces, Saltwater taffy, Laffy Taffy, Sour Patch Kids, Big League Chew bubblegum, Three Musketeers, Boston Baked Beans, and Trolli Strawberry Puffs.

Also, peanut butter. Never going to understand why people overseas don't have the stuff because I can't live without it. My go-to brand is JIF and I buy the creamy style.

Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2016, 02:41:46 PM »
I like Rolos and Twix.  Back when I could eat candy they were high on my list. I have no idea if they are considered American candy.  Also Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are a favorite.  For chips: back when I ate chips I preferred Pringles, but regular Cheetos are a huge favorite...not any of the special flavors.  I love Pizza flavored Goldfish crackers and Mother's Iced Oatmeal Cookies.  I don't eat this way anymore, but those were my stand by snacks when young.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Nekronyte

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Call me Nek
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2016, 03:52:55 PM »
I think your reaction to our Hershey's chocolate is typical, most people say it's not very good especially when compared to chocolates from other countries. But I'm glad to see someone else likes candy corn! it usually gets a bad rap but I love it.

I don't know if these candies are strictly American but I would suggest Warhead hard candies, they are VERY sour. And Fun-Dip which is basically just flavored sugar you eat on a stick also made of sugar, seriously. Let us know how it goes!
http://followingponies.tumblr.com/  :good:
My tumblr - mostly pony related.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2016, 03:58:17 PM »
I don't like regular Hershey chocolate too much, but I love Symphony bars.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal