collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: hair frizzy just at the ends?  (Read 444 times)

Offline starryeyed

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • seapony in the clouds
    • View Profile
hair frizzy just at the ends?
« on: May 22, 2016, 05:35:41 PM »
hey! I've had this problem with a few ponies now and I usually just put their hair in a braid and be done with it, but one girl I recently got has it really bad (g3 Minty with tinsel). I can generally get rid of most frizz on other ponies, even the 2008 McD ones who have poor quality hair, by brushing them out with shampoo and sometimes boiling water if it's bad. But for Minty I've tried everything, including using a straightener, but her hair is still just so coarse and incredibly frizzy right at the tips. What do you do when you get a pony like this? Is there some sort of technique for fixing it that I just don't know about? Also, why is it just the tips that I can't get the frizz out?  Thanks so much <3

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: hair frizzy just at the ends?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 08:53:03 AM »
The hair is made of plastic. When you stretch it enough times from playing, washing, brushing, existing.... it gets all frizzy.  It's just simple physics - a continuous strain in one direction, constant tension, it will "spring back" eventually against that tension, now you have frizzy ends! 

Kind of like how a household broom gets all gross and useless after a year or so.... 

The best solution I have found: coat the hair in conditioner.  Let it dry to a crunchy state.  Get it slightly wet again (I run a wet comb through it) and then take it through the straightener in small 1 cm sections of hair.  Re-coat in 1:3 watered-down conditioner, and set in hairstyle.  If you set the hair in curls, make sure you use end papers!  Best way to disguise the super fuzzy ends that you can't fix... 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 08:55:35 AM by lovesbabysquirmy »
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal