collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Why is Generation 1 My Little Pony So Hated?  (Read 6042 times)

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Why is Generation 1 My Little Pony So Hated?
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2016, 12:38:28 PM »
Yepppp, LM.

Also huge g1 fan, it's basically the only generation I'm really interested in, but I only liked the specials myself. I found the regular episodes to be unbearable. I liked MLP Tales though.

So I could see hate on the shows, but. *shrug* It was what it was. I wish they were all animated like the specials. It's still immature the way they put the other generations down as much as they do. A simple statement saying they don't enjoy it, ok. But they're more extreme in it. Which caused a rift between the original fans/collectors and bronies and collectors started hating back on bronies for it (and for sexualizing it).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2016, 12:45:55 PM »
The sexualization of FIM is just another symptom of the same social stigma that has caused many male fans to adamantly reject previous generations in a toxic way - a desperate attempt to divest MLP from 'for little girls'. It's a sad reflection on our cultural bias, as LadyMoondancer summed up so nicely.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline chaosprincess

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2016, 12:48:42 PM »
ponycake you are amazing you put it perfectly and you like my little pony tales I am a fan of mlp tales as well I actually just found a rockin beat pony at a yard sale today I was excited I finally found a mlp tales pony even if it was a band member lol sorry about all that, but your right I hate that my little pony has been sexualized I collect gen 4 toys due to I like collecting the mlp toys, but I hate that they made innocent ponies which are animals and sexualized them if people want to be a fan that's fine just don't make them sexual there is no need for that its scary.

Baby Sugarberry your right as well it is retaliation, but instead of turning them sexual they should have just left it alone after all they are colorful little ponies not sex objects sorry to put it that way I mean now there is all these terms for horrible scary things with my little ponys why can't it go back to the old times when you just collected them and showed them off.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal