collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: iZombie - Anyone watch?  (Read 1062 times)

Offline Charmer

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://marks-autographs.freehomepage.com
iZombie - Anyone watch?
« on: May 19, 2016, 02:58:39 AM »
I've just started watching this on Netflix. It's such a great show! I've only seen the first season so far (so no spoilers please). For those who aren't aware of the show, it's basically about the lead character who's a zombie, when she eats brains (from the morgue she works in), she has visions of the last hours of that persons life. She ends up working with a detective to help solve murders.

It's created by Rob Thomas who also created Veronica Mars. There are similarities between the two such as voice overs from the leads, etc. If you like that you'll probably enjoy this.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

marks-autographs.freehomepage.com
marks-redcarpet.freehomepage.com

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: iZombie - Anyone watch?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 07:13:00 AM »
iZombie... It sounds like an Apple product parody, like iCoffin. I like the concept though, I'm probably going to give it watch. Finally something with zombies that is not a beaten dead horse.

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 08:47:23 AM »
Love it. I was determined to despise it, but the two main characters just sucked me in. I only have Netflix so no season two yet.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 09:35:22 AM »
Ive seen a few commercials and im intrigued but I haven't watched any episodes :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 02:26:53 PM »
Yes, I love that show! Like you, I've only seen season 1 on Netflix so far. I also love the comic, but the show is really only loosely based on the comic. Still love both, though!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 04:59:29 AM »
Sounds interesting. I hadn't heard of it before.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 04:41:16 PM »
It's Kiwis taking over the world!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 08:36:02 PM »
I saw the first season on Netflix and its pretty fun. Definitely better than I thought it would be.

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2016, 07:07:09 AM »
My husband LOVES it! I've seen a few episodes, and its actually pretty neat! That main character girl I find so pretty!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2016, 01:48:30 AM »
The concept of the morgue, visions/memories and crime solving reminds me of Tru Calling, tho of course no zombies in that. It sounds interesting though.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Charmer

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://marks-autographs.freehomepage.com
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2016, 12:01:08 PM »
The concept of the morgue, visions/memories and crime solving reminds me of Tru Calling, tho of course no zombies in that. It sounds interesting though.

Yes, Tru Calling was one of the shows I thought of too when I first saw it. Definitely an influence I think.

marks-autographs.freehomepage.com
marks-redcarpet.freehomepage.com

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016, 04:21:40 PM »
I saw the first ep when it first premiered on CW, and I've been watching every new ep as they air since then. ^_^ I believe season 2 just ended.

As a writer and a lover of horror stuff, I LOVED the idea when I first heard it. Zombies have been so overdone in our society, most horror fans just groan when another zombie story comes up. But this one actually has very cool ideas that are a unique twist to the genre! Zombies as another class of citizen, rather than being an undead monster. The 'rules' of this world are interesting, like how a zombie can get the memories and personality traits of who they eat, and if they don't eat anyone they quickly degenerate into the classic "Romero zombie" as they call them in the show, so we still get to see some regular zombies too. Oh, and it's based on a graphic novel, so that's always interesting.

Unfortunately I have to say that for me personally the show has really gone downhill since it's start. The stories are becoming very cliche... Each time Liv gets a brain and 'becomes' a new stereotypical type of person, the plot plays out exactly as you think it will. She eats the brain of a country singer and becomes a southern-speaking good-ole'-girl, she eats the brain of a worker at a Whole Foods type of coffee shop and becomes a "feel-good" hippy convinced there's good in everyone... It's just becoming one cliche after another, with no original ideas. Which is a dang shame, cuz the plot is a good one!

And all the coincidences that get thrown into the story are getting pretty unbelievable. Every single character somehow coincidentally knows or interacts with every single other character! Trying to make a graph of the character interactions on this show would be a nightmare! It would look like a spider web on acid.

Despite my complaints on how it's progressing, I'm definitely going to keep watching. It's a fun idea for a show even if I feel like it's not as strong as it was when it started. Sadly I don't know if it's going to live past one more season. The ideas for the plot are just played out by this point, and the episodes now feel predictable. Just my opinion on the subject though. If this is the last season, I look forward to seeing how they wrap it all up. :)
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2016, 02:13:43 PM »
most horror fans just groan when another zombie story comes up

Zombie pun! But seriously. It's too bad the show is getting weaker, and I'm not surprised that you think it won't last much longer. It didn't really seem like the type of show that would really take off to begin with (probably mainly because I liked it so much, and many of my favorite shows were canceled prematurely). I'm still looking forward to Season Two when it arrives on Netflix, though, even if it does get a little too cheesy.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal