collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Price check G1 Rapunzel (please lock topic)  (Read 1418 times)

butterfly1816

• Trade Count: (0)
Price check G1 Rapunzel (please lock topic)
« on: May 17, 2016, 05:04:00 PM »
Hi,

What is the general price point for Rapunzel. I found one, but when I spoke with the seller to see if they would do Buy it Now they said they wanted $2,800 USD or more? Isn't that a little excessive? I recently saw a mint has sold for only $999 on Ponyology... If I were to make an offer and plead with the seller want price do I offer?

Thank you!

P.S. If you have a Rapunzel and are looking to sell please pm me.

Hugs,

Butterfly1816
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 05:58:33 PM by butterfly1816 »

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Price check G1 Rapunzel
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 05:06:33 PM »
That is way over price point. A mint one with acessories usually goes for $800-$1000.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

butterfly1816

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 05:16:13 PM »
Great thanks for the info, I feel as if the seller thinks I don't know anything about ponies especially rare G1s. They said they had seen one sell for that price a few years ago...

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 05:22:48 PM »
That's a ridiculous price.  I don't think even a mint in bag one would go for that much.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

butterfly1816

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 05:25:19 PM »
Exactly what I was thinking, I really want her though, but definitely won't be paying her price. What should I do, it seems to be the only one available? Do I ask again or what for bidding to end? It's already at 510$ USD....

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 09:23:39 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's against the rules of eBay for a seller to do a bin for an item that already has bids on it as an auction.

mskittylovesrobin

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 11:35:49 PM »
Personally, I would place a bid at the last few seconds with the amount you can afford to pay. Like with most auctions. You may stand a better chance at getting the "right" price rather than that insane amount. For that price tell them you want a real Rapunzel pony delivered on a floating cloud wrapped in rainbow paper  :biggrin: good luck and let us know xxx

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 12:16:24 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's against the rules of eBay for a seller to do a bin for an item that already has bids on it as an auction.
it depends on how much time is left on the auction. someone can end an auction that has bids on it, so long as its not too close to the end of the listing.
then they can relist it with a ridiculous BIN and make offers open. the person who previously made an offer via email that they accepted can make that same offer, and the listing can end without worrying about someone else buying it before them.

its not fair but it does happen.

also i just want to say, last year i was searching for a htf nirvana pony, and every time i saw it listed it went super high, (particularly because of me. oops.) but i didn't bid more than i could afford for it, and although i waited almost 2 years searching for the pony i was able to get it for 40$ rather than the 80 and 100$ the other listings had gone for.

if you can't afford it, it's ok to wait too. rapunzel may be rare, but she's not one of a kind. maybe the next time you find one it will be better timing for you, and who knows. maybe less people will be paying attention or they won't have the funds to bid, so you get it cheaper. you never know.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 12:20:26 AM by rosierjay »

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 01:55:24 AM »
That's a ridiculous price.  I don't think even a mint in bag one would go for that much.
This!  Way too high.

I paid around $450 for mine several years ago.  You'll find one for a more reasonable price, just keep looking! 

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2016, 11:15:33 AM »
So there are bids already on the auction?  Ya, I would say let it go and bid what you can like the others are doing.   This is my personal opinion, but I'm personally against trying to ask a seller to end an auction if there are already bids on it.   It just doesn't seem right or fair to the others that are following the auction process.   Doesn't mean it CAN'T be done, but you are sort of "cutting in line" by doing so.   I've watched/bid on auctions before that have ended suddenly.   On occasion, I'll later find out that an outside buyer swooped in and convinced the seller to sell it..... sometimes for way lower than what I would've been bidding had the auction played out.  It's a really disappointing feeling.  Just put yourself in place of one of the bidderss on that auction, and how you'd feel if someone else caused it to end early  ;) 

$2800 is too high, but maybe that's the seller's way of saying they don't want to cancel the bids without making it well worthwhile.    $450 was the going rate years ago, but she's since gone up to $600-700 or more in good condition.    My best advice is what others are saying -- give it your best snipe or wait till another deal comes along.  Either of those options are going to require some patience though   ;)     Good luck with your quest!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 01:55:14 PM by ashlyne »

butterfly1816

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2016, 05:58:00 PM »
Thanks everyone for your kind replies. I contacted the seller again, and they delicned my offer on fairness to others, which I totally understand and agree with. I did however find a hidden eBay listing by accident for a BIN Rapunzel for $800 and scooped her up, I get that the price was a bit high but I really wanted her and had the means to do so, so I just "pounced". Thanks again for everyone's help, I'm glad I didn't steal away a pony other's are trying to buy as well.

XOXOXOXOXOXO,

Butterfly1816

Offline SunnyDazeAhead

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Price check G1 Rapunzel (please lock topic)
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 09:55:42 AM »
Personally, I would place a bid at the last few seconds with the amount you can afford to pay. Like with most auctions. You may stand a better chance at getting the "right" price rather than that insane amount. For that price tell them you want a real Rapunzel pony delivered on a floating cloud wrapped in rainbow paper  :biggrin: good luck and let us know xxx

LMAO!!!!! :lmao:

Yeah, waaaay too much money and it'd against rules to request BIN after there are bids on an item. Just wait it out or find another someday!!! A lovely arena member might be selling so you never know! ;)
:heart: \"Your heart knows your song, but you have to be willing to listen to the words.\" :heart:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 12:01:43 PM »
Congrats on getting your Rapunzel! :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2016, 01:20:20 PM »
I'm glad you got a Rapunzel and you didn't have to resort to shady practices to obtain it! It has always been extremely frowned on in the community to ask for a BIN or a private sale on an item that has bids on. More than that, though, it can be reported to Ebay, and sellers can have strikes against them if Ebay finds that they have done something they should not have done.

It's generally good to avoid treading on each other's toes as collectors in this way. There's nothing anyone needs for their collection so much it's worth hurting another ponyperson over!

And, in this case, your hunting found a Rapunzel that was waiting for you instead ;)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

butterfly1816

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2016, 07:23:32 PM »
Thanks again everyone!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal