collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your first pony  (Read 3773 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Your first pony
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2016, 11:10:10 AM »
Snowflake was one of my early childhood ponies too! Number five I think? Not 100% sure.

My first pony as a child was rainbow pony Windy, I was 2, and it was almost certainly Christmas 1984, as Baby Blossom came for my birthday in 1985 (Feb).

I still have all my childhood ponies :)

My first ponies from the collection restart (aka carbooting finds xD) were Lickety Split and Parasol and I was so excited at getting them. Yeah, I know both are common, but at the time they were old ponies I remembered fondly from childhood stories and they were both coming home with me! That was a nice feeling. I still love the older ponies most.

My first online trade pony was Mimic in November of 1997, from a lovely collector in America who has sadly since passed away (but is fondly remembered by those of us who knew her).

My sister also collects. I don't remember her first carboot pony find, but her first childhood pony was Fizzy (second hand though, this was Christmas, 1990) and her first pony in online trading was Best Wishes. We also got Powder and Truly not long after that.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2016, 12:14:23 PM »
I got given a whole load of hand-me-downs from my incredibly awesome aunt, my favourites of the bunch were Posey, Windy and Majesty. The first pony I got first-hand was the MacDonalds version of Princess Silver Swirl who came with the little castle gate.
When it came to replacing my childhood ponies, the first one I got was Posey; she's still one of my favourites! :heart:

Offline SunbeamV

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2016, 03:21:52 PM »
Back in the summer of 2003 my parents took me to Toys R Us to pick out a reward for getting a good report card at the end of grade 2, and the brand new g3s really caught my eye. There was some sort of sale like "buy a celebration playset, get a single pony half off", so my parents said I could go ahead and pick out four ponies!!  :drunk: So I brought this crew home!

Razzaroo was the one that really captured me though so I technically consider her "first".

My mum really wanted me to get Sparkleworks ("get the orange one!!") so she ended up bringing me back a week or so later to pick out another.  :P

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2016, 04:05:16 PM »
Mine was a blind bag Twilight. I got her about 4 years ago. I remember I was looking for Pinkie specifically but couldn't find her, so I decided to get Twilight since she's my second favorite.

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2016, 04:14:36 PM »
I don't remember my first pony as a kid. I found a photo of me of what I was about 3 holding Baby Crumpet, one of the SHS, and Brightglow and I remember getting a seapony for Christmas.

My first pony collecting again was blind bag Rainbow Dash back when blind bags were just in the UK and Australia. She was a gift from an LJ community and I still have her. She's probably the most traveled pony I have outside of Signature Pony, went from Australia to Japan to the US.

Duster reference]

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2016, 04:50:18 PM »
SS Windwhistler.  She was a Christmas gift when I was four.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2016, 07:22:52 PM »
I can't remember who my first one was. I know it had to be one of several my parents bought second-hand:  Lofty, Majesty, Peachy or Baby Cotton Candy.

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2016, 08:10:23 PM »
My first pony was Peachy (with the pretty parlor of course.)  - I think.  I was very young, and I also had the party pack around that time, but I'm pretty sure Peachy was first.

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2016, 10:00:31 PM »
G4 Rarity was the first pony I bought!  :happy: She was from the Wedding Singles wave ^^

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2016, 11:02:57 AM »
My first pony was my G4 fluttershy plushie from aurora, when i saw her in a convention i knew i had to get her.

Offline SpookyTrees

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2016, 11:37:50 AM »
Snuzzle, for my 8th Birthday. My Nana was in town and we were at Zellars. The sales guy was just cutting open the boxes to put the ponies out. I had a hard time deciding between her and Cotton Candy so my Nana let my other grandma know and she stopped and bought me Cotton Candy later that same day on her way in for my party.
:biggrin: Looking for G1 Starshine, Bubbles, Lickety Split, Posey, Tickle, and a few more :biggrin:

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2016, 03:54:43 PM »
The first pony I remember having is G1 Surprise, but I was told that it was actually G1 Sundance. Quite a few of my childhood ponies came from yard sales and flea markets although I did get a few of the later year ponies from the store.

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2016, 04:27:53 PM »
My first pony was Gusty and my sister's was Powder. I remember them very well and Gusty has always had a special place in my heart because she was my first. After that I'm pretty sure it was So Soft Heart Throb and baby Cuddles with her buggy.

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2016, 04:28:54 PM »
Starshine. :heart: A rainbow haired pegasus: perfection!

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2016, 04:45:45 PM »
Mine was G3 Tink-a-Tink-a-Too when I was in first or second grade.  I got her with my parents at Walgreen's before a long-ish car ride.  I still remember my dad asking me if I wanted "the purple one or the pink one."  She's still one of my favorites and she was almost always central to my games as a kid.  A couple of days later I went back and got the "pink one" aka Pinkie Pie with all the money from my piggy bank, mostly in quarters haha.

My first G1 was Milky Way when I was in my Junior year of high school (so like 17) and I bought her off eBay.  I had never really stopped collecting ponies, I just had always gotten whatever gen was in stores at the time.  I decided I wanted a G1, though, so I started perusing eBay and the second I saw Milky Way I knew she was the pony for me!

Tink-a-Tink-a-Too and Milky Way hang out on my night stand rather than my shelves just because I like to have them close by because I adore them.   

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal