collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Childhood Memories of Ponies  (Read 2716 times)

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
Re: Childhood Memories of Ponies
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2016, 11:04:09 AM »
A friend from my neighbourhood and I always played that the ponies were going out to a restaurant called "De Reuzekeuken" ("The Giant Kitchen"). She often stayed here for dinner, and we would eat at the kitchen table (which was really something, because my mother and I usually ate in front of the tv XD ), that was De Reuzekeuken.
When it was dinner time, we dressed the ponies up nicely, and we took them downstairs in a car or a bus or what have you. XD

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline MangleCrafter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • One word: Firefly
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2016, 11:29:25 AM »
I used to take them to the beach a lot and i would tie a string invention around them, and drag them across the water! I would play with them a lot outside, bring them everywhere. :lovey: :hope: It was fun making basket beds for my newborn twins :silly: Good times! My favorite was Firefly! My mom gave her to me! I loved her so much! Sewing outfits for my ponies with the help of my mom was an amazing project!  :newpony:

Offline Tracks

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2016, 11:57:56 AM »
Sewing outfits for my ponies with the help of my mom was an amazing project!  :newpony:

That sounds like fun, have you any photos of the outfits you made?

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2016, 12:03:30 PM »
I distinctly remember playing very chaotic, silly games with my ponies - I was always careful with the toys themselves but the personalities I gave to them tended to be completely off the wall, as were the situations they ended up in. One theme that kept coming up with Cherries Jubilee being an evil hypnotist disguised as a talk show host - no idea where that whole thing came from - and Baby Up, Up and Away (who I always called Balloons) putting on concerts, where she would sing about "Tiger Shoes". I think at one point they also held off an army of zombie cats (consisting of Kitty In My Pocket toys)
Good times! XD

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2016, 04:58:45 PM »
I remember playing with Sweet Stuff, Fizzy and Gusty at Grandma's house. I remember making Medley, North Star and Masquerade flying around my room and around the house.. combing Magic Star's hair.. Writing on Pocket's and Masquerade's bodies and then later regretting it..  :blush:
I also remember playing ponies and She Ra together! She Ra and her friends would need the ponies' help to battle against Catra!  :lol: ^.^

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2016, 05:26:01 PM »
I remember being in early elementary school and my best friend has some G3s at her house.  I distinctly remember disliking them because they were too "girly" for my tastes.  Look at where I've ended up... :silly:  Surprisingly, I actually managed to identify one of the ones she had, now that I am a collector, as Meadowbrook!

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2016, 09:18:51 PM »
I didn't like ponies for very long as a kid, but I do have a couple memories.
I remember picking out Strawberry Swirl because I had a thing for strawberries back then. Who knows why?

And watching Dancing in the Clouds in the living room sitting on the floor, very close to the TV. (It's no wonder I need glasses now lol)

And begging for a beach towel, specifically because it had Sparkleworks on it...
She still has a place in my heart.  :lovey:

Oh! And thinking my plush Sweetberry's hair looked like toothpaste.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Tracks

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2016, 06:21:54 AM »
*blink* is that my sister's pony in your avatar? (And yay for UK names, by the way xD)

Thank you again for not minding me using your image of Tracks!

You may have seen I've now changed my Avatar as my very own Tracks landed here this morning so I was able to take my own photo!  :frolic:

cvinger

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2016, 06:54:43 AM »
Ponies were about the only thing I played with as a child. We lived out in the country, so I played with my brothers. They had their own ponies (the less girly colors, this was way before the big bother ponies). My younger brother and I has our "adventure ponies", mine was Firefly and his was Melody. They went on many expeditions to the pastures and fields around the house.  My older brother reminded me the other day that he was given Sunbeam because I would not let him play with any of my ponies. :lol:

I had a friend in school that I envied. She had all the "cool" pony things, the castle, the estate, nursery, you name it. I don't know how many ponies she had. We played together when we could.

I had a stuffed Windy and Cherries Jubilee that also went on camping adventures. I was going to list these for sale, but when my brother in law was visiting from Alaska a few weeks ago I send them home with him to his girls (I have two boys with no interest in ponies :P). The huge grins in the pic he send me when they got them made me know I made the right choice.

Every Christmas most of my ponies made the treck to the Christmas tree,(they packed their bags and everything) to live  under the tree with the presents.

The sea ponies spend alot of time in the cattle water trough in the summer. :shocked:

Offline Luxrayx

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2016, 07:12:09 AM »
I didn't have very many ponies as a kid (I couldn't stand girly things :P), but I did have a few. I didn't care about their names or anything, instead they were just among my horse toys. So not distinctly pony-related, but I do remember one summer when me and my sister made tiny fences that stretched across the entire lawn, and we put all our horses and ponies in there. It was quite the ranch, I do so wish I had a picture of it  :lol:

Offline Rachel8125

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Emotional Wellness
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2016, 09:08:18 AM »
I remember playing with Dream Castle and Lullaby Nursery as a kid. I loved making up little scenarios. I spent ages plaiting pony hair, it was probably my favourite thing to do. Unfortunately I also took Bowtie and Bubbles in the bath with me a few times. Bowtie's hair is now the driest, most damaged hair I've seen on a pony! Bubbles has some rust going on.

Offline gullideth

• Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2016, 08:07:37 PM »
My fondest memory was manipulating my grandpa to buy me more ponies.  We went to Wal-Mart once a week and he would do his shopping while I "looked at the ponies".  I would look at them all in their pretty boxes and choose the pony that I wanted.  By the time I zeroed in on the one I wanted my grandpa would return with his cart full of booring adult stuff.  I would make my face very sad and explain that I just fell in love with this amazing pony, it's going to be so hard to leave her....I would look down at the floor and appear as heartbroken as possible.  Then grandpa would say "show me", and I would point to her explaining how she was special and unique....he always caved and bought me the pony.
Looking back, I'm sure my game was very obvious to grandpa.  I thought I was a master of tricks...pony getting tricks.  I was no master, I just had an awesome grandpa.

Offline Tracks

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2016, 06:31:36 AM »
I've just remembered that when I was about 8 we went to a family wedding.  At that age I took a pony or two everywhere we went and this wedding was no exception.

The pony (Bow Tie) went everywhere with me and even made it onto the wedding photos!!!!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal