collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies you should NOT like!  (Read 5692 times)

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
Ponies you should NOT like!
« on: May 07, 2016, 02:45:20 AM »
My apologies if this thread already exists, but I like the"Ponies you should like, but..." thread very much, so let's turn it around! :D Which ponies are everything you dislike about a pony, but still catch your attention for some reason?

For me it's Star Dancer! I really dislike that pose, and usually pink ponies with blue or blue/greenish hair are the ones in a set I don't really want (Princess Primrose, Baby Softsteps, Baby Schoolbag, Firefly, you get the idea), but for some reason Star Dancer always screams "WANT!" XD

I usually also dislike pink ponies with yellow hair because they look like sweaty blondes (especially Tappy, that pose isn't really helping either XD ), but for some reason Baby Mischief is one of my favourite ponies ever! :heart:

So how about you? :pillow:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He knows that they're the fool...

Gusty

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Ponies you should NOT like!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 03:42:21 AM »
G3 Pinkie Pie. I'm not a big fan of pink ponies but somehow she has become one of my favorites. XD

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 04:01:15 AM »
Any G3! They're mostly pink and I convinced myself that the only ones I want are Denim Blue, Waterfire or maybe Toola-Roola... but everytime I come across one I can't stop thinking "ooooh pretty!"

Offline PJSparkles

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Here comes PJ Sparkles!
    • View Profile
    • (A) Tumblr :)
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 06:13:34 AM »
my first wild g1 find last week was a lovin' kisses from the sweet kisses series. Normally, a horse with lipstick would just look awkward to me, but she's quickly becoming one of my favorites. it probably helps that her lipstick color-changing doesn't work like it used to  :lol:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 06:27:18 AM »
Wigwam-I'm not an orange fan and his colors dont say Native American to me. But boy do I need him! Great symbols too. There's no other pony like him.

Sea Breeze-Didn't like her or her set at first but she grew on me, now I have to have her gorgeous self. Love her symbols and the Locket pose is my favorite pegasus pose.

Hula Hula-I didn't like her color or her eyeshadow, then I saw a photo on ebay and she's become one of my favorite unicorns! I love her eyeshadow too and she turned me around on the Tropicals, so awesomely 80s!

Yum Yum-I didnt think lilac went with neon yellow green hair and the Rosedust pose is boring. However saw a pic on ebay and she became my very first Flutter. I love her to bits. Her color combo is the coolest!

Wish I May and Wish-I-Might-Valentine's Day is my bday and I've grown to loathe the cutesy heart and pink/red schemes. Because I am not a fan of either by themselves, but these girls sure are pretty! I wouldn't mind having them.

Always and Forever-WANT!!!

Curlylocks-I would never have bought such a "plain pony" I totally prefer Braided Beauty Ringlets and Pretty Vision and I'm not big on the Surprise pose. But my boyfriend pestered me into getting her and I'm so glad he did. She was my first BnG and she's really cute and not plain at all!

Blushie caught my eye at a swapmeet and I squealed at how cute she was. My aunt bought her for me. For someone who hates pink, I sure do love pink ponies!

SHS Sundazzle ponies-I don't like Sweetheart Sisters, they're boring. But I love the neon set and totally want them, ironically, its the orange one I love most. Go figure.

Love in a Mist-I reeeeally want this girl! She's so pretty!

Princess Misty-I really don't like the Moondancer pose, but Princess Misty is gorgeous!

To many others to name.

Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline DalaPony

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2016, 08:50:00 AM »
Wigwam-I'm not an orange fan and his colors dont say Native American to me. But boy do I need him! Great symbols too. There's no other pony like him.
He's absolutely adorable in person, especially if you can get him with his headdress.  He's definitely one of my favourite boy ponies :)

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 08:51:29 AM »
Mountain Boy Lightening.  What an amazing pony!!! Great pose great colors great symbol! Love him....   But I shouldn't because he's so $$$$$$! :P
Someday I will reach a point when I'm ready to slap down the $80+
That's why I "shouldn't like him". LOL

Offline Big_Brother_Bufftusk

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2016, 10:22:02 AM »
Foreign/Nirvana collector pose ponies that came in other poses in the US...I really don't like the 'shy' pose AT ALL, but seeing ponies that I've seen in poses that're different/more common in the US always make me go...I want that!

The shy pose applejack is a really good example...but I've always liked her anyways.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2016, 12:25:16 PM »
He's absolutely adorable in person, especially if you can get him with his headdress.  He's definitely one of my favourite boy ponies :)

Oh, I bet. One day he just made me fall in love with him. Its my dream to get him with his headdress. :lovey: Feathers and a Nativre American patterened bandana might suit him too,since he's way past my limit with it on. My boyfriend is part  Native American, he grumbles whenever I bring up owning a Wigwam with his headdress.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 12:28:08 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2016, 12:32:36 PM »
Foreign/Nirvana collector pose ponies that came in other poses in the US...I really don't like the 'shy' pose AT ALL, but seeing ponies that I've seen in poses that're different/more common in the US always make me go...I want that!

The shy pose applejack is a really good example...but I've always liked her anyways.

At least the regular Groom & Style collector pose AJ is not expensive xd. Unlike some of the non Hong Kong versions of AJ out there.

For me...I'm going to go with Magic Star, and it's because as a child I hated the Tootsie pose. But as a child I was also obsessed with Magic Star. And then I discovered they were in the same pose, and I was like...O.O NOOOO!

But the silly thing with it is that, although the US Magic Star is in a rearing pose, and I like that pose, to me that pony isn't Magic Star. She's some alternate imitation lookalike pony, but she's not the one I grew up with. Not even deflocked or Brazilian. So although I really like the rearing pose, and I never did like the Tootsie pose, I really came to love Magic Star from the Movie Star line. And, because of it, I guess, I came to like the pose more.

I read the title of this thread first of all as though it was going to be full of instructions as to why you really should not like a certain pony, because it defies logic to do so xD.

(...I could think of a few of those, but never mind xd.)
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2016, 06:07:07 PM »
I shouldn't like sea ponies but I seem warmed up to them now. I dont have alot but I do have some. Though after seeing how much fun my daughter has with her one sea pony I like them better.

I also shouldn't like BBE's but I have a complete set of them. Sweetie Pie is my favorite one.

Those strange eye lash princess ponies I have both. They look strange but I think they got character.

I used to not care for odd ball ponies but now I got a zoo full of them. :)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2016, 09:42:01 PM »
Galaxy.  I'm not particularly fond of twinkle eyes (the only other one I own is Fizzy;) or her color scheme.  But something about her is special.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2016, 11:13:05 PM »
G4 Pearlized Cherry Berry! I was frustrated when I saw the pearlized line; I like ponies that look like they could be I'm the show, but Cherry Berry looks like a cute fruit roll up. I guess in the same vein, the water cutie Diamond Mint, but I kind of pretend she's a crystal pony.
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline NigheanRuadh

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Pony rescuer!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2016, 11:39:55 PM »
my first wild g1 find last week was a lovin' kisses from the sweet kisses series. Normally, a horse with lipstick would just look awkward to me, but she's quickly becoming one of my favorites. it probably helps that her lipstick color-changing doesn't work like it used to  :lol:

I agree about Lovin' Kisses.  Her symbol is just odd to me.  However, I ended up getting her in a big lot of ponies, and I can't help liking her for some reason.

Baby Beach Ball is another one for me.  I'm not fond of the color orange, and Baby Beach Ball's shade is of the punch-you-in-the-eye variety.  In spite of that, though, I find her to be incredibly cute.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2016, 08:17:12 AM »

I agree about Lovin' Kisses.  Her symbol is just odd to me.  However, I ended up getting her in a big lot of ponies, and I can't help liking her for some reason.

Baby Beach Ball is another one for me.  I'm not fond of the color orange, and Baby Beach Ball's shade is of the punch-you-in-the-eye variety.  In spite of that, though, I find her to be incredibly cute.

But colors that Punch You in the Eye are the best kind!  :lol: Plus, all Baby Glory posed ponies are cute.

Post Merge: May 08, 2016, 08:18:28 AM

G4 Pearlized Cherry Berry! I was frustrated when I saw the pearlized line; I like ponies that look like they could be I'm the show, but Cherry Berry looks like a cute fruit roll up. I guess in the same vein, the water cutie Diamond Mint, but I kind of pretend she's a crystal pony.

:lol: @ fruit rollup!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal