collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question for PC gamers - Battlefront  (Read 999 times)

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
Question for PC gamers - Battlefront
« on: May 05, 2016, 01:12:30 AM »
So I am looking to buy Battlefront for Mr Sebby's birthday. I know it needs to be the pc version, but what baffles me is that the physical cd rom cost less than half of the downloadable version.

This makes no sense to me (who knows jack about pc gaming, it has to be said)

So do you get more contents on the download version? And if you were to receive it as a gift, would you be happy with just a code or whatever you get? Also how would that even work - can I buy it without having to download it, as of course, it would have to be on his pc/account/whatever.

Thanks for helping a noob out :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Question for PC gamers - Battlefront
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 04:19:01 PM »
I dunno...... Does it mention downloadable content that's available on the DL version that isn't on the ROM maybe?

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Nekronyte

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Call me Nek
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 05:53:24 PM »
As far as I know the most recent Battlefront game had no PC release with a physical CD, if you buy the game from a store for PC it only includes the box and a key to input either on the website or on EAs Origin account.

You should note that there are two games called Star Wars Battlefront, one that was released in 2004 and a more recent release from 2015. If the CDs you are looking at seem ridiculously low-priced you might be seeing the older release. I hope this information is helpful.
http://followingponies.tumblr.com/  :good:
My tumblr - mostly pony related.

NoelVS

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 10:00:43 AM »
I agreee with Nekronyte. You must check for downloable as there's another old one with same name, that must be the cd. You can check some key pages to save some money. I like that game so much, I downloaded it after release.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 07:57:45 PM »
The first big thing we should know is which game are you looking for. There is a whole Star Wars: Battlefront series, with the latest one (released in 2015) just being called SW: Battlefront. Most PC games these days are not released on disc anymore (which I do not find favorable), but some are still released on disc -- I don't know about this particular one. I do know that a digital copy of that game would likely require downloading it on an EA Origin account, and EA Origin almost never has sales, so if you do find a store copy and it's cheaper, it's because the store decided to lower the price, whereas Origin usually leaves the price at its original release price. Also, when in doubt, Gamestop employees are usually pretty helpful with this sort of thing (especially if they sell a boxed copy of the game in their store).

I hope that helped? Somewhat, maybe? :)

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 05:35:45 AM »
Thanks guys :)
I had actually reached many of the same conclusions, but still none the wiser. I've checked with some gamer friends and also got a friend to sneakily ask my husband - turns out he doesn't know either.
So I guess I ask the guy in the shop - I had just really hoped to avoid going in to town.

In case anyone is curious:

And yes the disk is reduced, but only down from RRP £24.99

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 03:49:45 PM »
Thanks guys :)
I had actually reached many of the same conclusions, but still none the wiser. I've checked with some gamer friends and also got a friend to sneakily ask my husband - turns out he doesn't know either.
So I guess I ask the guy in the shop - I had just really hoped to avoid going in to town.

In case anyone is curious:

And yes the disk is reduced, but only down from RRP £24.99
Maybe you should get the physical copy just because it's something that you can wrap and hand to him as a gift. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal