collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 accessory id? Blue clip  (Read 2255 times)

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
G1 accessory id? Blue clip
« on: May 03, 2016, 05:03:33 AM »
Where is this clip from? (at bottom of picture) It's a blue clip with red hair and silver tinsel.
I have one of these and have been wondering if it's a customized item, then I spotted the one in the picture, it's from a uk auction that ended a couple of months ago. It looks exactly like mine.
It doesn't match the ones that came with the Pretty Ups sets, and it doesn't look like it came with a Dance n Prance pony either.
I have checked My Little Wiki and Lady Twilights acc guide (greatponies.com) and it's not on there.
I guess there might exist variations to the Pretty Ups sets or to various playset acc? Or is it a non mlp acc, from some other Hasbro toy line?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

-

Offline DalaPony

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Re: G1 accessory id? Blue clip
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 05:32:27 AM »
That looks a lot like the clip I got with my childhood Dance 'n Prance pony DJ. My Little Wiki shows her with a green clip with pink hair, but mine came with one like the one in your photo.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 09:27:54 AM »
It would explain a lot if that were a variant clip for the DnP release. I have the same clip back home somewhere, but never have been sure who it belonged to.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tootie_tails

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 11:09:26 AM »
That looks a lot like the clip I got with my childhood Dance 'n Prance pony DJ. My Little Wiki shows her with a green clip with pink hair, but mine came with one like the one in your photo.

This is interesting. Was she bought in the uk? Do you remember if any of the other accessories that came with her were different in any way?
-

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 06:44:52 PM »
If it is, it's clearly not a standard variation:

Image from Google. That's DJ in box in the UK box, but her clip is standard issue.

Hasbro UK did mess around with accessories sometimes though.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline DalaPony

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 06:28:18 AM »

This is interesting. Was she bought in the uk? Do you remember if any of the other accessories that came with her were different in any way?

She was bought for me as a present, back in 1990, and as far as I know the people who got her for me bought her from a local store here in the UK. I think all her other accessories were standard, like the ones in Taffeta's picture.

Here's a photo of her with some of her accessories including the clip (unfortunately I don't know where they others are)

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2016, 01:53:07 PM »
I wonder if it could've come with other ponies than DJ. It reminds me of how Amethyst often came with Sapphire's hat in the UK release, despite always being drawn with the pink one...but I tried and failed to find any MIB UK DnP with the blue clip. Largely because there are hardly any pictures on google that I can see.

It makes sense that it is a DnP clip, because of the style of it...I can't think of any other set it might have come with additionally, which makes it seem like it was made for the DnP...there must be more ponies out there who came with it.

My childhood Songster had yellow and red which I think is normal for her. Which one has the blue bow clip normally? It's almost as though they accidentally made a batch of hybrid clips from Songster's hair and the blue clip and just shoved them in the boxes anyway...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 01:56:59 PM »
I have that one and for the life of me I can't remember it's origins. My DJ came with a standard clip though and I've never spotted a MOC one with that clip.
Could it have been a UK comic free gift? I definitely got it separately from DJ.

Offline daisyd

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Daisy's Crazy Crafts
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 04:56:54 PM »
I have one of those too. I am now racking what passes for my brain as to its origins  :biggrin:

I got my DJ from ebay on her own, so it didn't come to me with her. I had three DnP ponies new, I'm fairly sure they were Player, Swinger and Twirler. But this far down the line I couldn't tell you which accessories they came with.

And I never bought any Pretty Up sets, I was far more keen to save my money for actual ponies and not brush and hair accessory sets, so mine didn't come from one of those either.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 04:59:15 PM by daisyd »
Thank you *wyvernchick* for my lovely avvie!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 05:20:20 PM »
 :biggrin:I've seen it before I think my sister or cousin had it. We are in the UK. I'd say Dance and Prance but again can't be sure unfortunately. Not much help sorry! :huh:

DJ looks amazing with all her accessories!!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2016, 01:59:11 PM »
I have that one and for the life of me I can't remember it's origins. My DJ came with a standard clip though and I've never spotted a MOC one with that clip.
Could it have been a UK comic free gift? I definitely got it separately from DJ.

That is possible O.o. And if you think about it, if it was a gift, and they had surplus, and ran out of a colour clip (as what I think happened with Amethyst's hat), maybe some of the later DnP ponies had them shoved in the box instead...it might not be specific to DJ.

Though I would say this is all theorising without a MIP image to be sure...there are definitely a lot of them around in the Uk side of things, which means either DnP variant or comic gift or both.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tootie_tails

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2016, 08:08:44 AM »
I can't believe the mystery clip is so common and yet unknown..! :)
I figured it was known, just forgotten. When I posted the question I expected a reply of the type "that clip, it came with..." and then I would recall "oh yeah, now that you mention it, it sure did".
Well I guess we have pinpointed uk as the origin. And it probably came with (some or the other) DnP ponies there.
About the colours, it does seem the red hair is like on Songsters clip. But the blue clip itself, I think it is darker than any other blue clip of the same type. But I don't have the others to compare directly so can't be sure. Anyone else?
-

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2016, 02:49:44 PM »
I seem to think it might have been discussed before but it would have been years ago and my memory is bad.
I can't remember the shades comparison. all my accessories are packed away :(

Offline daisyd

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Daisy's Crazy Crafts
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2016, 02:53:19 PM »
I literally just now had a thought about it. Could it be that it could have come with one of the playsets - either the Perfume Puff Palace or the Crimp and Curl salon? I had both of those new, and i do have (though not immediately to hand) both their boxes. I can check them next weekend, unless anybody else has them and can check first.
Thank you *wyvernchick* for my lovely avvie!

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2016, 03:14:38 PM »
That was my first thought too but I couldn't find any reference to it on playset websites. It's certainly possible it was a UK addition.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal