collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Snowflake's symbols  (Read 640 times)

Offline Tzan19

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
Snowflake's symbols
« on: April 28, 2016, 07:36:52 AM »
I'm just full of questions today :)

I have a really nice snowflake her only problem being her symbols have all rubbed.  You can still see the outline of her snowflake's so I was thinking it might not be too difficult to restore them.

What I can't figure out is if her symbols are silver glitter or just silver metallic (or a bit of both)?

Tzan
:enthralled:

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Snowflake's symbols
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 08:14:55 AM »
I think they're typically silver glitter only.    But I seem to recall there being a Spanish one with silver metallic paint only....maybe??  If it is Spanish, it would say Spain on the bottom of the hoof or have no country.    But you probably have the normal glitter version. They're prone to rubbing off easily. 

Offline LNS

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Glitter Ninja!
    • View Profile
    • on pink wings ...
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 09:33:03 AM »
There is also an Italian version of Snowflake who has the metallic silver paint for her symbol. So if your girl doesn't have Italy or Spain on the bottom of her hoof she would have the glittery symbol. :)

Edit: Whoops, forgot about the No Country version. Not sure which her symbols are though as the only picture I've seen of her the symbols are pretty rubbed.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 09:34:48 AM by LNS »

Offline Tzan19

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 10:52:06 AM »
Yeah she's just the regular version. Glitter it is I'll give it a go.  Thanks  :)
Tzan

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 11:52:39 AM »
Yeah, the regular HK pony has glitter. Because she's a rebel ;) I always love that Hasbro broke the rules with her and gave her glitter anyway, even though she doesn't have a horn or wings. It's not like Hopscotch has it, so I always think the glitter and freckles makes Snowflake a pony style rebel xD. (Just like Gypsy and her freckles/non-streak thing).

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 02:23:07 PM »
I think they're typically silver glitter only.    But I seem to recall there being a Spanish one with silver metallic paint only....maybe??  If it is Spanish, it would say Spain on the bottom of the hoof or have no country.    But you probably have the normal glitter version. They're prone to rubbing off easily. 

Not always ;) sometimes Spanish ponies have no country of manufacture stamped under there hoof :bigups: and there is both an NC and a Spain version of Snowflake :)

They are in the nirvana gallery

http://mlparena.com/archive/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=228085

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 04:28:34 PM »
If you try to match the glitter, I'd love to know what you find! I love this set, I think its my favourite.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 06:46:44 AM »

Not always ;) sometimes Spanish ponies have no country of manufacture stamped under there hoof :bigups: and there is both an NC and a Spain version of Snowflake :)

http://mlparena.com/archive/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=228085

Love pkw xxx

Yep, I know  -- see my quote   ;)  May have been hard to catch the first time reading it. 

But I wanted to ask you if Swedish ponies sometimes had no country stamp too?   I've gotten a couple of Sundance ponies from there, with weird pink hair shade and no country on the hoof. 

Offline Tzan19

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2016, 07:17:27 AM »
If you try to match the glitter, I'd love to know what you find! I love this set, I think its my favourite.

Now I see what you mean...the micro fine glitter I thought would do it is not fine enough  :(

Wondering if ultra micro fine would or is this a Hasbro secret that is too hard to ever have a close enough match?
Tzan

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2016, 07:25:29 AM »
It would be hard to cut a template for snowflakes, but I've had good luck in the past with spray glitter.  It takes a few layers to get enough glitter on it, but it's much finer glitter than loose or glue glitter.    It was years go since I've used it, but I think it was this stuff:

http://www.michaels.com/krylon-glitter-shimmer-spray/M10001495.html?dwvar_M10001495_color=Shimmering%20Silver#q=krylon+glitter&start=2

You may be able to spray this in a puddle, and apply it to the pony with a toothpick.  Or, create a mask with snowflake holes.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2016, 08:30:42 AM »

Love pkw xxx

Yep, I know  -- see my quote   ;)  May have been hard to catch the first time reading it. 

But I wanted to ask you if Swedish ponies sometimes had no country stamp too?   I've gotten a couple of Sundance ponies from there, with weird pink hair shade and no country on the hoof. 

I went and got my eyes tested today and I need new glasses :blush: my apologies.

NC Sundance is Spanish and was the regular release in Europe :) so it isn't surprising that she turns up there :bigups:

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 11:26:02 AM »
It would be hard to cut a template for snowflakes, but I've had good luck in the past with spray glitter.  It takes a few layers to get enough glitter on it, but it's much finer glitter than loose or glue glitter.    It was years go since I've used it, but I think it was this stuff:

http://www.michaels.com/krylon-glitter-shimmer-spray/M10001495.html?dwvar_M10001495_color=Shimmering%20Silver#q=krylon+glitter&start=2

You may be able to spray this in a puddle, and apply it to the pony with a toothpick.  Or, create a mask with snowflake holes.

Cool ideas!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2016, 12:10:34 PM »
 :hug:

Love pkw xxx

I went and got my eyes tested today and I need new glasses :blush: my apologies.

NC Sundance is Spanish and was the regular release in Europe :) so it isn't surprising that she turns up there :bigups:

Love pkw xxx

No worries  :hug:   Thanks for the info on Sundance!  Made in Spain, but distributed throughout Europe -- got it ;)

Offline Tzan19

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2016, 02:46:39 AM »

Cool ideas!

Yes   :) will give this a go too
Tzan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal