collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Whats your favorite anime and why  (Read 2162 times)

demonwolfspirit

• Trade Count: (0)
Whats your favorite anime and why
« on: April 22, 2016, 10:26:47 PM »
 Hello everybody I thought I would ask what is your favorite anime and why? Some of my personal favorites are fullmetal alchemist,trigun,cowboy bebop,wolfs rain,ghost in the shell,yuyu hakusho,rurouni kenshin,sailor moon,panty and stocking,higurashi,junjou romantica , sekaichi hatsukoi,golden boy kintaro and ouran highschool host club.Looking forward to seeing everyone's answers. :)

Offline chaosprincess

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Whats your favorite anime and why
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 10:29:55 PM »
I like a lot of different animes, but my all time favorite would be Inuyasha and the reason why is because its  awesome the characters are memorable, the music is beautiful the animation is also beautiful as well some characters were irritating to me like Kikyo and Kagura, but its ok they got removed so I was happy.

demonwolfspirit

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 10:35:22 PM »
Inuyasha was a great show and it did annoy me how in a way kikyo and kagura did kinda make the plot lag in a way. I was happy as well when they got the ax.

Offline chaosprincess

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 10:37:15 PM »
I am sad that it ended, but all good things must come to an end and besides it gives me a reason to rewatch all the movies and episodes over a million times well a million I guess is over doing it, but who cares (starts to watch it a million times)

Offline Akemi-chan

• Matcha-flavored Teeny Tiny
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Baby Pony Addict
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 10:52:10 PM »
I just recently started getting back into watching Anime (watched 5 shows already in 1 week!) and am currently on a shoujo romantic comedy/drama kick:

-Kaichou Maid Sama!
-Ouran Host Club
-Inuyasha
-Vampire Knight
-Toradora
-Tokyo Ghoul
-Free!
-Fairy Tail (okay I know the last three aren't exactly shoujo romances, but I thought they were pretty good!  I'm thinking of reading the Tokyo Ghoul manga as I've heard the anime show left a TON of stuff out).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Have you fan-girled today, [you]?
*For Sale or Trade*
*Wishlist*

demonwolfspirit

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 11:01:21 PM »
I'm always a sucker for a good comedy romance anime. It's my second favorite genre to watch which the first being horror. Alot of my favorite animes deviate alot from the manga.So many I cannot possibly list them all. And chaosprincess I can only imagine you doing that since I'll probably be right there watching it with you. 

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 11:10:40 PM »
I would have to say that Code Geass is my all time favorite anime. I absolutely love the characters, the drama, and the story. It made me cry a few times, because I just fell so in love with the characters and wanted everyone to succeed. It can give a roller coaster of emotions! I also love the music and character designs.

I also really love Princess Jellyfish, but it's not really finished and probably never will be. I wasn't so much into the side characters, but I really love the two main characters and their interactions and character development.

I also loved Monster despite its long length. The mystery and drama were so intense. Again, another story with great characters you can fall in love with. Watching the intro song and scenes really gives you a feel for the anime.

Some other good ones I like:
The Monster Sitting Next to Me (My Little Monster)
Full Metal Alchemist
Samurai Flamanco
One Punch Man
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Really if an anime has great characters with character development or relationship development, I'm sold. I'm especially drawn to psychological thrillers like Code Geass and Monster.
Sig by Corona
Wish List

demonwolfspirit

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2016, 11:29:31 PM »
I find myself drawn to psychological thrillers myself . One of my favorites is paranoia agent. It was always so messed up but in a good way. I also love FMA I only got to watch the original series and I do want to watch brotherhood but I don't really have the time to watch it fully. I heard it stayed closer to the original manga.

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2016, 04:27:50 AM »
I really love this show called Tsuritama!  It doesn't get anywhere near enough fans because it's honestly amazing and it's so worth the watch.  The premise is kind of funky, but the best way to sum it up when people ask me is that it's about "fishing, aliens, and the power of friendship."  See, that sounds so odd (and it is) but it's honestly an amazing show.  The characters are terrific, it's both cute and exciting, and it just makes me so happy whenever I watch it.  The art is really pretty and unique, too.  I've seen it a bunch of times since I own the DVDs.  One time my friend and I marathoned the whole thing in one day  :P

Another anime I'm really fond of is Kids on the Slope.  It's about high school students in Japan in the 1960s who play jazz music.  The characters in this show are so well done and the animation is beautiful.  The scenes where they are performing look especially gorgeous.  It's kind of an emotional roller coaster so I always cry whenever I watch it haha.  It's such a great show.  I just got a bunch of my friends into it so now we can cry about it together haha.

My other favorites are Ouran High School Host Club and Fullmetal Alchemist because they are two of the shows that got me into anime in the first place and they are both so, so good and I could rewatch them a million times.  I'm also completely obsessed with sports anime (my favorite genre) so I love Haikyuu!!, Yowamushi Pedal, Big Windup!, and Free! among others.  The first time I tried a sports anime I expected to hate it but now it's literally 99% of what I watch.  Plus I cosplay from a ton of sports anime hhaha.  I just think you can't beat how exciting it is and they can be so heartfelt as well. 

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2016, 05:21:01 AM »
Sailor Moon. That show changed my life- I don't think it was my first anime but it had to have been close to it. I'd never seen anything like it before, a show full of very different female characters who drove the plot on their own rather than as accessories to men (though 12 year old me was mainly interested in the drama and cool animation).

I still get choked up thinking about certain episodes.

I'm 33 now and I just finished re watching the entire series a few weeks ago thanks to Hulu. NGL, I cried at the end of episode 200 (even though I've seen it before, it's been awhile).

Of course I like lots of other animes, mostly from the 80s and 90s, but Sailor Moon is #1.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2016, 06:29:16 AM »
My top favorite anime are One Piece and Rose of Versailles.

I love One Piece because it has great characters, is incredibly emotional but also has brought about the biggest laughs from me in a long time, and has a plot and world that is actually greatly enhanced by its length that so many dismiss it for. Every thing about One Piece is enhanced by its length, actually, I believe. Some arcs have dragged (Dressrossa), but I think that otherwise it has to be as long as it is.

Rose of Versailles is a series I watched earlier this year, and automatically fell in love with. It centers around France leading up to and into the French Revolution. I love European history, and this one was a great watch. It shows it from so many different perspectives. I certainly came out of it thinking differently of the royalty than I did before.

Being a future musicology student, I can't help but find it odd the usage of Baroque music, when it takes place in the Classic era, and the French court was one of the first to adopt the new style... But they can't win it all. I love Baroque music, and it's hard for me to associate the Palace of Versailles with anything else...

Anyway, wow, sorry... Unrelated music rant there.  :redface:

My other favorite anime are Gurren Lagann (a short series with great spirit), Ouran High School Host Club (mentioned here many times already, hilarious anime), and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. JJBA gets extremely disturbing at times, I wish they would cut that out because I enjoy so much of it, including the constant classic rock/pop artist references in the names.

|My Collection|

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2016, 06:37:21 AM »
Hamtaro. Because hamsters.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2016, 06:37:37 AM »
My favourite anime is Code Geass. I adore it. I love the story, the characters, the music, the animation. I'll admit it has flaws. Some characters are annoying and the fan service is a little too in your face at times, but Lelouch is my favourite fictional character from anything and he's such a brilliantly written character that he pulls the whole show up.

However IMHO the best anime ever is Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. It's such a brilliant show. It has no filler, no pointless characters, the story is brilliant, the animation is brilliant the characters are all amazing. It's the best example of how to do a brilliant anime. It would be my favourite if Code Geass didn't have Lelouch. I literally can't think of a flaw in it whereas with Code Geass i k now their are several but Lelouch is such a brilliant character.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2016, 08:50:14 AM »
My absolute favourite? Ojamajo Doremi. I love mahou shoujo in general, and something about Doremi just hooked me for life :3 I can't put my finger on it exactly. I guess part of it is nostalgia (I've loved it since I was a kid) but I just.. I love how they play around with the magical girl tropes a bit, break away from the general formula at times, I love the music (ohhh gosh the music in this anime is AMAZING ;_;) and ughhh I love it so much.

I also love Tokyo Mew Mew (the first anime I ever saw and where I got my nickname 'Mew' from :heart:), Lucky Star (and the spinoff Miyakawa-ke no Kuufuku, I know they're not to everyone's taste and I can totally understand why, but I love em XD), Midori no Hibi, Bottle Fairy (It's a little kids' anime but it's sooo cute X3), Madoka Magica, and Sugar Sugar Rune (haven't seen all of this one yet but I like what I've seen so far). I just like short series and mahou shoujo, haha.

Nebula Light

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2016, 11:15:51 AM »
Mushi-Shi is my all-time favorite anime. I LOVE supernatural anime, and this one is different. Subtle, beautiful, creepy, intriguing, set in 30's-ish era Japan. Not to mention the main character is hawt. lol
Next is Natsume Yuujinchou. Happy, has good morals, an overall great show with interesting characters. Very touching in moments, I actually remember crying during some episodes.
I really love Norigami and Red Data Girl. Both revolve around gods/spirits.

FLCL
Madoka Magica (really need to see more animes like this)
Spirited Away
My Little Monster
Wolf Children
Fairy Tail
FMA Brotherhood

See, you can't have just one favorite.

I love these types of threads because I hear about new anime that I'm gonna have to watch~  :frolic:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal