collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you flaunt your ponies?  (Read 7748 times)

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Do you flaunt your ponies?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2016, 08:01:31 PM »
My collection isn't something many people know about, and only two people that I know of have seen my whole collection. I do have some out in the living room, and it's nice to be able to see some of it, but I try not to keep too much in there, since it's all going in my bedroom if any one comes over.

I know on more than one occasion people have come into my apartment when I'm not there for inspection/maintenance and I make sure to put anything pony related in the bedroom with the rest of my collection...only to leave the door open when I leave for work. My only relief in that is that I have a unisex name, so they probably think I'm a girl.

Yep for us males there's an added stigma. My ponies are inside some of my dresser drawers. No one knows they exist but me.

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2016, 08:43:24 PM »
I have a few out in my main floor office which is open/no doors so people see them when they come over. I think most of my friends know I collect ponies and other dolls and 80's toys but they don't quite know how big my collection is because they all used to be in my basement office in the old house which was rarely seen by anyone. They're mostly all in storage now until we develop the basement and I get my craft/collection room. When I was a teen living at home I had my ponies and carebears proudly displayed all over my room and on some shelves at the end of the hallway. I'm a little shy so I don't throw them in people's faces but I do love my collection and I'm open about it, don't mind showing it off.  :)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2016, 08:47:46 PM »
I live at my parents' house and there's far too much light in my room so, no.  My ponies live in half of my closet but they are nonetheless loved and come out for visits every so often.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2016, 10:38:59 PM »
I'm still in the family home so my collection is restricted to my room, it fills every surface and wall available. I like to display as much as possible and only have a small amount stored away. Occasionaly when people come over who haven't seen the collection my father actually enjoys showing it off for me, and everyone who sees it seemingly has a compulsive need to take a photo lol.

I don't mind people seeing it or knowing about it, no touching most of it though. I openly tell people I collect ponies when asked about my hobbies.  :P
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2016, 07:48:08 AM »
No flaunting. They're hidden away in the back room. My preciouses....

:P awesome

My mom is my landlord and while she doesn't approve, she won't go against my psychologist's recommendations.

I understand that any light can be harmful, but I like to see, play, pose, and brush my ponies. I have a three foot overhang on the south side of the house. The ponies are as far as the can get from sunlight short of my windowless master bathroom. I shudder to think of the moisture. It's overcast most of the time anyway.

Post Merge: April 21, 2016, 07:52:14 AM

My collection isn't something many people know about, and only two people that I know of have seen my whole collection. I do have some out in the living room, and it's nice to be able to see some of it, but I try not to keep too much in there, since it's all going in my bedroom if any one comes over.

I know on more than one occasion people have come into my apartment when I'm not there for inspection/maintenance and I make sure to put anything pony related in the bedroom with the rest of my collection...only to leave the door open when I leave for work. My only relief in that is that I have a unisex name, so they probably think I'm a girl.

Yep for us males there's an added stigma. My ponies are inside some of my dresser drawers. No one knows they exist but me.

My best friend has two boys. They love all the ponies. When they saw my extra wigwam and barnacle they actually squee'd. We ended up giving them to the boys for their birthdays.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 07:52:14 AM by Tak »

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2016, 08:28:02 AM »
They're in their own room.  I've wanted a pony room since I was, I dunno, 13?  I like to see them all neatly displayed. 

Oh, and the cats would eat them.  Slick already ruined a Paradise Estate. 

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2016, 08:46:30 AM »
all my ponies are in boxes but i have some customs and specials in a cabinet in the lounge :) in my next house i am having a pony room /area !

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2016, 09:04:53 AM »
Well I currently rent a room in a shared house, and the bookshelf that has the best space for pony displays is in a little alcove, so they're invisible unless you go into the alcove and stand right in front of the bookcase because whoever designed this house thought a good room layout needs to be a square with a random, tiny rectangle coming off the side. :drunk: On the plus side, at least they're protected from harsh sunlight! When I find somewhere that isn't a shoebox, I'll probably display them in a more open space so their fabulousness can be enjoyed more readily. :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2016, 09:12:39 AM »
My girls are openly displayed in my bedroom, i don't care if anyone see them, i'm not as shy as i used to be.But they will probably move in another room in the attic when it will be done, because there's too much sunlight here.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2016, 10:27:53 AM »
My ponies have to hide out in my bedroom.  My sister has moved back in with her one-year old kid and four cats.  My little enclave is the only safe place.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2016, 10:56:02 AM »
My MIL is extremely against anything of mine being in the living room, or really anywhere that isn't boyfriend and I's room. Its ridiculous and has only ever applied to me. Lately I've gotten very sick of caring so I have a handful of things scattered around the living room, especially the computer area. Its mostly just dolls and quarter machine toys since I haven't gotten any new ponies in like years. When we move to a bigger place soon and I get my own desk (in the living room) I'll decorate it with ponies, dolls, various other toys, and maybe even art. If she doesn't like it too bad. I'm tired of having to "hide" everything I enjoy and love. I live here too and I deserve to have my own possessions on my desk.

We've literally never had a guest in 5 years except for MIL's brother staying with us for a couple days, but he's totally aware of my collection and has no problems buying me new stuff. I doubt he would've noticed or cared if the entire living room was nothing but ponies. Maintenance has never said anything either, but they've only been in our bedroom once. If MIL had anyone over for some reason I wouldn't care if they saw my stuff. I'd never fit in with anyone here anyways so hiding who I am isn't a priority.

I don't think I'd ever prominently display ponies in the living room. Maybe a single display, or just a couple scattered around. I'd love to have a display case or two in the living room when we get our own place so boyfriend and I can both display at least some of our collections, but it really depends on how the place is organized. Eventually I want to have an entire room dedicated to my photography, dolls, and toys. Or maybe a doll/toy room and a photography/sculpting room. (But of course, every good crafting room needs inspiration! So it would have dolls/ponies anyways xD)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2016, 11:04:16 AM »
My ponies are proudly on display in my pony room, on the second floor of my house. Having a spare bedroom to convert into a pony room was an absolute must when my husband and I were looking to purchase a home.

I also have some ponies scattered about in our living room, but the living room mostly has anime figures and Pokémon that my husband and I collect.

But yeah, considering I'm a toy collector in general, I'm not afraid to show off my pony room. Everyone who knows me knows what's up. :P
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 03:09:03 PM by Rainbowrific Renia »
Instagram / Want List

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2016, 02:08:38 PM »
I wish I could have a display, but right now it's just not possible. maybe once we pay this place off, and then move? So a long way off at this stage! I don't *hide* the ponies though. All new ponies have to be cleaned, there's ALWAYS ponies in our bathroom, either on the bench or the windowsill drying off! I also keep my travel pony on the bookshelf, for easy access, and there's usually a couple of sales ponies on the desk. Right now it's just a lonely Starlight Glimmer, and I haven't even advertised her yet, she's just chillin!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2016, 02:35:24 PM »
I would like a room to display them in, but I don't have space. They have to live in my cupboards as a result. I would want them to be there displayed, but I don't think I would flaunt them as such. I might show them to special people but I wouldn't want to make a big thing of them...? Maybe it's a bit of protectiveness towards them? I dunno.

My ponies are all on show online because of the ID site, but I made a conscious decision a long time ago not to have collection group photos of all my ponies on my website for the same reason. I think I just like to have them to myself a bit...?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2016, 03:03:07 PM »
I'm lucky it's just my daughter and I.

With occasional visits from the pizza delivery boy - he shouldn't be so judgemental

p.s. I do and I don't... I have some photos online on a page
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal