collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you flaunt your ponies?  (Read 7746 times)

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Do you flaunt your ponies?
« on: April 20, 2016, 05:52:05 PM »
I know many on here have enough ponies that they need an entire room. I'm at about 2000 ponies right now. I have them in my front room because it pleases me to see them frequently. I've gotten many different reactions from people when they walk in the door. You come in and, bam, ponies, and my daughter's monster high. (They are both really for both of us) Some people ignore them, some casually mention them, some have their jaws hit the floor and look like they might turn around and run.  :lmao: I really couldn't care less about what they think. The pizza delivery guy was especially entertaining. I'm just wondering if others give their ponies pride of place or if they're in a room where maybe most visitors won't know. Nothing wrong with either way. Just curious. I'm also putting in custom shelves which my dad will build next year. They'll be all around the top two feet of every room. My front room was just the right place for now and I'm enjoying the comical reactions.

mothums

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Do you flaunt your ponies?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 05:56:57 PM »
Part of me wishes I could have my collection all displayed but the other part doesn't. My boyfriend is also embarrassed that I collect, so as long as we live together, a shelf in the guest bedroom is what my displaying is restricted to. I also like having our living room look sort of modern, so I don't feel like ponies would really fit in anyways :x If I had another house all to myself, then I would definitely have them everywhere XD

Offline Tak

• No Transactions
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 06:03:34 PM »
I'm lucky it's just my daughter and I.

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 06:04:16 PM »
If I had the space they would all be front and center flaunted right in my living room!   :biggrin:

My boyfriend is horrified enough that I have my Flat Foots on display on one of my book shelves in there, so all of my other ponies are on wall shelves in the spare bedroom. 

One day I will have my own pony room  :good:

:::::EDIT::::

Was finally able to take pictures of the shelves in my room, so just figured I would add them here....never actually have posted a picture of my collection...

After you walk in the door and turn to the right, this is what you see:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Then you have to look up....waaaaaaaaaaaaaay up for the rest...(I'm standing on a three step stool taking these)

Then look over...

And here it is in all it's spare bedroom-to-high-to-enjoy-glory...

I'm patiently waiting to get the chess set (his) out of the way so I can have another shelf and bring out the ponies in storage lol
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 03:46:04 PM by slyons »

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 06:05:43 PM »
My ponies used to live in the front room but they outgrew it- my front room is weirdly shaped so there really is not space to display them all if we still want to use the room for TV and socializing ^^* so they have moved to their own room in what was supposed to be my office.  :P

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 06:11:43 PM »
They're in my room and I don't really care who sees them.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Tak

• No Transactions
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 06:16:47 PM »
I have the front room and then a separate living/tv room. (Yes, old, one tv) my house is really strange since it had an addition put on in the 70's that doubled the house size. Otherwise it's 50's style.

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 06:21:31 PM »
Pictures!

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 06:32:32 PM »
We have almost our entire toy collection in the living room minus one bookcase of ponies(I have 2) and another bookcase in the upstairs hall. We have a few visitors who go through the toys and reminisce about the toys they had-"oh, I had that!". My family doesn't really say much about it except for the occasional jab like oh, that's your retirement fund sitting on those shelves. Some friends who are younger than me don't really have a connection with the toys, they are just amazed at how organized the displays are and how everything is in rainbow order! Lol

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline Tak

• No Transactions
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2016, 06:51:12 PM »
I don't let people touch them except the few I trust. My daughter's very protective, too. I can't get any collection pictures tonight. Sadly my electrician dad had to have surgery today. He hasn't fixed the wiring in that room completely so there aren't any overhead fixtures. We get perfect southern light in the morning. Another reason that's their room. The lights aren't harmful. I'll get some tomorrow. :)

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2016, 07:16:55 PM »
I've always had my collection displayed in my bedroom. I wouldn't say I flaunt them, lol, but I'm pretty proud. :)

Offline Big_Brother_Bufftusk

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2016, 07:33:23 PM »
Only time someone else saw my pony collection was quite a few years ago, one of my moms friends...she got an absolute kick out of it. I have no idea how many I have now but they could easily fill a room, but with limited space I have to pick and choose who and what I display! It would be cool to know folks who might appreciate it though...maybe when I have them all out again.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2016, 07:38:01 PM »
No flaunting. They're hidden away in the back room. My preciouses....

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2016, 07:51:01 PM »
My collection isn't something many people know about, and only two people that I know of have seen my whole collection. I do have some out in the living room, and it's nice to be able to see some of it, but I try not to keep too much in there, since it's all going in my bedroom if any one comes over.

I know on more than one occasion people have come into my apartment when I'm not there for inspection/maintenance and I make sure to put anything pony related in the bedroom with the rest of my collection...only to leave the door open when I leave for work. My only relief in that is that I have a unisex name, so they probably think I'm a girl.

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2016, 07:59:09 PM »
Most of the common areas of the house have a lot of natural sunlight in them - wouldn't want to display them in there!  So they are in our bedroom in the darkest room of the house.  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal