collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Advice on cleaning ponies.  (Read 516 times)

Offline charlatan

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Advice on cleaning ponies.
« on: April 15, 2016, 05:38:18 PM »
I am very excited!  I bought a lot of ponies from a very vague photo.  When they arrived I discovered they are almost mint--and one of them is MIMIC!!!  Overall they have little grime and factory curls are still present!  However, the hair is slightly frizzy.  Is there some way I can lightly clean these ponies and preserve/ smooth out their hair?  I'm new to cleaning ponies and would love some advice.  I worried about using the toothbrush scrub and rinse method--afraid it will ruin the factory curls.

Also, they came in a MLP carrying case that has black debris inside the plastic--I'm afraid it's mold.  Can I clean this without destroying the cardboard??  Or should I not risk it because of the mold?

These ponies make the ones from my childhood look like street urchins!  LOL!

Thanks!!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 05:43:00 PM by charlatan »

Offline PJSparkles

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Here comes PJ Sparkles!
    • View Profile
    • (A) Tumblr :)
Re: Advice on cleaning ponies.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 06:48:43 PM »
congrats on finding a mimic! you can spot clean with a magic eraser without getting the hair too wet. I'm not too familiar with factory curls since most of my childhood ponies didnt have them (and i destroyed the factory curls on the one that did :\)

Anyone else have any idea?

Offline charlatan

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Advice on cleaning ponies.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 08:50:33 PM »
Thanks!  I didn't have Mimic, and really didn't want to pay the going Ebay rate, so I'm pretty excited.   

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal